RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Problem setting up multiple profiles

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-23, 08:28 AM
RolfK
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by js6543md
Does the steering wheel dash screen state welcome " your name". Every time you start the car or is it only on the infotainment screen. We are having trouble with our dedicated profiles and seat settings staying correct. We have only one profile set up the primary driver that's it.

Can you have an additional profile or does that require a separate account on the Lexus app to go along with a secondary profile in the car. We seem not to be able to get a consistent answer from Lexus

Any help would be appreciated

We have settled on using the 'guest' profile. This approach avoids the wait for profiles to get loaded. You can still use the programmed seat positions manually, and ( using the bluetooth icon on the display ) it is easy enough to change phone connections on the fly.
Old 10-22-23, 08:57 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

Does anyone know how we can add 4 profiles to the car?

We now have 4 drivers in the household and I am hoping that there would be a way to have 4 different profiles in the car to save the seat and mirror positions to each profile.
Old 10-22-23, 09:26 AM
Deeps1
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Does anyone know how we can add 4 profiles to the car?

We now have 4 drivers in the household and I am hoping that there would be a way to have 4 different profiles in the car to save the seat and mirror positions to each profile.
unfortunately you can only set up 3 profiles. I am in the same boat.
Old 10-22-23, 09:35 AM
js6543md
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default profiles a cluster...

Seems like the whole profiles things is a cluster.... Things do not stay on or off, seats don't move, or move to different profile--I could go on and on--need additional software fixes
Old 10-23-23, 04:59 PM
fgina
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

So stupid and complicated. Unfortunately all cars now comes with data modem and must be online to use all features. At the same time, a lot of restrictions. How do senior people get around this? I work in IT all my life and I don't get a lot of these things. I would rather just to use old school key one, key two. The problem is I don't have a key two.

Last edited by fgina; 10-23-23 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-24-23, 06:21 PM
madmax24
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Multiple Cars-Multiple Drivers

My Daughter has a 2022 NX and I have a 2023 RX 350. She has the Lexus App on her Android Phone to control her NX and I have the App on my Android to control my RX.

Can she add my RX to her Phone App and allow me to add her NX to my phone App? I am having my 2nd key FOB programmed for her settings. My wife no longer drives, so I want to "customize" my RX for my Daughter.
Old 01-21-24, 08:10 AM
Scientifix
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2 mobiles

In this day and age of chatgpt and landing rockets back on earth it seems the auto manufacturers still can’t figure out how to support 2 mobiles in the Bluetooth profile. My wife’s 2024 RX has her phone setup as the primary mobile. But whenever I add my mobile as the secondary one randomly my wife complains her mobile doesn’t connect to the car. This is when she’s alone in her and my mobile is miles away. She says when this happens when she goes to the menu and explicitly connects it
works but at times not. So she has to click on “forget” option in my phone entry and hers connects. So now when I take her car occasionally I have to go through the process of pairing again every time.
Our 2018 X3 had this exact problem but I was hoping things would have been figured by 2024 but apparently not.
Does anyone have this issue? I will bring it up to the dealer as well but if this issue is common they may not be able to do anything.
Old 01-21-24, 02:32 PM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 186 Likes on 133 Posts

[QUOTEShe says when this happens when she goes to the menu and explicitly connects it
works but at times not. So she has to click on “forget” option in my phone entry and hers connects. So now when I take her car occasionally I have to go through the process of pairing again every time.][/QUOTE]
We suffered through that after receiving our second key. Took three persons in the dealer to finally get it working...HOURS invested.

But I also suggest linking the driver preferences to the different key fobs. This has totally fixed the issue for us. The RX senses the fob, not the phones in the car.

Old 01-21-24, 03:19 PM
sailormike
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Even the two fobs can be problematic. If we both have our fobs and my wife opens the passenger door before I get to the driver's door, the car loads her profile and I get my knees in the dash.
Old 01-22-24, 04:43 AM
madmax24
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I have two Fobs now. I can't figure how to program a profile for my Daughter to use key #2. I would like to be able to do this without a cell phone because she lives 500 miles away and only visits occasionally. When she does visit, I would like for her to be able to drive my car (customized for her). We programmed the seats, steering wheel, etc for her during her last visit.

Do you know how I can program Fob #2 for her, without her being here with her phone?
Old 01-22-24, 04:58 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax24
I have two Fobs now. I can't figure how to program a profile for my Daughter to use key #2. I would like to be able to do this without a cell phone because she lives 500 miles away and only visits occasionally. When she does visit, I would like for her to be able to drive my car (customized for her). We programmed the seats, steering wheel, etc for her during her last visit.

Do you know how I can program Fob #2 for her, without her being here with her phone?
You should be able to get in the cart with her key only, log into her profile then go under profile settings and enable link to key.
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (01-22-24)
Old 01-24-24, 06:58 AM
2oa
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

These profiles seem more complicated than it’s worth. Has anyone tried deleting all profiles?

My wife is the primary driver of the car… in the off chance I use the car I can just change the seat by pressing the seat memory

Isn’t that simpler?
Old 01-24-24, 06:59 AM
CommodoreAmiga
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 2oa
These profiles seem more complicated than it’s worth. Has anyone tried deleting all profiles?

My wife is the primary driver of the car… in the off chance I use the car I can just change the seat by pressing the seat memory

Isn’t that simpler?
Not when you're running errands and every time you get in the car the seat tries to crush you.
Old 01-24-24, 07:17 AM
2oa
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CommodoreAmiga
Not when you're running errands and every time you get in the car the seat tries to crush you.
but if there are no profiles set up, wouldn’t everything remain the same each time you got in and out of the car? Meaning the seat would stay the same until someone pressed the memory button. When I was done using the car, I could just press her memory to return the seat back to the way she had it.
Old 01-25-24, 05:12 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 186 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 2oa
When I was done using the car, I could just press her memory to return the seat back to the way she had it.
The issue MIGHT be the default setting, that fully retracts the seat and steering wheel at POWER OFF to aid entry and exit.

If you jump in the car you wouldn't realize which settings were used until you powered-up...

Quick Reply: Problem setting up multiple profiles