RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Problem setting up multiple profiles

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-24, 05:22 AM
Scientifix
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

What about the Face ID based profile settings? Does that work? Is it possible to have 2 profiles for 2 different people both using the same key fob but upon entering the car uses the Face ID to automatically use the setting for that user?
I have PTSD from the previous car (X3) when I tried to have another profile it used to create havoc and so I don’t even feel like trying it in the Lexus. I don’t want to mess up my wife’s settings and her getting upset as she is the one driving the car daily to her work. Only occasionally I take her car.
Asking about single key fob because we just got the car and it appears that it will be a few months before we get the second key
Old 01-25-24, 05:59 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 186 Likes on 133 Posts

Our dealer told us more than once that Face ID recognition is inconsistent.

Before we got the second FOB we tried it, but usually our steering wheel would block the steering column sensor, as it was turned a bit. So it didn't work well (Or, it would require a couple minutes of driving to 'recognize' my ugly mug)

I don’t want to mess up my wife’s settings and her getting upset as she is the one driving the car daily to her work.
Same here!!!! Its HER car...

Old 01-25-24, 06:11 AM
Scientifix
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Our dealer told us more than once that Face ID recognition is inconsistent.
Ok that's what I was half expecting! Thanks
Old 01-25-24, 09:03 AM
sailormike
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Scientifix
What about the Face ID based profile settings? Does that work? Is it possible to have 2 profiles for 2 different people both using the same key fob but upon entering the car uses the Face ID to automatically use the setting for that user?
I have PTSD from the previous car (X3) when I tried to have another profile it used to create havoc and so I don’t even feel like trying it in the Lexus. I don’t want to mess up my wife’s settings and her getting upset as she is the one driving the car daily to her work. Only occasionally I take her car.
Asking about single key fob because we just got the car and it appears that it will be a few months before we get the second key
I was able to get the facial recognition to work (most of the time). Check post #9 of this thread.
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (01-25-24)
Old 01-31-24, 12:19 PM
ssimekaz
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Seat position when changing drivers will not seat EXCEPT

I've read a bunch of threads with similar issues, but I'm not seeing the answer. Here's the problem... I had the memory seat reset issue, that's fixed. I have seat position #1 set for me, #2 for my wife. The problem is that when a different FOB is presented, the seats will not move UNLESS you unlock the car before entering. If the car is locked and you unlock, all is well; seats move when you enter. If you just get in, it sees your profile but will not move the seats unless you push the memory position button. Seems like an obvious thing to adjust the seat when a different key is present, but nope. Since my wife's keys are buried in that monstrosity she calls a purse, this makes it very inconvenient and illogical when the car is unlocked in the garage. Is this the default behavior or can it be set to adjust just by opening the door without unlocking?
Thanks in advance
Old 03-01-24, 06:42 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Default Marry Fob to Memory Setting

Does this work the same as in the prior generation where you hold the setting number button and door lock at the same time until it chimes?
Old 03-01-24, 06:46 AM
WellsB
Advanced

Received 446 Likes on 265 Posts

Here is a tutorial;
Old 03-01-24, 07:41 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by WellsB
This is great but can you do this without a separate profile? The dealer told us to use only ONE profile regardless of how many drivers we have. So I want to link the second fob to memory position 2. My wife is the primary driver using fob 1 so she's already set up with the link like this.
Old 03-01-24, 08:02 AM
WellsB
Advanced

Received 446 Likes on 265 Posts

We've been using 2 profiles with no issues. I take everything a dealer tells me with skepticism.
Carbuff2 (03-02-24)
Old 03-01-24, 08:07 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by WellsB
We've been using 2 profiles with no issues. I take everything a dealer tells me with skepticism.
Got it - we only have the one fob now anyway so I'll just memorize position 2 and that will work fine for us.
Old 03-01-24, 09:28 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 585 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Got it - we only have the one fob now anyway so I'll just memorize position 2 and that will work fine for us.
The dealer probably meant don't do a second profile until you receive the second key. That is a smart thing to do since people have had issues doing a second profile with only one key without some issues.
mikemu30 (03-01-24)
Old 03-01-24, 09:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Urlik
The dealer probably meant don't do a second profile until you receive the second key. That is a smart thing to do since people have had issues doing a second profile with only one key without some issues.
I don't drive the car all that often so the memory 2 setting will probably suffice for me.
Old 03-01-24, 09:46 AM
Urlik
Instructor

I don't drive the car all that often so the memory 2 setting will probably suffice for me.
Yup, that's what I do as well. We'll finally make the 4 hour drive to get the second key and the dash garnish fixed in June.
Old 03-01-24, 11:07 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Urlik
Yup, that's what I do as well. We'll finally make the 4 hour drive to get the second key and the dash garnish fixed in June.
Four hours - uuuggghhhh - our dealer is five minutes away
Old 03-01-24, 11:39 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Four hours - uuuggghhhh - our dealer is five minutes away
Yeah, we live out there. The bonus is I can do the 7 mile drive to work downtown in 11 minutes. If the car had something major wrong, the dealer would have it flat bedded to them gratis.

Quick Reply: Problem setting up multiple profiles