RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Problem setting up multiple profiles

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-24, 01:34 PM
2oa
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Absolutely not the case. Key is linked to her profile and it goes to setting 1 upon entering WITH DRIVER DOOR every time regardless of what setting was last driven.
definitely not the case in my car. Key is liked to her profile and the profile saves the last seating every time. No way to program a memory setting to a profile (unless I’m doing it wrong)
Old 03-30-24, 04:57 PM
Mike3rdLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Seat settings

First - I agree with you about profiles. There are so many ways the car determines what profile to use and what seat settings to use …

- each profile can be set to a key … but when does that key get triggered. If my wife walks past the car before me the car picks up her profile even if I open the car door!

- there is face recognition … but my experience is it does not work! I am very tall and my wife is shorter. My face is set with the seat way back and my wife is set with the seat close up. If she gets in and drives after me the face will not recognize her (but it does recognize her key). If I get in the car - after she drives - the seat jams me into the steering wheel and will not recognize me!

- seat selector … and I might be wrong but the 3 positions are all linked to the profile so each profile will have a unique set of settings. So you need to reset the buttons for each profile. I also understand that the seat settings are reloaded into the profile after about driving 2 miles. But .. my car will often loose connectivity with wireless and I have to manually request the profile.

all in all the profile design is not very well thought out.
Old 03-30-24, 05:10 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,567 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by 2oa
definitely not the case in my car. Key is liked to her profile and the profile saves the last seating every time. No way to program a memory setting to a profile (unless I’m doing it wrong)
You probably know better than me since we've only had the car one month and i hardly drive it. But isnt the simple fix just press 1 or 2 when you get in??? My wife has never said she has to do that so I've presumed the fob was linked to the memory setting.
Old 03-30-24, 05:11 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,567 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike3rdLexus
First - I agree with you about profiles. There are so many ways the car determines what profile to use and what seat settings to use …

- each profile can be set to a key … but when does that key get triggered. If my wife walks past the car before me the car picks up her profile even if I open the car door!

- there is face recognition … but my experience is it does not work! I am very tall and my wife is shorter. My face is set with the seat way back and my wife is set with the seat close up. If she gets in and drives after me the face will not recognize her (but it does recognize her key). If I get in the car - after she drives - the seat jams me into the steering wheel and will not recognize me!

- seat selector … and I might be wrong but the 3 positions are all linked to the profile so each profile will have a unique set of settings. So you need to reset the buttons for each profile. I also understand that the seat settings are reloaded into the profile after about driving 2 miles. But .. my car will often loose connectivity with wireless and I have to manually request the profile.

all in all the profile design is not very well thought out.
Wow that's way more complex than I ever thought.
Old 04-01-24, 07:22 PM
Grahaminat
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I ended up at this page because every time I'd get in my new vehicle the seat and steering wheel weren't sliding backwards or forwards. Turns out, it was a calibration issue. I found this woman on Youtube who gives clear directions on how to recalibrate your Lexus seats. If you hear beeps while sliding your seat, it needs to be recalibrated. Here's a link;
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (04-03-24)
Old 04-27-24, 11:41 AM
grhughes
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Can a secondary profile driver have a digital key

Guys,
Just picked up my new Lexus RX 350 and it only came with one key (chip shortage second key coming later). My wife is setup as the primary profile as she is the primary driver of this vehicle. I setup my profile as secondary. Can a secondary driver have a digital key and if so why does it now show on the Lexus app?

Thanks from a Lexus app beginner.
Old 05-06-24, 05:43 PM
Yobuda
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seat Memory to Profile

So, I had my car in today for the 15K service and I asked how I could have my profile linked to seat memory position 1.
I thought this would be normal and was a missed step on my initial profile setup.

They told me that this wasn't possible...
Basically, I was told that when the car is driven over 15mph, whatever seat configuration it is in when the car is shut off becomes the primary position when started again - regardless of which profile starts the car.
Does that sound right?
Old 05-20-24, 02:47 PM
Rincon
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The software is bonkers!

I love a lot about my 2023 RX 350h but the software interface was designed by engineers not software interface people. The menus are straight out of a Windows 95 subset of bad ideas.But by far the worst issue is the key fob user profile fiasco. We could not get the two key fobs to work as they should. We took it to Lexus and they had it for THREE DAYS before they could figure out how to get the key fobs to match up with profiles and open the doors and adjust the seats, depending on who was driving.
But even after all that we have issues constantly with the profiles. The car will load the wrong profile. To change that profile, you have to go into a menu, enter a six digit pin code, wait, then it ask you if you want to adjust the seats and you say yes and wait, and after about 30 seconds the new profile that should’ve been loaded originally is finally loaded.
My 2007 ES 350 recognizes the key fobs and loads the correct settings every single time. I don’t know what they did or what they were thinking, but they made a mess out of the whole interface with profiles and key fobs. Please Lexus, fix this!
Old 05-20-24, 05:34 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 659 Likes on 447 Posts

The only thing the new interface did better was the gorgeous touchscreen and no touch pad. Everything else about the system is a decent step backwards. It really is junk but it takes a few months to notice how backwards they went. OTAs have been useless features wise. Not a good look for this first time Lexus owner.
The following 2 users liked this post by Urlik:
grhughes (05-20-24), kry226 (05-20-24)
Old 08-27-24, 06:58 PM
kwhoughton
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell phone connection

I have a new 2024 RX. My phone and my wife's phone are both attached. Mine is the registered phone. Whenever I start the car, I connects to her phone. Even when I'm in the car and she is in the house. If she is not home or I am at the store alone, it connects to my phone. So, her phone is the "default" if it is anywhere in range. Same problem on my last rx, so I deleted my phone and re installed it so it first on list. That fix doesn't work on this one. Any suggestions how to make my phone the default when both are in range