RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

macadamia color holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-23, 10:27 AM
Abarts
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default macadamia color holding up?

Anyone with Macadamia (Luxury version with the velour type material) having issues with showing dirt and color transfer. Trying to decide on peppercorn or Macadamia. Advice?
The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (04-28-23)
Old 04-28-23, 10:35 AM
winpakbob
Driver

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

Mine is showing blue jeans (not new jeans) color transfer on the faux suede. The car is about three weeks old and we just completed a 1,100 mile road trip. This is a microfiber material. It is not super noticeable yet so I haven't made any attempt to clean. That said, I love this interior look!

Someone was kind enough to post this link for me from the manufacturer. Cleaning instructions... https://www.ultrasuede.us/support/care.html

2023 RX350h Luxury
Eminent White Pearl - Macadamia/Birch

Last edited by winpakbob; 04-28-23 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Added cleaning link
The following 2 users liked this post by winpakbob:
FMY421 (04-28-23), LexNYC83 (05-13-23)
Old 04-28-23, 10:42 AM
Abarts
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by winpakbob
Mine is showing blue jeans (not new jeans) color transfer on the faux suede. The car is about three weeks old and we just completed a 1,100 mile road trip. This is a microfiber material. It is not super noticeable yet so I haven't made any attempt to clean. That said, I love this interior look!

2023 RX350h Luxury
Eminent White Pearl - Macadamia/Birch
Macadamia is our first color choice because we like the lighter wood and contrast in the dash and console area. That said I am a little particular when it comes to keeping things looking like new. We have a 2014 ES350 with a leather Parchment interior and it has held up well. A little blue jean transfer that always cleaned right up with leather cleaner. I am just concerned how well the ultrasuede will clean up.
FMY421 (04-28-23)
Old 04-28-23, 10:58 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

I have had many Lexus with light colored leather and watched the color of my jeans transfer to several of them. I have gone black after that and love it. The lighter colors and wood trim look great but not for me.
FMY421 (04-28-23)
Old 04-28-23, 12:48 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

I have had the parchment (light tan ) interiors in our last four Lexus's and waiting on a 2023 macadamia. Wear jeans all winter. Seats always look clean. About once a month I hit them with leather cleaner which takes three minutes. I do this not because they are dirty but to perserve the material. Dirt is its worst enemy.
Old 04-28-23, 01:02 PM
winpakbob
Driver

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I have had many Lexus with light colored leather and watched the color of my jeans transfer to several of them. I have gone black after that and love it. The lighter colors and wood trim look great but not for me.
I agree completely. I just would keep on top of my previous leather seats and they would always clean up nicely. This "ultrasuede" material is a different animal. Not leather, not vinyl but microfiber. So the fact it is synthetic may be a plus for cleaning but it does attract the bluing much quicker than the smooth leather. I have sent a note to the manufacture to see what they recommend. On their website they are saying a well rung out cloth with water only. Mine is not too bad (blue) yet so I am reluctant to do this yet lol.
ggebhardt (04-28-23)
Old 04-28-23, 03:01 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by winpakbob
I agree completely. I just would keep on top of my previous leather seats and they would always clean up nicely. This "ultrasuede" material is a different animal. Not leather, not vinyl but microfiber. So the fact it is synthetic may be a plus for cleaning but it does attract the bluing much quicker than the smooth leather. I have sent a note to the manufacture to see what they recommend. On their website they are saying a well rung out cloth with water only. Mine is not too bad (blue) yet so I am reluctant to do this yet lol.
‘Just a warm wet towel is all I could ever get Lexus to tell me. I learned, with time, to just relax and enjoy the ride.

May you too!
Old 04-28-23, 03:30 PM
krafty81
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

I used a leather protector specifically designed for that. No issues so far.
Old 04-28-23, 03:54 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 585 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by krafty81
I used a leather protector specifically designed for that. No issues so far.
Even on the ultrasuede microfiber inserts?
Old 04-28-23, 11:24 PM
Psbhappy
10th Gear

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my luxury trim vehicle with Peppercorn a week ago. Although there is no real contrast with the black open pore wood, the dark brown color is really beautiful. I love the look of the lighter seats, but was too concerned about color transfer and keeping them clean as they age.

I didn't want black and I didn't want grey interior with a grey exterior. Very happy. As for the ultrasuede, I bought two products from Dr Beasley, Microsuede Cleanser and Microsuede Protection that seems to be just what I was looking for. A little pricey, but reviews were good and I saw some videos recommending it for alcantara/ultrasuede. I haven't used it yet.
The following 4 users liked this post by Psbhappy:
ggebhardt (04-29-23), lcs358 (12-24-23), LexNYC83 (05-13-23), winpakbob (04-29-23)
Old 04-29-23, 04:51 PM
mmano
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I purchased my Caviar RX 350h Luxury package in March with the Macadamia interior. I wanted the peppercorn interior but the dealer did not have any. When I saw how nice the contrasting color with the Caviar, I decided to get it. I too was concerned about stains so I opted for the Luxcare treatment for the exterior paint and interior protection. There is a warranty that covers the leather for 7 years. I know people will say that this was a waste of money but the insurance gives me peace of mind. So far I have not detected any staining. I wear blue jeans all the time. The Luxcare also comes with a kit. It has cleaning and protectant sprays in it. I wash and clean my RX once a week. This too will hopefully help protect it.
LexNYC83 (05-13-23)
Old 12-09-23, 08:04 AM
Abrightstar
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus protection kit

What is in the kit and what brand is it?
Old 12-09-23, 06:27 PM
2023RX350PP
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Abarts
Anyone with Macadamia (Luxury version with the velour type material) having issues with showing dirt and color transfer. Trying to decide on peppercorn or Macadamia. Advice?
I have the macadamia interior and no issues so far. 7 months.
Old 12-09-23, 08:53 PM
mmano
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 8 months with macadamia seats

I was also worried about the light color showing stains so I purchased the luxcare protection/insurance. 8 months in and I have not noticed any strains even with jeans. I am pretty careful and I do wipe the seats down with the leather spray that comes with the lexcare kit weekly. The seats are insured for 7 years. The service department said a customer had a pen explode on the seat and they replaced the leather since they couldn't clean it completely.
Old 12-10-23, 03:29 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Be aware that way back when I choose lighter colored interiors on my Lexus, I never had any color transfer problems until I use a leather cleaner/preservative. I believe some of these products can actually cause the dye from your jeans to be transferred to the leather.