RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Roof cross bars with panoramic roof.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-23, 06:57 AM
ParkCityLexus
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pierre2023
My dealer states that roof cross bars cannot be used with a panoramic roof. Is this correct, or has anyone used cross bars on a panoramic roof without issues?
Roof rack (crossbars) on panoramic roof SOLVED! Remove the fuse for the pano roof.

I've struggled with this issue because I live in a ski town and frequently use roof-mounted ski racks during winter. I investigated the Seasucker ski rack, which just isn't suitable for me for several reasons. I previously owned an Audi Q5, and this was never an issue. I will never open the pano roof during ski season, but why risk accidentally causing major damage to the roof glass? The simple and perfect solution for me is to temporarily kill the sunroof during ski season. In the Spring, I'll remove the crossbars and insert the fuse.

If this solution works for you, here are the steps:
  1. Locate the fuse panel. The fuse is located in the driver's side foot well above the brake pedal. Here's a YouTube video (NOTE: the actual panel may different for your car):
  2. The panel diagram is faint and hard for these old eyes to read, so I've provided a photo highlighting the proper fuse. On my 2023 RX350h, it is the second 20 amp fuse just below the empty fuse cradles.
The following 3 users liked this post by ParkCityLexus:
jsch222 (01-01-24), seattleike (09-05-23), winpakbob (08-11-23)
Old 08-11-23, 01:43 PM
Kottom
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, there are no other solutions? No aftermarket bars that can be installed?

Did somebody try this
https://www.thule.com/en-us/roof-rac...evo-_-am711xxx

Last edited by Kottom; 08-13-23 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-04-23, 11:35 AM
seattleike
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ParkCityLexus
Roof rack (crossbars) on panoramic roof SOLVED! Remove the fuse for the pano roof.

I've struggled with this issue because I live in a ski town and frequently use roof-mounted ski racks during winter. I investigated the Seasucker ski rack, which just isn't suitable for me for several reasons. I previously owned an Audi Q5, and this was never an issue. I will never open the pano roof during ski season, but why risk accidentally causing major damage to the roof glass? The simple and perfect solution for me is to temporarily kill the sunroof during ski season. In the Spring, I'll remove the crossbars and insert the fuse.

If this solution works for you, here are the steps:
  1. Locate the fuse panel. The fuse is located in the driver's side foot well above the brake pedal. Here's a YouTube video (NOTE: the actual panel may different for your car): https://youtu.be/FOa7VerQ5tk
  2. The panel diagram is faint and hard for these old eyes to read, so I've provided a photo highlighting the proper fuse. On my 2023 RX350h, it is the second 20 amp fuse just below the empty fuse cradles.
does that fuse kill anything else. Your solution seems the easiest. I doubt I’ll be opening the roof in the winter. We’re the oem bars a pain to install?
Old 01-01-24, 06:28 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Did anyone confirm it only kills the sunroof?