RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Premium fuel required on the RX350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-24, 05:33 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 122 Posts

So based on all of the information presented, Arco Premium (its a top-tier) is no worse than Shell Premium then ? Just as is Costco Premium ?

Aside from the "feel-good" factor that comes from getting Shell & Chevron - but, which can only be "felt" and not known ?
Old 07-07-24, 08:34 PM
1RUN
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium because turbo engine

Originally Posted by jahnjva
Don't take a chance, If you have the turbo model use premium. It's not worth harming the engine to save a few bucks. Only the 350h can you use regular.
Since it is turbo engine ( with 4 cylinders unlike the older 6 cylinders models), use premium
Old 07-11-24, 10:11 AM
WellsB
Advanced

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkle
So based on all of the information presented, Arco Premium (its a top-tier) is no worse than Shell Premium then ? Just as is Costco Premium ?

Aside from the "feel-good" factor that comes from getting Shell & Chevron - but, which can only be "felt" and not known ?
There are different benefits to be had from the different additives. To take advantage of them, one can rotate through the different brands, in your case, Shell, Chevron, and Arco.

I primarily use Costco, with the occasional tank of Shell and Chevron.
The following users liked this post:
wrinkle (07-11-24)
Old 07-12-24, 09:06 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Many of my sports-car-owning friends SWEAR by Shell premium.

Never saw a benefit to it, myself. But I DO use TopTier fuel.
Shell has recently formulated a top tier fuel to be better than what most locally used. Chevron 94 was the fuel of choice for tuners for the longest time and are now using Shell Nitro 93 octane. My tuned vehicles were only on Chevron as well.

This is a local tuner that tried to bust the myth of different brands and find some interesting things. I personally have noticed a difference with using Shell in both of my vehicles. I noticed a difference in power (slight) and a bigger difference in my MPG.

I no longer use Chevron 94 unless I have to.

Old 07-13-24, 12:52 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Measured
Shell has recently formulated a top tier fuel to be better than what most locally used. Chevron 94 was the fuel of choice for tuners for the longest time and are now using Shell Nitro 93 octane. My tuned vehicles were only on Chevron as well.

This is a local tuner that tried to bust the myth of different brands and find some interesting things. I personally have noticed a difference with using Shell in both of my vehicles. I noticed a difference in power (slight) and a bigger difference in my MPG.

I no longer use Chevron 94 unless I have to.

Vancity Audi - Has compared this a few times with DATA
This is a good, methodical assessment of the performance impact of the spectrum. Unfortunately, its a lot harder and therefore nearly impossible to figure the efficacy (if any) of the "additives", and resultant impact if any, on reliability.
The following users liked this post:
Urlik (07-13-24)
Old 07-16-24, 07:26 AM
AznD85
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Always use premium. Also if it's RX350H it's recommended to use premium. You don't need to fill up all the time since it's hybrid so win-win!