RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Is it actually possible to ORDER a new RX the way you want it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-23 | 07:19 AM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

RX 350h. I think it is the combo of hybrid, pearl white, and macadamia interior that is partly behind the dekay.
The following users liked this post:
lexusnyca (06-15-23)
Old 06-15-23 | 03:14 PM
Wait4Vtec
Pit Crew

It doesn't make sense to me because some of their allocations are weird. Apparently all the F sports my dealer received had the smaller screen. Kind of strange since I would assume the F sport variant would attract a slightly younger client who would probably prefer the larger screen.
Old 06-17-23 | 02:39 PM
Thanos
Rookie

Default No

It’s already said. Sadly NO. I had to get one already built to get what I wanted. It’s completely loaded with everything but 2 items. And near $3000-4000 more with options I did not want but I am still very happy with it because it has what I wanted originally.
Urlik (06-17-23)
Old 06-20-23 | 09:19 AM
vincentdjh
Driver School Candidate

I was semi-picky on my order. I def wanted Hybrid, Nori Green, with Black leather in Lux trim. I told dealer I prefer "fully loaded" but the minimum I needed was Mark Lev. sound, panorama roof and Advance park.
They took $1K refundable deposit. Order was placed March 15 and I took delivery June 16, so three month wait. (dealer said White hybrids are like 6mo. wait). It was not a special order per-se, but getting in line for the allocation to that dealership -
there was like NO feedback for 2 months, and then a call to confirm the car coming the next month would work for me - and it was ideal. Would have liked to hear a bit more from the dealer as I was waiting, but in the end it all worked out as they said it would.
ps. paid MSRP. While waiting I found my 'ideal car' in neaby state, but for $3K over MSRP - it was tempting but I waited for my local dealer and happy I did.
Urlik (06-20-23)
Old 06-29-23 | 12:07 PM
itladyee
6th Gear

Wow, I just purchase my first Lexus on Tuesday. I asked about ordering one and when the sales person said you couldn't...I really didn't believe him.
Old 06-29-23 | 01:22 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

The entire auto industry has become totally anti-customer. They have leveraged the pandemic and the "supply chain issues" to create an entire industry that basically dumps on their customers - like the airlines. Some brands are worse - go try and buy a Range Rover or a Porsche. I really hope a recessionary wave sweeps over the auto industry and forces many dealers under, and causes a big push towards direct sales like Tesla.
Bluebutterfly (07-02-23)
Old 06-29-23 | 02:47 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sparkling
For me, I literally put in a special order yesterday. I had to put a larger, non-refundable deposit once the order was accepted, but the car is not from the dealer allocation. It is my specific trim level, color, and options, without any other features I don't (I ordered a Luxury that based on the allocation sheets, doesn't exist at least for the dealer allocations in my area). Back to the OP, I specifically did NOT order that Pano roof but did order the smaller normal one. Now, I was told they no time frame at all for the car, at least 2-6 months but they would let me know once the vehicle went into production and I get a VIN
The dealer was humoring you. Even got you to put more money down. Let us know in 6 months.
Urlik (06-29-23)
Old 06-29-23 | 03:51 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
The entire auto industry has become totally anti-customer. They have leveraged the pandemic and the "supply chain issues" to create an entire industry that basically dumps on their customers - like the airlines. Some brands are worse - go try and buy a Range Rover or a Porsche. I really hope a recessionary wave sweeps over the auto industry and forces many dealers under, and causes a big push towards direct sales like Tesla.
For some models that has already come to a screeching end. Even below MSRP is not hard for all RXs but the 350h.
Old 07-01-23 | 01:03 PM
budwom
Advanced

we were incredibly lucky in that we told the dealer what we wanted in February and the next week he told us a car that had almost precisely the same options was being produced the following week. It definitely helped that the options we wanted were very popular in our area, so that's what the dealer tends to receive.
Old 07-02-23 | 02:18 AM
BerthoudPa
Driver

One day one week I got almost what I wanted.

It was over 6 mo. for exactly what I wanted.
Old 07-02-23 | 02:57 PM
HeyThere
Driver

I got everything I wanted minus park assist.

" You're high energy and have ADD, right? "
" Yup "
" You'll use park assist a couple of times and scream at it because it's slow, then never use it again."
Works for me.
Old 07-02-23 | 03:20 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by HeyThere
I got everything I wanted minus park assist.

" You're high energy and have ADD, right? "
" Yup "
" You'll use park assist a couple of times and scream at it because it's slow, then never use it again."
Works for me.
I only got park assist because it included the 360 camera on my Mercedes. 2 years, I have never used it. Have it on my wife’s Audi. Will probably never use them.
Old 07-03-23 | 11:54 AM
Kottom
Rookie

If I'm buying luxury car I should be able to get exact options what I want. It is irrelevant how many times I will use this feature. If this is an option in the car, and customer wants it, it must be provided. Luxury car is not only leather, it advanced features what I can't get on mainstream cars, it includes buying process. If manufactured advertised options and customer can't get them it just company doesn't respect it customers.
Old 07-03-23 | 01:16 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Kottom
If I'm buying luxury car I should be able to get exact options what I want. It is irrelevant how many times I will use this feature. If this is an option in the car, and customer wants it, it must be provided. Luxury car is not only leather, it advanced features what I can't get on mainstream cars, it includes buying process. If manufactured advertised options and customer can't get them it just company doesn't respect it customers.
And yet Lexus always rates high in customer satisfaction. Personally, I think Lexus owners appear to be a little cultish. “I don’t care what it cost, I want it.”
Old 07-03-23 | 03:02 PM
Kottom
Rookie

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
And yet Lexus always rates high in customer satisfaction. Personally, I think Lexus owners appear to be a little cultish. “I don’t care what it cost, I want it.”
But this is my point. I will pay for feature, why I cant get all feature what I want? If I want advanced park, it is not salesperson business how often I will use it, his job is to find me car

Quick Reply: Is it actually possible to ORDER a new RX the way you want it?