RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Is it actually possible to ORDER a new RX the way you want it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-23, 03:16 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 406 Likes on 271 Posts

I didn't answer my sales satisfaction survey, and won't. Not that the dealer was bad mind you. But what am I really going to say. A $67.5K car sold at MSRP and they didn't even throw in the cargo net. And there was never a satisfaction call made after the pickup to ask if everything was going OK. Could I possibly be "happy" with that experience? Of course not. I wonder who answers these surveys, I bet the return rate is 10% and as noted above, only the hard core Lexus aficionados return the surveys. I always answer the surveys regarding service visits, and any survey about the vehicle itself. But in today's car buying market of MSRP and markups and inventory issues and long waits, the sales surveys are really jokes. The automakers really need to give up on dealership sales, and just sell direct, like Tesla. Fight the court challenges to the state franchise laws.
The following users liked this post:
DKNYRX350 (07-09-23)
Old 07-03-23, 04:05 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 299 Likes on 210 Posts

Lexus better hope that *I* do not get one of those surveys! My experience has been abysmal. $65000 and I can barely get a call-back from the dealer.
lexusnyca (07-04-23)
Old 07-03-23, 08:03 PM
HeyThere
Driver

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Kottom
If I'm buying luxury car I should be able to get exact options what I want. It is irrelevant how many times I will use this feature. If this is an option in the car, and customer wants it, it must be provided. Luxury car is not only leather, it advanced features what I can't get on mainstream cars, it includes buying process. If manufactured advertised options and customer can't get them it just company doesn't respect it customers.
Go buy something else that's in less demand. With certain Lexus products, there's a long waiting list. Your comments reek of entitlement and a lack of understanding of the market.Silly as well

Good luck
ggebhardt (07-05-23)
Old 07-04-23, 09:28 AM
budwom
Advanced

Received 228 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagleboy99
Lexus better hope that *I* do not get one of those surveys! My experience has been abysmal. $65000 and I can barely get a call-back from the dealer.
I'm still stuck on the fact that I paid full price (willingly) but don't have a second key nearly four months later, yet they continue to ship new cars. Glad we had predetermined this would be our last car (hopefully). Can't wait to hear from them asking me to make an appointment for service.
Old 07-04-23, 07:47 PM
Kottom
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyThere
Go buy something else that's in less demand. With certain Lexus products, there's a long waiting list. Your comments reek of entitlement and a lack of understanding of the market.Silly as well

Good luck
I'm not desperately need car. I can wait or buy another car. BTW, I did test drive today. Both Hybrid and regular. I wasn't impressed. I told saleperson what I want and he begin telling me that it will be 5 months wait, and was trying to sell me what they have on the lot. Hate such things. I'm ok to wait 5 months , if I decide to go with Lexus, but I'll get exact what I want. Or it will be another car
Old 07-05-23, 04:52 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 661 Likes on 448 Posts

Hate such things.
No need to hate someone just doing their job. Just say I'm OK to wait 5 months but thanks anyway.
ggebhardt (07-05-23)
Old 07-05-23, 06:00 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 517 Likes on 386 Posts

I'm not desperately need car. I can wait or buy another car. BTW, I did test drive today. Both Hybrid and regular. I wasn't impressed. I told saleperson what I want and he begin telling me that it will be 5 months wait, and was trying to sell me what they have on the lot. Hate such things. I'm ok to wait 5 months , if I decide to go with Lexus, but I'll get exact what I want. Or it will be another car
‘Depending on your exact list of wants, you may never see it, not even in 5 months.

‘If you were not impressed with either on your test drive, why are you buying a RX?
Old 07-05-23, 01:33 PM
budwom
Advanced

Received 228 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
‘Depending on your exact list of wants, you may never see it, not even in 5 months.

‘If you were not impressed with either on your test drive, why are you buying a RX?
yep, you may get close to exactly what you want, but if you have a long and precise list, it's unlikely to happen.
Old 07-07-23, 04:44 PM
Kottom
Rookie

Ain't gonna buy. I want MDX but my wife doesn't. Lexus came as alternative . I told her that if I go for Lexus it will be exact features what I want what are impossible to get
Old 07-07-23, 04:52 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 661 Likes on 448 Posts

See ya later.
Old 07-08-23, 04:10 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Ain't gonna buy. I want MDX but my wife doesn't. Lexus came as alternative . I told her that if I go for Lexus it will be exact features what I want what are impossible to get
I had a 2022 MDX. It was OK but after just a week the drivers seat bottom looked like it was 5 years old. Go to the MDX Forums and read and even see images. I only weigh 160 pounds so . . . . .

Every time I opened the door I had to look at that wrinkled seat!

Sometimes wanting is not near as good as having.

Fit and finish of the RX is way nicer but that is in the eye of the beholder!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 07-09-23 at 10:03 AM.
RadiantX45 (07-20-23)
Old 07-08-23, 12:45 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 427 Likes on 290 Posts

I had a 2022 RX. It was OK but after just a week the drivers seat bottom looked like it was 5 years old. Go to the RX Forums and read and even see images. I only weigh 160 pounds so . . . . .

Every time I opened the door I had to look at that wrinkled seat!

Sometimes wanting is not near as good as having.

Fit and finish of the RX is way nicer but that is in the eye of the beholder!
So you are upset with Lexus quality on your ‘22, so you bought a ‘23? 🧐
Old 07-09-23, 10:03 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by daryll40
So you are upset with Lexus quality on your ‘22, so you bought a ‘23? 🧐
‘Sorry, meant POS RDX!
RadiantX45 (07-20-23)
Old 07-09-23, 10:28 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 427 Likes on 290 Posts

‘Sorry, meant POS RDX!
Makes sense now! 👍🏻🤓
RadiantX45 (07-20-23)
Old 07-17-23, 07:52 AM
DecentCheddar
10th Gear

Default RX 350h Luxury Custom Order

Hi all! I'm planning to buy a RX 350h Luxury trim specifically in the socal area. I contacted all the dealers around me within 3 hours of drive, and one stood out because they said they can help me get the exact car I wanted. I asked them how, and they said they can tell the factory to make a car specially for me, and they have done it couple times. I was curious how they're the only dealer can do so, and they tell me the guy in this dealer knows how to communicate with the factory to make sure my car has the packages I want, and of course take away the packages I do not. While telling them the specific packages I would like, they told me the cold ice package, which I originally do not want, will always come with the vehicle, and they do not have control over this package. I'm fine with it since it's only $100. I told them as long as I can get all the packages and accessories I want, I'm more than happy to pay for the car, and they said they can do it. Since I will go on vacation abroad and won't be in the US until October, they said they can send the order in August, and I can have my hands on the car in October, provided no delays from the factory. They would give me an update late July before I went on my trip. Therefore, I put $1000 deposit down.

I talked with my friends and they all surprised that a Japanese car dealer can make special order for me. Fellow experienced buyers/owners, could you please interpret if this is possibly true, or just a trick played by the dealer getting me into the market? My initial question is that why they would lie if they cannot get the vehicle I wanted as I explicitly said I must have all the things (including color, trim, packages, and accessories) I want on the car or I won't buy? This is my first time buying a new car so any advice/help is appreciated! Thank you.

Quick Reply: Is it actually possible to ORDER a new RX the way you want it?