RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Is it actually possible to ORDER a new RX the way you want it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-23 | 07:06 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I have never been impressed with ML radios in any of the Lexus I have owned. I am spoiled from my home system.
Old 07-23-23 | 11:12 AM
Measured
Advanced

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I have never been impressed with ML radios in any of the Lexus I have owned. I am spoiled from my home system.

I 100% agree! I replaced my ML in my GS with Focal speakers and was presented with an immediate improvement with the sound stage.

in regards to getting an RX the way you want. No issues locally as it will take 4-6 months.
Old 08-08-23 | 12:37 PM
DecentCheddar
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DecentCheddar
Hi all! I'm planning to buy a RX 350h Luxury trim specifically in the socal area. I contacted all the dealers around me within 3 hours of drive, and one stood out because they said they can help me get the exact car I wanted. I asked them how, and they said they can tell the factory to make a car specially for me, and they have done it couple times. I was curious how they're the only dealer can do so, and they tell me the guy in this dealer knows how to communicate with the factory to make sure my car has the packages I want, and of course take away the packages I do not. While telling them the specific packages I would like, they told me the cold ice package, which I originally do not want, will always come with the vehicle, and they do not have control over this package. I'm fine with it since it's only $100. I told them as long as I can get all the packages and accessories I want, I'm more than happy to pay for the car, and they said they can do it. Since I will go on vacation abroad and won't be in the US until October, they said they can send the order in August, and I can have my hands on the car in October, provided no delays from the factory. They would give me an update late July before I went on my trip. Therefore, I put $1000 deposit down.

I talked with my friends and they all surprised that a Japanese car dealer can make special order for me. Fellow experienced buyers/owners, could you please interpret if this is possibly true, or just a trick played by the dealer getting me into the market? My initial question is that why they would lie if they cannot get the vehicle I wanted as I explicitly said I must have all the things (including color, trim, packages, and accessories) I want on the car or I won't buy? This is my first time buying a new car so any advice/help is appreciated! Thank you.
Hi guys, I just received an update from my salesman, and he says the factory will build my car, and I will have my car ready somewhere in October, but it will be a 2024 model since the factory stopped manufacturing 2023 ones. I asked about the price, but he says he doesn't know if the price will be the same, but he's willing to work something out in terms of the final price. He also mentioned he will have the spec sheet ready somewhere between end of August or early September. I'll share the details once I received any updates.

Last edited by DecentCheddar; 08-08-23 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-08-23 | 02:11 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Good luck. Please keep us posted.
Old 08-08-23 | 05:57 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

I was 2024s are not being built until November at the earliest. Your VIN will tell the tale.
Old 08-08-23 | 09:29 PM
gnegnf
4th Gear

Production of 2023 RXs appear to be winding down substantially for the past few weeks based on the allocation sheet. Looks like 2024 RXs will be in production soon.
In addition, you can build ‘24 RX450h+ already at Lexus.ca

Last edited by gnegnf; 08-08-23 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-13-23 | 08:59 AM
guyver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DecentCheddar
Hi guys, I just received an update from my salesman, and he says the factory will build my car, and I will have my car ready somewhere in October, but it will be a 2024 model since the factory stopped manufacturing 2023 ones. I asked about the price, but he says he doesn't know if the price will be the same, but he's willing to work something out in terms of the final price. He also mentioned he will have the spec sheet ready somewhere between end of August or early September. I'll share the details once I received any updates.
San Diego dealer?
Old 08-13-23 | 01:16 PM
YWW
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SilverBell
This is my first visit to this website in probably over a decade, as I have been a Mercedes-Benz driver since 2012. I had several Lexus cars prior to then and I am now looking at possibly going for a new RX350.

Even in the most luxurious RX350 models, on their website, when you “Build” a new RX, Lexus shows that their Panoramic glass roof is OPTIONAL. My question is: Can you actually order a top line RX350 without the glass roof, or do they all come in with it automatically, no matter what? Thanks!
As long as there's a shortage of new vehicles, the luxury of ordering exactly what you want belongs to the past. I called 3 different Lexus dealers and all told me no. They can take my name and try to pair what I want to the new incoming RXs.
Old 08-13-23 | 02:06 PM
Den49
Rookie

I am hoping that in the next few months Lexus will begin to realize that they overestimated the demand for the RX350 and RX500h; underestimated the demand for the RX350h; and will adjust production accordingly. At any rate, six to twelve months from now after the early adopters are finished, you will be able to buy the Lexus you want at a discount.
Old 08-14-23 | 06:53 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

We all said that early on - the 350h at 17% of production was an under build.
The following users liked this post:
Klamalama (08-27-23)
Old 08-14-23 | 07:33 AM
alextv
Instructor

The under build could also be attributed to parts availability
The following users liked this post:
Urlik (08-14-23)
Old 08-14-23 | 10:40 AM
Den49
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
We all said that early on - the 350h at 17% of production was an under build.
Yes, but as far as Lexus is concerned what we say really doesn't matter.

The most significant observation for me is the number of unsold RX350's sitting on Lexus lots in my area. One dealer has them advertised with a $2,500.00 discount versus the RX350h which I have seen advertised with a $3,000.00 mark-up. The Turbo-4, premium gas RX350 is a no-go for a lot of folks, including me, who would rather have a regular gas V6. There will likely be deeper discounts on the RX350 in the future if Lexus continues to overproduce it.
Old 08-19-23 | 08:02 PM
DecentCheddar
10th Gear

Originally Posted by guyver
San Diego dealer?
It's the Carlsbad Dealer, just 30 min North from San Diego
Old 08-24-23 | 05:36 PM
Sparkling
Driver School Candidate

I was also told my special order would be 2024 now. I texted back and forth with my dealer over the past couple days and they just updated my special order to the 2024 Packages. A number of the independent options in the Luxury trim are now bundled together (Pano View and Traffic Jam Assist) and (Digital Key and Digital Rear View Mirror). These changes are up on the Lexus website now, as you can build out the 2024 with the new packages.
Old 10-07-23 | 12:13 PM
DecentCheddar
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Sparkling
I was also told my special order would be 2024 now. I texted back and forth with my dealer over the past couple days and they just updated my special order to the 2024 Packages. A number of the independent options in the Luxury trim are now bundled together (Pano View and Traffic Jam Assist) and (Digital Key and Digital Rear View Mirror). These changes are up on the Lexus website now, as you can build out the 2024 with the new packages.
Any updates for yours? I was told that my order has been locked in for a few weeks now but has yet to ship out, which is strange. My salesperson says her manager asked the corporate about the order and I'm currently waiting for an update.

Quick Reply: Is it actually possible to ORDER a new RX the way you want it?