RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Collated listing of additions we'd like to see to Lexus multimedia

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-23, 05:13 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 614 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
You can do this radio setting keeping the radio on after turning off the ignition and will stay on until you open the drivers door. Go to settings then vehicle customization and turn ACC off.
I’ll double check this over the weekend before I add it. I too am used to the cars are drive keeping the radio on until the driver’s door is opened.
Old 07-15-23, 04:40 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by Urlik
I’ll double check this over the weekend before I add it. I too am used to the cars are drive keeping the radio on until the driver’s door is opened.
Confirmed setting ACC to off leaves the radio on until you open the driver’s door. Abruptly shuts off all volume suddenly rather than a quick level reduction that you’d expect a luxury car to do though.
Old 07-15-23, 04:44 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

Another annoyance: when using Max Cool, the seat cooler kicks into max as well. But once you turn up the temperature after you’ve cooled down, the seat cooler has to be manually run through all settings to get back to “Auto”. Max Cool should also have a “return car to how it was set before Max Cool” setting. Max Cool should be on/off, not just on then having to fiddle with multiple controls to get back to your usual settings.

Last edited by daryll40; 07-15-23 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-15-23, 04:51 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by daryll40
Another annoyance: when using Max Cool, the seat cooler kicks into max as well. But once you turn up the temperature after you’ve cooled down, the seat cooler has to be manually run through all settings to get back to “Auto”. Max Cool should also have a “return car to who it was set before Max Cool” setting. Max Cool should be on/off, not just on then having to fiddle with multiple controls to get back to your usual settings.
I was playing with the simple auto setting today and found the system ramped up fan speed and cooled the cabin down quickly and ramped the fan speed down as it got comfortable. Didn’t mess with max cool at all like I had in the past and I was satisfied with how it worked. Car was in the garage though so only a 100 inside it and not 140 it would have been in the sun. I’ll add your suggestion though, makes a LOT of sense.

This new multimedia system is nearly 2 years old now and is still less flexible than their old one. I’m very disappointed in it, it doesn’t ruin the car but I had much higher expectations. You’d think this software was 8 years old with how limited it's capabilities are presently. I’m afraid they’ll never add any capabilities either. It seems all they’ve done so far is bug fixes and take away hybrid radio. No additional features have been added.

Last edited by Urlik; 07-16-23 at 08:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
daryll40 (07-15-23)
Old 07-16-23, 08:20 AM
vincentdjh
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ability to toggle through Radio FAVORiTES

I have several FM and XM favorites saved.

However when driving, with say Nav screen up, and I move to AV on heads-up and hit the > button it takes me to the next station numerically which hold NO interest to me / should toggle through my favorite stations.
Old 07-16-23, 08:23 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by vincentdjh
I have several FM and XM favorites saved.

However when driving, with say Nav screen up, and I move to AV on heads-up and hit the > button it takes me to the next station numerically which hold NO interest to me / should toggle through my favorite stations.
Good one. Added to the list.
Old 07-16-23, 08:51 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 158 Posts

Can others confirm that it doesn't go through the presets in order. When I test drove the car I made sure just pressing the > did change the stations without having to go through any menus but I don't know if those were presets or not. If it doesn't do the presets that would make me rethink the car. I know Lexus wants you to use the voice more but don't take away common sense things we are used to.
Old 07-16-23, 09:14 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by alextv
Can others confirm that it doesn't go through the presets in order. When I test drove the car I made sure just pressing the > did change the stations without having to go through any menus but I don't know if those were presets or not. If it doesn't do the presets that would make me rethink the car. I know Lexus wants you to use the voice more but don't take away common sense things we are used to.
From the manual, looks like it already has the capability:

[<]/[>] switches
This switch can be used if set as a favorite steering switch through customization.
For the customization procedure, refer to the "OWNER’S MANUAL".
• AM/FM
Switches the frequencies or broadcasting stations registered in the preset
switches in order.
Push and hold to switch frequencies. When released, the broadcasting station
closest to that position with the best reception sensitivity is selected automatically.
• SiriusXM Radio
Switches the channels registered in the preset switches in order.
Push and hold to switch channels. When released, the channel closest to that
position with the best reception sensitivity is selected automatically.
Old 07-16-23, 10:29 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks...Thought I had read that earlier also. I tried it with the HUD off when I test drove.
Old 07-16-23, 12:17 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 394 Likes on 268 Posts

My HUD cycles through the presets.
Old 07-16-23, 02:24 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
My HUD cycles through the presets.
Mine does also
Old 07-17-23, 04:23 PM
vincentdjh
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Correction

It does go through the presets. ‘Someone’ had added a lot of favs
The following users liked this post:
Urlik (07-17-23)
Old 07-22-23, 09:45 AM
outermagnolian
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching Car Play between primary and secondary

OMG so many clicks on the screen. If my wife and I enter at the same time but the secondary driver is in charge, it takes WAY too much effort to switch which of us is connected to Apple Car Play.

I'd like (a) a simple one-button switch option, or (b) a question when we enter the car, or (c) a drop-down list to choose from, or (d) a "hey Lexus" command to do this, or (e) CarPlay automatically connecting to the driver identified by key fob / face recognition.

Old 07-23-23, 06:05 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by outermagnolian
OMG so many clicks on the screen. If my wife and I enter at the same time but the secondary driver is in charge, it takes WAY too much effort to switch which of us is connected to Apple Car Play.

I'd like (a) a simple one-button switch option, or (b) a question when we enter the car, or (c) a drop-down list to choose from, or (d) a "hey Lexus" command to do this, or (e) CarPlay automatically connecting to the driver identified by key fob / face recognition.
Getting your second key will fix all that BS. That’s why I didn’t even bother setting up a personal profile yet.
Old 07-29-23, 06:09 PM
Urlik
Instructor

New item added about car warnings.

Quick Reply: Collated listing of additions we'd like to see to Lexus multimedia