RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

New Lexus issue with DCM

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-23, 06:32 AM
John89
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by autotech13
I know what your saying. We've had Lexus cars for well over 30 years, most have been RX's, and none of them has been this bad with the 2016-2022 model year!
I agree with 2016 RX, by far my worst Lexus experience with that transmission and I had passenger side airbag outline that wouldn't go away without replacing the whole dash.
However I must say after that lease I got 2019 F sport and wow what difference it was beyond perfect, and I really had hard time parting ways with it for my 23 RX. I still think I may have made mistake.

Think it all goes back to first year of generation, but I must say yes 23 has it things but are very little compared to what we dealt with in 2016.
Old 11-16-23, 04:59 PM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

OK, so the dealer has had the car two weeks now. Got navigation working last week and was called yesterday and told all was fixed. Drove there for 3rd time (google says it's 88.2 miles one-way) just to find it still wasn't fixed. Something about the old DCM was still assigned to vehicle and so new one can't be activated properly (keep in mind tech notes on invoice says it was activated and system functioning properly). Was told it usually takes at least 24 additional hours for this to get fixed properly. Keep in mind I haven't even driven the car off the lot yet, but they do have $70K+ of my money.

This is on a fully optioned 500h. After the first failure round they said Lexus HQ offered $1k in future use service bucks and dealership tinted the front 2 windows. Is that enough or???

General manager asked me what I wanted to make this right. Not trying to be a jerk, but also don't want to be taken for a pushover. Honestly think future service will be elsewhere.

What seems fair to the forum members?
Old 11-16-23, 05:46 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 279 Likes on 199 Posts

Walk. To another car mfg.
The following users liked this post:
autotech13 (11-17-23)
Old 11-22-23, 08:51 AM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by oneround
OK, so the dealer has had the car two weeks now. Got navigation working last week and was called yesterday and told all was fixed. Drove there for 3rd time (google says it's 88.2 miles one-way) just to find it still wasn't fixed. Something about the old DCM was still assigned to vehicle and so new one can't be activated properly (keep in mind tech notes on invoice says it was activated and system functioning properly). Was told it usually takes at least 24 additional hours for this to get fixed properly. Keep in mind I haven't even driven the car off the lot yet, but they do have $70K+ of my money.
Still not fixed after almost 3 weeks. Spoke with General Manager and he agreed looking like time to move on. Lots of apologies, etc. We will go at it again after the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

EDIT: We opted to not take a white 500h (too many white RXs on the road around here). Finally got the Copper Crest RX 500h home on 28 November. Everything looks and functions correctly. Something about the data comm system required them to go back to the module's vendor in Japan to get the security profile switched. Security issue along the lines of ensuring someone isn't able to clone your phone. I suspect (without evidence) that they didn't properly swap over the data comm module and so the vehicle data security system locked it up.

Last edited by oneround; 12-12-23 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Updated info
Old 04-16-24, 09:43 AM
pcm888usa
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by oneround
Still not fixed after almost 3 weeks. Spoke with General Manager and he agreed looking like time to move on. Lots of apologies, etc. We will go at it again after the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

EDIT: We opted to not take a white 500h (too many white RXs on the road around here). Finally got the Copper Crest RX 500h home on 28 November. Everything looks and functions correctly. Something about the data comm system required them to go back to the module's vendor in Japan to get the security profile switched. Security issue along the lines of ensuring someone isn't able to clone your phone. I suspect (without evidence) that they didn't properly swap over the data comm module and so the vehicle data security system locked it up.
I picked up the new 450h+, drove about 300 miles and the car locked up dead on me twice. 2nd time back to dealer and the car was there 12 days. Last word is the car had a bad DCM and is replaced. Will see if that is the reason. If not fixed, Lexus needs to take it back and swap me another one.
Old 04-17-24, 01:22 PM
RPerez13
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question: Was this vehicle previously owned? It may be as simple as provisioning the Lexus Primary Owner under you as it may still be provisioned under the previous owner. This happened to me and it was a simple call from my Lexus Tech Rep to the Regional Lexus and had the account and subscriptions reassigned under me. It took a few minutes for the call and about a day for it to take effect (Did not have to leave the car there). After that, there were no issues and it has been working fine for me since.

You might be able to get a quicker response if you push the SOS button in the car and talk directly with the regional tech support to resolve. I highly doubt it is the DCM, but I am not a mechanic.
Old 04-17-24, 04:21 PM
pcm888usa
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RPerez13
Question: Was this vehicle previously owned? It may be as simple as provisioning the Lexus Primary Owner under you as it may still be provisioned under the previous owner. This happened to me and it was a simple call from my Lexus Tech Rep to the Regional Lexus and had the account and subscriptions reassigned under me. It took a few minutes for the call and about a day for it to take effect (Did not have to leave the car there). After that, there were no issues and it has been working fine for me since.

You might be able to get a quicker response if you push the SOS button in the car and talk directly with the regional tech support to resolve. I highly doubt it is the DCM, but I am not a mechanic.
i bought it new from the dealer