RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

2024 Price/Lease Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-24, 05:53 PM
joeygold
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

UPDATE - finished negotiating with 2 Atlanta dealers (5 hours away) on RX350 Premium. Dealer 1 price (vehicle MSRP, destination fee, "stealer" doc/service/profit fee) was $57,800. Dealer offered $3.5K off this (6%). $54,300 total cost (before FL sales tax and minor tax and reg fees). Dealer 2 MSRP was $58,900 (vehicle had some add'l options - mudguards, illum door sills, side puddle lamps). Dealer took $4K off his MSRP (6.8%). $54,900 total cost before TTL. Went with Dealer 2 (as I am okay with the illum door sills, puddle lamps, and mudguards). Would have probably done some of these items with aftermarket parts on car 1 anyway if I bought it instead. May have left a couple hundred $ on the table, but no big deal in the big scheme of things, since I am getting the colors and options I want.

But I do have one last question: Is there anything I should do to ensure I get the car that I put the deposit on? I have not received a buyer's order yet (Sales Manager said it should be Monday). And the dealer doesn't have the car in their possession yet (should be received in the next couple of days). Having never bought over internet or out of state, I'm a little wary/skeptical.

Please let me know about any pitfalls. Or just tell me I am paranoid. Thanks!
Old 09-07-24, 06:11 PM
SKGX
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Ask them to send you a copy of the window sticker. This will have all of the information, options etc and most importantly the VIN#

Originally Posted by joeygold
UPDATE - finished negotiating with 2 Atlanta dealers (5 hours away) on RX350 Premium. Dealer 1 price (vehicle MSRP, destination fee, "stealer" doc/service/profit fee) was $57,800. Dealer offered $3.5K off this (6%). $54,300 total cost (before FL sales tax and minor tax and reg fees). Dealer 2 MSRP was $58,900 (vehicle had some add'l options - mudguards, illum door sills, side puddle lamps). Dealer took $4K off his MSRP (6.8%). $54,900 total cost before TTL. Went with Dealer 2 (as I am okay with the illum door sills, puddle lamps, and mudguards). Would have probably done some of these items with aftermarket parts on car 1 anyway if I bought it instead. May have left a couple hundred $ on the table, but no big deal in the big scheme of things, since I am getting the colors and options I want.

But I do have one last question: Is there anything I should do to ensure I get the car that I put the deposit on? I have not received a buyer's order yet (Sales Manager said it should be Monday). And the dealer doesn't have the car in their possession yet (should be received in the next couple of days). Having never bought over internet or out of state, I'm a little wary/skeptical.

Please let me know about any pitfalls. Or just tell me I am paranoid. Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
CCGS (09-08-24)
Old 09-20-24, 11:50 AM
frankiea
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a white on black RX450h+ today! For those who want some comps - I reached out to every dealer in socal and the highest offer i got over email/text was $3500 off MSRP. I ended up picking one dealership and haggling a bit more to $3750 off MSRP, and went with the lease (with plan to buy out as soon as I can) to get the $7500 rebate as well. As a result, around $11k off MSRP minus a month of lease fees. Super happy to join the Lexus fam and absolutely love the car. Appreciate y'all posting comps in this thread - it really helped me get a grasp on what to ask for.

Feel free to DM me if anyone wants more details on which dealerships had the best offers.
Old 09-20-24, 12:40 PM
Violin1990
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frankiea
I just picked up a white on black RX450h+ today! For those who want some comps - I reached out to every dealer in socal and the highest offer i got over email/text was $3500 off MSRP. I ended up picking one dealership and haggling a bit more to $3750 off MSRP, and went with the lease (with plan to buy out as soon as I can) to get the $7500 rebate as well. As a result, around $11k off MSRP minus a month of lease fees. Super happy to join the Lexus fam and absolutely love the car. Appreciate y'all posting comps in this thread - it really helped me get a grasp on what to ask for.

Feel free to DM me if anyone wants more details on which dealerships had the best offers.
Congrats on your new RX450h+!

I think your DM's are turned off. Would you mind sharing which dealers gave you the best offers? Thanks!
Old 09-20-24, 01:15 PM
frankiea
2nd gear

Originally Posted by Violin1990
Congrats on your new RX450h+!

I think your DM's are turned off. Would you mind sharing which dealers gave you the best offers? Thanks!
Hmm weird, I'm not sure how to enable DMs. Either way, I'll post here but in an effort to not get anyone in trouble I will say that the best quotes I got were from Lexus of Riverside, Lexus of Westminster and South County Lexus of Mission Viejo. All 3 were great to deal with and were super transparent and friendly.
Old 09-20-24, 03:32 PM
vichmr
1st Gear

Hello everyone! I'm a long-time Toyota owner (7 Toyo's since 1978) - long-time Lexus wannabe owner. Currently looking to buy my wife a 2024 (or more likely a 2025) RX350 non-hybrid Luxury. Test drove a Premium+ today that had the 21" wheels and was amazed at the ride. My wife currently has a 2013 RAV4 and, while it's been a great car and just hit 200k miles, the Lexus is obviously in a whole different class. Loved the ride/handling/features and the 4cyl turbo was pretty impressive though I wasn't expecting Audi/BMW/Porsche performance and it wasn't.

In doing a search of dealer inventory in GA, SC, NC, FL, AL & TN, I'm not seeing a lot of hits on my configuration. My dealer told me they will continue to get 2024 models in multiple times/week for the next 60 days or so. Does that sound realistic? I assumed that I'd be approaching that time of year when they'd be incentivized to move the '24s to make room for the '25s. I guess I'll have to see.
Old 09-21-24, 10:28 AM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

[QUOTE=vichmr;11791779]Hello everyone! I'm a long-time Toyota owner (7 Toyo's since 1978) - long-time Lexus wannabe owner. Currently looking to buy my wife a 2024 (or more likely a 2025) RX350 non-hybrid Luxury. Test drove a Premium+ today that had the 21" wheels and was amazed at the ride. My wife currently has a 2013 RAV4 and, while it's been a great car and just hit 200k miles, the Lexus is obviously in a whole different class. Loved the ride/handling/features and the 4cyl turbo was pretty impressive though I wasn't expecting Audi/BMW/Porsche performance and it wasn't.

In doing a search of dealer inventory in GA, SC, NC, FL, AL & TN, I'm not seeing a lot of hits on my configuration. My dealer told me they will continue to get 2024 models in multiple times/week for the next 60 days or so. Does that sound realistic? I assumed that I'd be approaching that time of year when they'd be incentivized to move the '24s to make room for the '25s. I guess
Not sure of what the changes will be for 2025 but may be the way go as corrections to known issues typically get sorted out each year into a new generation. Good luck in your search.

Last edited by CCGS; 09-21-24 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-21-24, 10:33 AM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by frankiea

Congrats on your new ride and the deal you negotiated. I went out of my area and got a much better deal than my local dealer. Cheers.