RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

2024 Price/Lease Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-24, 04:36 PM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for you insight, I am thinking a couple of years from now I want to get into a PHEV and I have been considering the NX primarily due to price point. In Canada at least the RX450h+ only comes in the top trim at $90,200 CAD plus Tax. The NX 450h+ would be more within my budget. Cheers
The following users liked this post:
JSAM (01-22-24)
Old 01-21-24, 05:52 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

My parents just purchased a 2024 RX450h and paid MSRP with no unnecessary add ons here in Canada. They went to the same dealer where I purchased my 350h last year. No pressure sales at my dealer.
JSAM (01-22-24)
Old 01-21-24, 06:04 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 296 Likes on 230 Posts

I currently have a RX but the older model year that drives great and I had the newer model RX350h for a loaner and it's very awesome with more space than the NX and smoother. The NX is definately smaller in the interior and exterior but as a commuter vehicle it works for us. We are waiting for our NX350h to arrive at Lexus of Pleasanton (sells at MSRP no markups). They don't do the crazy markup like Putnam Lexus on their vehicles. Putnam Lexus use to offer better pricing but I heard they changed their focus.
JSAM (01-22-24)
Old 01-21-24, 09:20 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JSAM
Moral of the story: I should have taken more time to test drive both vehicles with equivalent trims, as I may have purchased the NX450H+ given the slightly zippier drive experience. Test driving was tough last year as these things were being picked up by customers before they even arrived at the dealership, but anyone looking this year should have an easier time doing the RX 450H+ vs NX 450H+ comparison.

Nevertheless, love my RX and just have to put it into Sport mode when I feel like having some fun.
I was in a similar dilemma, and ended up with the RX eventually because its significantly quieter and with less vibration with the ICE is on. For my 35 mile daily Bay Area commute, this made a big long-term difference, aside from the fact that the ADAS in the RX doesn't require you to hold the steering wheel when in automated driving mode - but the NX does, because the RX tracks the eye, while the NX's sensors are in the steering wheel alone. These factors together made strong long term difference in my perception, in terms of fatigue during commuting and perhaps also on long drives. And finally, adults in my family sometimes ride in the backseat - and there is a substantial difference in the rear-seat for adults. Putting the RX in Sport mode does it for me in not missing the NX

Putnam Lexus, where I initially went to test-drive an RX had me go with a salesman who was talking so much that he wasn't letting me concentrate on the car. It was extremely annoying - I didn't go there to socialize! I also test-drove the NX after that, and the dude felt I was better suited for the NX and started to push selling the NX - instead of letting me decide.

Last edited by wrinkle; 02-26-24 at 10:15 PM. Reason: grammar correction
The following 2 users liked this post by wrinkle:
CCGS (01-22-24), JSAM (01-22-24)
Old 01-22-24, 06:58 AM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Ed, how long did they wait for the 450h+?
Old 01-22-24, 09:02 AM
JSAM
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the additional color, very helpful. I didn't feel any incremental noticeable engine vibes fr the loaner nx 350h and the cabin noise seemed similar to my rx, but maybe it was cause I was so focused on the acceleration/torque.

​​Will be sure to visit Fremont and Pleasanton (mentioned by another member) dealerships for my next purchase!

Originally Posted by wrinkle
I was in a similar dilemma, and ended up with the RX eventually because its significantly quieter and with less vibration with the ICE is on. For my 35 mile daily Bay Area commute, this made a big long-term difference, aside from the fact that the ADAS in the RX doesn't require you to hold the steering wheel when in automated driving mode - but the NX does, because the RX tracks the eye, while the NX's sensors are in the steering wheel alone. These factors together made strong long term difference in my perception, in terms of fatigue during commuting and perhaps also on long drives. And finally, adults in my family sometimes ride in the backseat - and there is a substantial difference in the rear-seat for adults. Putting the RX in Sport mode does it for me in not missing the NX

Putnam Lexus, where I initially went to test-drive an RX had me go with a salesman who was talking so much that he wasn't letting me concentrate on the car. It was extremely annoying - I didn't go there to socialize! I also test-drove the NX after that, and the dude felt I was better suited for the NX and started to push selling the NX - instead of letting me decide. Nonetheless, I bought my RX from Fremont Lexus the next day (which also had the interior color I was looking for in an RX). There were no markups at either place on the RXs at least - although Fremont tried selling me N2 in tires, etc - but I went only for the Cilajet ceramic coating (which I could've also refused, but I just didn't have time/patience to go to another shop for a coating).
wrinkle (01-22-24)
Old 01-22-24, 09:03 AM
JSAM
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you! Will visit Pleasanton for my next vehicle purchase

Originally Posted by websurfer
I currently have a RX but the older model year that drives great and I had the newer model RX350h for a loaner and it's very awesome with more space than the NX and smoother. The NX is definately smaller in the interior and exterior but as a commuter vehicle it works for us. We are waiting for our NX350h to arrive at Lexus of Pleasanton (sells at MSRP no markups). They don't do the crazy markup like Putnam Lexus on their vehicles. Putnam Lexus use to offer better pricing but I heard they changed their focus.
Old 01-22-24, 11:07 AM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JSAM
Thanks for the additional color, very helpful. I didn't feel any incremental noticeable engine vibes fr the loaner nx 350h and the cabin noise seemed similar to my rx, but maybe it was cause I was so focused on the acceleration/torque.

​​Will be sure to visit Fremont and Pleasanton (mentioned by another member) dealerships for my next purchase!
Yes, I definitely feel that the extra ~10 K is justified for an RX - Lexus did a better job with refinement to justify the delta. Also, another person Stefanos noted the worse cabin noise (since he owns both a 2024 NX and an RX 450h+ in the family), but a little peppier drive for the NX in the "450h+ handling" thread. His and WellsB's review were quite helpful in making up my mind, as did the points I'd noted with the ADAS.
JSAM (01-23-24)
Old 01-22-24, 11:20 AM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by CCGS
Ed, how long did they wait for the 450h+?
They waited under 2 months. The initial color combo they wanted was Grey/Peppercorn. The dealer called end of December and they said they have a Grey with Macadamia interior. Salesperson said somebody cancelled their order and asked if my parents wanted the Macadamia interior instead of the Peppercorn.

Before they went to the same dealer when I got my car from, they went to a different dealer around town and the salesperson said about a year wait for a 450h+.
Old 01-22-24, 12:15 PM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Good for them, they sure lucked out, its about a four year wait on the Island. My sales guy told me that because of my current RX I would be on the call list if a deal fell through. However given the price point it is doubtful I can afford one any time soon. Cheers
Edison_Chen (01-22-24)
Old 01-26-24, 07:10 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Anyone recently purchase a RX350 luxury or F sport in the Houston area? What discounts if any did y’all get and which dealership did you buy from? What should I expect to get off?
Old 01-30-24, 02:54 PM
doodlesarelove
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same question as above, but anyone has any data points for the DMV area for Rx350/Rx350h Luxury? Maybe 1-2 datapoints suggest that regular rx350's can be got below msrp, while rx350h at msrp only. In which case I wonder if the miles to drive to break even on the Hybrid would be like 50-60k miles?
Old 01-30-24, 08:32 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 296 Likes on 230 Posts

In our area, I see many RX350 available (if close to 90 days or over), I'm sure the dealer want to give that discount to sell them to avoid paying floorplan. The Rx350h is at MSRP and not many are in stock in our area.

Here's an EPA tool on comparing if hybrid vs non-hybrid. Not sure it will help with the numbers.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbsSelect
Old 01-31-24, 03:50 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

My area also has over 100 non hybrid RX's either in stock or in transit. The hybrids they have are mostly either the premium/premium+ or the 500h. The 500's are being discounted per their website
Old 01-31-24, 06:41 AM
John89
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

If you go with ICE model you will do good, as now the inventory even higher. To give you an idea even during the time of March 2023 when everything was sold I was able to get inbound F sport ICE for over 5K off MSRP for my lease. At that time was targeting 500H that they would only do MSRP, but do to issues with it at that time and the attractive price they gave me on ICE I went with it. I got say if you can now get 500H reduced I go with that as now those issues have to be fixed, but on the other hand if your someone that don't care about Hybrid sure now you can get ICE even cheaper. It was easy for me because, I was targeting the adaptive suspension, six piston LC brakes and interior of F sport. I thought the 4 would be weak but honestly it moves with low end torque.

March 2023
63K MSRP F Sport 350
12 K a year miles
Total due at signing $3,900
810 a month x 39 months.

Lease paper work shows it at sold at 58K,
Still 200 over my prior f sport lease.

Quick Reply: 2024 Price/Lease Thread