RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

2024 Price/Lease Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-24, 11:23 PM
sk0324
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will private message you... thx
Old 03-23-24, 01:19 AM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

I have been keeping up with the RX 450h+ pricing here in So Cal and it got me thinking that now that these have been out for over 5 months (I bought mine in Oct 2023), I wondered if there are any used ones yet. I had not seen any until now. Found 2 in Carlsbad for $69k, one with 27 miles and one with 177 miles. Based on the Lexus Allocation Sheet, these cars were purchased in late 2023 and early 2024. Buyer's remorse or could not keep up with the payments? Great pricing for cars with so few miles. I guess it's true what they say, your new car loses value when you first drive it off the lot.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dhill:
CCGS (03-23-24), wrinkle (03-23-24)
Old 03-23-24, 07:36 AM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 130 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Dhill
I have been keeping up with the RX 450h+ pricing here in So Cal and it got me thinking that now that these have been out for over 5 months (I bought mine in Oct 2023), I wondered if there are any used ones yet. I had not seen any until now. Found 2 in Carlsbad for $69k, one with 27 miles and one with 177 miles. Based on the Lexus Allocation Sheet, these cars were purchased in late 2023 and early 2024. Buyer's remorse or could not keep up with the payments? Great pricing for cars with so few miles. I guess it's true what they say, your new car loses value when you first drive it off the lot.
That does seem to explain a lot of what I had been reading above, Dhill - thanks for pointing out the hard data.

What is indeed surprising to me is that 27 miles and 177 miles counts as "used" - when I had test-driven one at Norcal that already at 34 miles (37 miles) at the beginning (and at end) of my test drive - which apparently had been at the dealer lot for a couple weeks in late December. I wasn't fond of the fact that a "new" one was already at 34 miles, suggesting about ~7 test drives before me had taken place. I had asked for a discount to MSRP, and was refused, so I bought a "new" one with just 4 miles on it that had the same color etc at another Norcal dealer some 40 miles away, the next day instead, which had just gotten off the truck that day - also at MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
CCGS (03-23-24)
Old 03-23-24, 07:45 AM
Imolared
Driver School Candidate

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sk0324
I did end up leasing a 2024 RX 450h+ at $75.6K (MSRP) - $5.9K (discount) - $7.5K (Lexus lease offer) + taxes/fees in Southern California. The final OTD price based on payoff after three months should be ~69K. The $7.5K LEXUS offer ends April 1 for those that may be interested in such a deal. Appreciate everyone's input on this thread. Thx
That is an awesome discount!! I'm also in the market, would really love to know where you got this pricing from.
The following users liked this post:
cardalums (04-23-24)
Old 03-23-24, 01:01 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkle
That does seem to explain a lot of what I had been reading above, Dhill - thanks for pointing out the hard data.

What is indeed surprising to me is that 27 miles and 177 miles counts as "used" - when I had test-driven one at Norcal that already at 34 miles (37 miles) at the beginning (and at end) of my test drive - which apparently had been at the dealer lot for a couple weeks in late December. I wasn't fond of the fact that a "new" one was already at 34 miles, suggesting about ~7 test drives before me had taken place. I had asked for a discount to MSRP, and was refused, so I bought a "new" one with just 4 miles on it that had the same color etc at another Norcal dealer some 40 miles away, the next day instead, which had just gotten off the truck that day - also at MSRP.

From what I have read/heard, once a car is titled/sold, it cannot be resold as new. If a car goes into a dealer’s loaner program, if they do not title it, they can sell it as new, even if it has a lot of miles. Learned this from the CarEdge podcast guys.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dhill:
CCGS (03-23-24), Grahaminat (03-27-24)
Old 03-23-24, 05:02 PM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Dhill
From what I have read/heard, once a car is titled/sold, it cannot be resold as new. If a car goes into a dealer’s loaner program, if they do not title it, they can sell it as new, even if it has a lot of miles. Learned this from the CarEdge podcast guys.
Interesting topic for sure - Taken from Globe and Mail news- Canada
Under provincial regulations, there are no limits on how many kilometres a car may have on the odometer when sold as new.
Instead, a vehicle is considered new until someone registers it. That’s typically the first buyer, but it could also be the dealer if the car is being used as a demo model.
Full article https://www.theglobeandmail.com/driv...no-longer-new/
Old 03-27-24, 06:00 PM
Grahaminat
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kottom
For the last 15 years I've bought 3 cars, paid price what was listed on Edmunds as fair price. Each time I had impression that I've overpaid.
Anyway, I offered Edmunds price for 2024 for the car on local dealership. They refused. They start telling me that this is price for 2023, I show them that for 23 it was even much lower. Still they demanded MSRP. But they have only one luxury on the lot, maybe that's why.
Did anybody have experience with correlation paid price for RX with Edmunds price?
Hey! Yes, I got some blow back from two dealers here in the Atlanta area. Edmunds had the 2024 350h Premium at an invoice of $51,076, with MSRP at $56,100. They suggested offering $52,850.

The first dealer I worked with had the vehicle I wanted at an MSRP of $57,320. I told them I wanted an out the door price of $57,000. They played with numbers and came up with $59,800. I said that was too much. THEN the next day, they got it down to $58,000 and after my trade-in, it lowered the taxes so it actually lowered the price to $57,500! BUT...this dealer was over an hour away and there was one 15 minutes from my house.

So...I took the build sheet they texted me to the second dealer. They didn't believe me, claiming the VIN was "cut off" and they couldn't see that it was the same vehicle they had. I showed them on the website and showed them the exact price. Then the "other guy" came in to try and discredit me. Claimed, "I've been here for eight years and I've never seen them discount a hybrid for $4,000! We'd be losing a lot of profit that way." I said, "Well, you just lost a customer."

So, today, I went to Butler Lexus of Atlanta and got the 2024 RX350h Premium out the door for $57,500! Not a bad deal.

Keep after the dealers. You'll get a better price but you have to work these guys.
Old 03-31-24, 03:51 AM
carvenum
4th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Locked price with dealer in NJ Rx350h Premium+ OTD will be $62K. Planning to finance. Vehicle is not arrived likely 1st April.
Finance rates offered was 7.01%, They came down to 5.99%.
Feel like finance team is arm twisting. They have given me till 1st Apr. Please advise.

If all goes through, it will be my first Lexus. This forum helped me a lot to understand more about experience and the vehicle in general. Thanks a lot.
Google spreadsheet awesome, it is very accurate. Cheers!
Old 03-31-24, 04:15 AM
kry226
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by carvenum
Locked price with dealer in NJ Rx350h Premium+ OTD will be $62K. Planning to finance. Vehicle is not arrived likely 1st April.
Feel like finance team is arm twisting. They have given me till 1st Apr. Please advise.

If all goes through, it will be my first Lexus. This forum helped me a lot to understand more about experience and the vehicle in general. Thanks a lot.
Arm twisting = walking out the door. This should not be an emotional event. It's just a car, a commodity, and there are others. While you should always conduct yourself respectfully and professionally, if anyone should be giving a suspense, it's you. You're the customer. I've been known to fly one-way across the country to buy the right vehicle from the right dealer for the right price. If you're not comfortable, then go some place else... find a dealer who really wants your business and doesn't treat YOU like the commodity.

Other than that, the best way to defend against such tactics is to go in with managed expectations, understanding that the 6x6 office cubicle they call the finance office (and the shop) is where they make most of their money. Cut the ridiculousness off at the pass. If they don't get the hint, then walk. If you're emotionally tied to the vehicle, they can see that from a mile away and will continue to milk you for all you're worth. Know what your limits are and stick to them.

We got a decent deal on our RX and trade, but I know I left some meat on the bone. However, we also received great service and an overall great experience, and I don't mind paying for that. Dealers (and the sales consultant too) are not non-profit ministries. It's ok if they make money too.
The following 4 users liked this post by kry226:
carvenum (03-31-24), CCGS (04-02-24), dklanecky1 (04-02-24), Grahaminat (03-31-24)
Old 03-31-24, 09:02 AM
Grahaminat
Driver

In today's market, that's not too bad. Lexus and Toyota and other brands like BMW are still commanding a premium. However, I stayed on my Lexus dealer. In fact I worked with three different dealers here in the Atlanta area to get the best price I could on a 2024 Lexus RX350h. I finally got offered $57,500 for an out the door price. I "financed" it just so I could get the vehicle right then and there. I have the money in another account, but will need to transfer to my online bank, so I'll have it paid off when the first payment comes.
If you're interested, this was Butler Lexus of South Atlanta. They're near the airport. Fly in, save yourself $4,500 and drive the vehicle home. A lot of people do that when local dealers won't work with them. I myself had a dealer 15 minutes from the house, but they refused to budge on price. So, I made the hour trek to Butler, bought the vehicle, drove home and saved a considerable amount.
The following 2 users liked this post by Grahaminat:
CCGS (04-02-24), ReggieRx (04-11-24)
Old 03-31-24, 10:27 AM
carvenum
4th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grahaminat
In today's market, that's not too bad. Lexus and Toyota and other brands like BMW are still commanding a premium. However, I stayed on my Lexus dealer. In fact I worked with three different dealers here in the Atlanta area to get the best price I could on a 2024 Lexus RX350h. I finally got offered $57,500 for an out the door price. I "financed" it just so I could get the vehicle right then and there. I have the money in another account, but will need to transfer to my online bank, so I'll have it paid off when the first payment comes.
If you're interested, this was Butler Lexus of South Atlanta. They're near the airport. Fly in, save yourself $4,500 and drive the vehicle home. A lot of people do that when local dealers won't work with them. I myself had a dealer 15 minutes from the house, but they refused to budge on price. So, I made the hour trek to Butler, bought the vehicle, drove home and saved a considerable amount.
$57,500 for RX350h Premium Plus OTD is amazing price. Well done!

Old 03-31-24, 10:57 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by Grahaminat
Is that Premium or Premium + model?
Old 03-31-24, 11:06 AM
Grahaminat
Driver

It was a Premium.
Old 03-31-24, 11:07 AM
Grahaminat
Driver

To be clear, that was a Premium,trim, not a Premium Plus. Still, with an MSRP of $57,320 and to get out the door for $57,500 - that's not bad.
Old 03-31-24, 11:10 AM
Grahaminat
Driver

Originally Posted by carvenum

My apologies. I didn't see that this was a Premium Plus trim. (I missed the + in the original post). $62k out the door is not bad)!

Quick Reply: 2024 Price/Lease Thread