RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

2024 Price/Lease Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-23, 10:21 AM
Kottom
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2024 Price/Lease Thread

For the last 15 years I've bought 3 cars, paid price what was listed on Edmunds as fair price. Each time I had impression that I've overpaid.
Anyway, I offered Edmunds price for 2024 for the car on local dealership. They refused. They start telling me that this is price for 2023, I show them that for 23 it was even much lower. Still they demanded MSRP. But they have only one luxury on the lot, maybe that's why.
Did anybody have experience with correlation paid price for RX with Edmunds price?
Old 10-04-23, 10:44 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

The Lexus dealer do not care what Edmunds says. They charge as they wish and demand is good with some models showing very high demand. They are not in the mood for compromise.
Old 10-04-23, 10:55 AM
Kottom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The Lexus dealer do not care what Edmunds says. They charge as they wish and demand is good with some models showing very high demand. They are not in the mood for compromise.
not really. Edmunds price is analysis based on sales. So, if Edmunds say price X, it is mean that average price of sold cars for specific brand\model in specific area was X. Now, since 24 just coming in, they might have limited data to analyze. Will wait and see how price will change when more cars come in.
Old 10-04-23, 11:22 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

Try the buying service fellow on this board (AComp), has he posted lately? It might be an out of state purchase however.
Old 10-04-23, 01:13 PM
Malky
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck trying to get a deal in WA. Gas is very expensive here and that means everyone wants a hybrid. Most of the hybrids are already spoken for before they reach the lot. Meaning they aren't pressured to sell for less than or at MSRP.

If you're talking non-hybrid. I hear you CAN get a discount.
Old 10-04-23, 03:17 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

Indeed, the 350h isn't going to be discounted.
Old 10-04-23, 03:56 PM
Kottom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Malky
Good luck trying to get a deal in WA. Gas is very expensive here and that means everyone wants a hybrid. Most of the hybrids are already spoken for before they reach the lot. Meaning they aren't pressured to sell for less than or at MSRP.

If you're talking non-hybrid. I hear you CAN get a discount.
Not hybrid. Gas model. My neighbor just 2 weeks ago bought F sport (23) for what she said very good deal - heavily discounted + free accessories. I can understand that on 24 you can't get same discount as on 23 yet, but still it shouldn't be MSRP.
Old 10-05-23, 09:50 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by Kottom
Not hybrid. Gas model. My neighbor just 2 weeks ago bought F sport (23) for what she said very good deal - heavily discounted + free accessories. I can understand that on 24 you can't get same discount as on 23 yet, but still it shouldn't be MSRP.
ICE 4 cyl RX models are plentiful and I'm sure you can get 10% off MSRP on those. The dealer by me is now storing them in a lot offsite.
Old 10-16-23, 08:08 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi all - how does this spec sheet look for a Premium Hybrid? This one is actually spoken for already and he is just giving me an example. Can any of this be negotiated? He says next steps would be to put in preferences and a fully refundable $2k deposit and they will locate a car ASAP. Should I be pushing them to give me a total OTD price?

I gave them these requirements which would take about 2-6 months to match preference:
2023 or 2024
Eminent White Pearl exterior
Black Nuluxe/Black Open Pore Wood Trim interior
Premium Model
14" touchscreen display
Power Rear Door with Kick Sensor

2024 RX350h Premium
MSRP: $52,600

FIO: Cold Area ($100), Convenience ($1,420), Lexus Interface 14" screen ($1,105), Power Rear Door Kick Sensor ($150), Special Color ($500),
PIO: Rear Bumper Applique ($90), Illuminated Sills ($760), Preferred Accessory Pkg ($335)
Total of Options: $4,460

DPH: $1,350

Grand Total: $52,600 + $4,460 + $1,350 = $58,410

TTL would be 6.5% so drive out is around $62k

Last edited by LexusK; 10-16-23 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-16-23, 08:54 AM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Hello, can't speak to the pricing as I am not from your area but generally a 1k deposit is more the norm. Cheers
Old 10-16-23, 01:43 PM
LexusK
Racer

Originally Posted by CCGS
Hello, can't speak to the pricing as I am not from your area but generally a 1k deposit is more the norm. Cheers
I asked if he could do $1k deposit since that seemed to be the norm and he says that he could get a manager override if that's the only thing stopping me. Also mentioned that they started doing $2k during the chip shortage because people started putting down deposits at all the local dealerships to see if they could get a car sooner, which funny enough, was what I was thinking about doing lol! However, they are apparently the biggest Lexus dealership and they are prioritized by Lexus, so it shouldn't be an issue finding the one I want. I might just wait it out until next August - November to see if they discount any of the 2024 models. I'm not in a hurry right now, but I did want to see what pricing was like and how everyone else is negotiating discounts.
The following users liked this post:
CCGS (10-16-23)
Old 10-16-23, 07:15 PM
jahnjva
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

DPH? If this is your "doc" fee or dealer processing fee that sounds high but I am not from your area. I paid $849 in VA. Check some of the other Lexus dealers in state to compare. I left a 1k deposit. Make sure you get the offer signed and that they write that the deposit in fully refundable. Also make sure they don't add any dealer installed options. MSRP plus TTL and doc fee close $ to other dealers is probably best you will get. It's hard to get a hybrid under MSRP.
Old 10-17-23, 07:52 AM
LexusK
Racer

Originally Posted by jahnjva
DPH? If this is your "doc" fee or dealer processing fee that sounds high but I am not from your area. I paid $849 in VA. Check some of the other Lexus dealers in state to compare. I left a 1k deposit. Make sure you get the offer signed and that they write that the deposit in fully refundable. Also make sure they don't add any dealer installed options. MSRP plus TTL and doc fee close $ to other dealers is probably best you will get. It's hard to get a hybrid under MSRP.
Yep the DPH is the "Delivery Processing and Handling" fee. There's only 3 Lexus dealerships in my city. Dealerships A and B have the same owners, so same DPH fee. Dealership C also has the same DPH fee as well and has mentioned that it is non negotiable on their site.

Dealership A has specifically told me that they don't make us pay for dealer addons like Nitrogen in tires, window tint, etc and will also include 5 complimentary services to new customers. Dealership C has those items listed on the site for $545 lol. I'll be staying away from Dealership C.

Last edited by LexusK; 10-17-23 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-17-23, 09:32 AM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Doc fee=money grab, what ever the dealer thinks they can get away with. I paid 595 cad, they of course would not reduce. Cheers
Old 10-17-23, 11:25 AM
LexusK
Racer

Originally Posted by CCGS
Doc fee=money grab, what ever the dealer thinks they can get away with. I paid 595 cad, they of course would not reduce. Cheers
Yeah seems like every car already has a $1,350 "Delivery Processing and Handling" Fee built into the Total Price. Then they add a $150 Doc Fee, 6.25% State & Local Taxes, and a $200 "Total License and Fees."

I just got another price sheet on a Hybrid Premium in a different (but still premium) color. It has all the specs I want and he says this is what my OTD price is.
MSRP: $52,600
Factory Installed Options: $3,275
Port Installed Options: $425
Delivery Processing and Handling: $1,350
Total: $57,650
---------
Doc Fee:$150
State & Local Taxes: $3,694.16 (I can't figure out this number. It's 6.25%, but the numbers aren't matching up to what they have here)
Total License and Fees: $200
----------
Grand Total Drive Out: $61,694.16

This dealership about an hour away from me, but so far this guy has been pretty helpful. Found him on the website and reached out to him cause he's only been there for 6 months lol. None of these fees are negotiable at all? What if I said I want my OTD price to be $60k? Is that even doable or are they absolutely not budging?

Last edited by LexusK; 10-17-23 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: 2024 Price/Lease Thread