RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

RX350 Premium + Vs Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-23, 10:34 AM
CMVYV
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just purchased my '23 RX350 (I also purchased each of the previous 4 generations of the RX starting in 2000 w/ the RX300).

Yes, there have been many dealers over the past year or two selling for MSRP & firm in no discounts.

I got about $3,500 knocked off on the 'sticker price' of mine (ordered & took 8 weeks). I was pretty firm and used my typical tactic of walking away & going home when the sales person left me for a prolonged period of time to go talk to the 'Sales Mgr'. I just left. Less then 20 minutes later I received a text ..... then another text & a 3rd text telling me I could have the RX for the price I wanted. Never responded to any of the texts.

I went back over the next AM & signed off on the documents. They also knew I was purchasing my 5th RX. So, even though they are pretty tight the past 2 years re: pricing, being firm & patient one can 'squeeze' some out of them ... especially now if you order one. At the time another local dealer only had 3 RX350s in inventory! A lot of factors.

Bottom Line: I have purchased all 5 generations of the RX ... loved them! Also, they hold their value. Just sold '17 RX (drove for 7 years w/ only 21,000 miles on it ... we're in our 80s & spouse doesn't want to travel any more. Sold on craigslist again for $35,000 after 7 yrs (orig price was $52,000 which included 6 year svc contract). Similar experience w/ sales of previous RX's ... good luck

The following users liked this post:
superjer (12-20-23)
Old 12-16-23, 03:14 PM
TheTourVan
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Test drove both today and went Premium Plus. Couldn’t find a reason to spend the extra on Luxury.
nowlen (04-08-24)
Old 04-01-24, 07:34 AM
tluvo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference Between Premium + and Luxury?

Curious about the different trims. I know the difference between the premium and premium + is the HUD, 360 Camera, self parking, and bigger wheels. I'm having trouble finding the difference between the premium + and luxury. Any info is appreciated!
Old 04-01-24, 08:20 AM
QPL
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

On my dealers website it says

KEY FEATURES of the luxury edition are

SEMI-ANILINE LEATHER–TRIMMED INTERIOR

21-INCH 20-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS

HEAD-UP DISPLAY
https://www.lexusoflouisville.com/Le...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Urlik (04-01-24)
Old 04-01-24, 08:30 AM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

As mentioned above, it's those 3 things. If you want to play around with the various trims I suggest going to the build your lexus site.

For the nonhybrid:

https://www.lexus.com/build-your-lex...year/2024/trim
Old 04-01-24, 08:35 AM
Markfm
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

You might take a look at: https://www.autotrader.com/compariso...ht-trim#luxury
It discusses what Premium+ "options" are baked into the Luxury, and what Luxury-only trim optional items may be available.

Old 04-01-24, 08:47 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 585 Likes on 403 Posts

The seats also have more adjustments on the Luxury as well.
Old 04-01-24, 09:10 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Many of the Luxury trims also come with pano roof and ML audio adding several thousand $ to the msrp. The 21" wheels were a must for me but I didn't want the other options so purchased a Premium Plus equipped exactly how I wanted. it. I also prefer the 21" wheels on the Premium + compared to the Luxury.
Old 04-01-24, 11:08 AM
jahnjva
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Also most of the Luxury ones stick on heated rear seats and triple beam head lights which I had no interest in. I wish when I got my Prem + I could have gotten the 19 " wheels as they ride softer but all the allocated vehicles had the 21's. I do think the 21's look better but ride a little harsher. I wanted the ML radio but could only find that on the Luxury and they were loaded with lots of stuff I didn't need.
Old 04-01-24, 01:46 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by jahnjva
Also most of the Luxury ones stick on heated rear seats and triple beam head lights which I had no interest in. I wish when I got my Prem + I could have gotten the 19 " wheels as they ride softer but all the allocated vehicles had the 21's. I do think the 21's look better but ride a little harsher. I wanted the ML radio but could only find that on the Luxury and they were loaded with lots of stuff I didn't need.
Oh yeah the triple beams were the third option I had no desire to pay for and avoided those with the Premium+.. In total, about $6k in stuff I didn't want that seemed to be on most Luxury trims I saw.
Old 04-01-24, 02:23 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Oh yeah the triple beams were the third option I had no desire to pay for and avoided those with the Premium+.. In total, about $6k in stuff I didn't want that seemed to be on most Luxury trims I saw.
Their nice for Canadian buyers though because the triple beams are matrix lights. Not for the US though.
ColoradoDavid (06-24-24)
Old 06-24-24, 07:02 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you elaborate on the triple beam LED?
Is one for high beam, other for low beam, and the other??
Old 06-24-24, 09:18 PM
ColoradoDavid
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

The Triple Beam option does not utilize the Matrix technology. At least partly because the matrix tech has not been approved for use in the US as of yet. Years under consideration. However, and this was important to me - the triple beam headlights in the US RX350 get the highest possible ratings from the iihs - the body that tests vehicle safety, including headlight performance. Many, many high end vehicles headlights do not earn a high rating for performance (e.g. no trim level BMW X5 has top rated headlights - a deal killer for me and I also didn't like the X5 seats). ALL 2024 RX trim levels, with or without triple beam - get the highest headlight rating. Help with night visibility was important to me and I love the triple beams on my '24 RX350. Worth every penny - to me at least. If you are interested in headlight performance and safety ratings - check out iihs.org. A wealth of test-based information.

Last edited by ColoradoDavid; 06-24-24 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-24-24, 09:24 PM
ColoradoDavid
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

@Urlik I wonder if the Lexus triple beams for the US have the technology built in to enable Matrix if it becomes approved for US use? I understand some European manufacturers have that for US vehicles (Mercedes, BMW IIRC).... So if Matrix gets approved for use in the US, a software change would enable it.
Old 06-25-24, 01:07 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by ColoradoDavid
@Urlik I wonder if the Lexus triple beams for the US have the technology built in to enable Matrix if it becomes approved for US use? I understand some European manufacturers have that for US vehicles (Mercedes, BMW IIRC).... So if Matrix gets approved for use in the US, a software change would enable it.
Could very well be, Canada got the matrix triple beam this year.

Quick Reply: RX350 Premium + Vs Luxury