RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

RX350 Premium + Vs Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-23, 08:15 PM
Patientlyfast
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking RX350 Premium + Vs Luxury

I am looking to buy my very first Lexus! Have always wanted one since I was little. I am choosing to either go with either the 2024 Lexus RX350 Premium+ or the Luxury trim. Local dealership says they do MSRP and nothing over. From what I hear from people is that toyota an lexus don't sell over MSRP or at least push MSRP up. Is there anything that I should expect while going in to initiate buying this car? Looking for the 2.49% interest December to Remember sales event.

I am leaning towards the Luxury trim because of the better back support and some more features that the premium+ doesn't have. HUD sounds useful. The panorama roof sounds cool, not sure how much will use it. Cooling and heated rear seats and also heated steering wheel. Panorama roof might be hard here in texas with the heat.
For those that bought the RX350 Luxury trim vs the Premium+ and also the premium+ vs the luxury, why'd you choose it? What features or things did you end up not caring for or end up wanting?
Old 12-08-23, 10:04 PM
HeyThere
Rookie

Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Everybody has different tastes and what's important to them. I have the Luxury trim. It's loaded. A few notes.....

I'm in Seattle so it doesn't get that cold. But I love the heated steering wheel a lot.

The Pano roof only opens the range of a normal sun roof. You can also close the shade to keep the heat out.

The heated seats get pretty warm. The AC in the seats, not so much.

Personally, I don't use the HUD much.

Love the Mark Levinson sound system. The audiophiles will always chime in. Ignore them.
Love the 21" wheels.

I have the Iridium. I like it a lot. Hides the dirt well and sparkles in the sun.

Honestly, not that much to complain about. It's a fantastic ride. If the additional cost isn't a big deal, load it up. You won't be disappointed.

The seats are incredibly adjustable.

Love the upgraded triple beam headlights.
The following 4 users liked this post by HeyThere:
ggebhardt (12-09-23), JRey350hou (12-12-23), Patientlyfast (12-09-23), RetireeZ (12-12-23)
Old 12-09-23, 06:43 AM
Patientlyfast
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback! The added cost isn't much differenece for me so sounds better, thanks for that tip. Glad to hear that there's a shade on the pano roof! In Texas the AC seats would help a little bit.

Yeah the HUD doesn't seem like much if the display isn't too far away, but could help me some.

Have you had one with 19" wheels before? The white one I want would definitely show dirt a ton and the iridium color looks nice!

The biggest thing for me is the seats honestly, everything else is a plus!

Now I am leaning towards a hybrid and my 2006 Honda Civic Starter is shot so need to replace that and have it run for 3-4 months, which is what I was told for a hybrid lead time, or just get a gas rx350 Luxury one next week.
Old 12-09-23, 06:50 AM
BerthoudPa
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't know about the '24 but my '23 seat are ventilated not AIRCONDIONED.

The following users liked this post:
Urlik (12-09-23)
Old 12-09-23, 10:11 AM
HeyThere
Rookie

Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

I just like the look of the 21's. Makes it look a little beefier. I look down upon those with the 19s ;-)

Also, for the rear hatch, it's important to check the clearance with your garage door so it doesn't hit. Yeah, I did that ;-)

White seems to be the most popular color.

Is it perfect? No. But nothing is. It's comfortable, dependable, great resale, and in my eyes, reasonably priced. I thought I was spending a lot of money until I started shopping around.
The following 2 users liked this post by HeyThere:
JRey350hou (12-12-23), MUIUUI (12-10-23)
Old 12-09-23, 10:34 AM
WellsB
Advanced

Received 446 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by BerthoudPa
I don't know about the '24 but my '23 seat are ventilated not AIRCONDIONED.
The '24 seats are ventilated.
Old 12-09-23, 10:39 AM
WellsB
Advanced

Originally Posted by HeyThere
I just like the look of the 21's. Makes it look a little beefier. I look down upon those with the 19s ;-)

Also, for the rear hatch, it's important to check the clearance with your garage door so it doesn't hit. Yeah, I did that ;-)
around.
I like the looks of the 21s, but hate the lack of tire choices. At least the 19 has the Michelin CrossClimate2 available.

Yeah, definitely check the clearance of the door. It is adjustable, thank goodness.
Old 12-09-23, 12:43 PM
SonOfABisc
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a 2022, so no direct comparison. But I love the HUD, wouldn't want a car without it in the future. I have a pano roof, but I would gladly pay an exrea $1000.00 to get a car without any sort of hole in the roof. Not going to happen with all the option packaging these days. Porsche is the only manufacturer I've found that will delete their moon/sun roof as an stand alone choice.
Old 12-10-23, 05:20 PM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

After having them in my last two vehicles, I will never own another vehicle without a HUD. The Lexus HUD is rather simple in conparison to some, but still useful. I have no need for the pano roof but it was on the Luxury 350h that was coming in. The 21 inch tires are awesome. They are not low profile, so the ride is nice.
Old 12-11-23, 10:55 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by Patientlyfast
I am looking to buy my very first Lexus! Have always wanted one since I was little. I am choosing to either go with either the 2024 Lexus RX350 Premium+ or the Luxury trim. Local dealership says they do MSRP and nothing over. From what I hear from people is that toyota an lexus don't sell over MSRP or at least push MSRP up. Is there anything that I should expect while going in to initiate buying this car? Looking for the 2.49% interest December to Remember sales event.

I am leaning towards the Luxury trim because of the better back support and some more features that the premium+ doesn't have. HUD sounds useful. The panorama roof sounds cool, not sure how much will use it. Cooling and heated rear seats and also heated steering wheel. Panorama roof might be hard here in texas with the heat.
For those that bought the RX350 Luxury trim vs the Premium+ and also the premium+ vs the luxury, why'd you choose it? What features or things did you end up not caring for or end up wanting?
If you're buying the non-hybrid model, don't pay MSRP. There are loads in inventory. I would start by offering 10% off and see where that goes.
Old 12-11-23, 11:05 AM
WellsB
Advanced

Originally Posted by wa3cuj
The 21 inch tires are awesome. They are not low profile, so the ride is nice.
50 series is low-profile. They've just tuned the suspension correctly for comfortable ride.

Old 12-11-23, 04:34 PM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by WellsB
50 series is low-profile. They've just tuned the suspension correctly for comfortable ride.
You made me go look at the numbers! I agree. They just don't look that way to me. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
WellsB (12-11-23)
Old 12-11-23, 04:48 PM
WellsB
Advanced

Originally Posted by wa3cuj
You made me go look at the numbers! I agree. They just don't look that way to me. Thanks.
iIt's funny how we've gotten used to big wheels and low profile tires. I remember being astounded the first time I saw a 50 series tire on a 17" wheel and shaking my head at the first 20" wheels I saw on some low-rider. Now 21s are mainstream.
Old 12-12-23, 08:47 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by WellsB
iIt's funny how we've gotten used to big wheels and low profile tires. I remember being astounded the first time I saw a 50 series tire on a 17" wheel and shaking my head at the first 20" wheels I saw on some low-rider. Now 21s are mainstream.
I remember my first Volkswagen Scirocco with 60 series tires I thought I was cool.
Old 12-14-23, 07:02 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
If you're buying the non-hybrid model, don't pay MSRP. There are loads in inventory. I would start by offering 10% off and see where that goes.
I see the dealer near me is already advertising all RX models (excl hybrids) with a 7% dealer discount. I might even try for better than 10% off MSRP.

Quick Reply: RX350 Premium + Vs Luxury