RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Android auto disconnects when turn signal activated

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-23, 12:19 PM
agelders
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Android auto disconnects when turn signal activated

Is anyone seeing android auto getting turned off in settings when activating a turn signal? The disconnect is instantaneous and when it happens we have to go into [Lexus] Bluetooth settings and re-enable android auto.. It's intermittent and only happens when google maps is talking. We were able to video the bug. The dealer blames the phone but it happens with multiple high end new phones.And why would activating the turn signal effect our phones?
The following users liked this post:
enduro963 (01-01-24)
Old 12-12-23, 03:46 PM
js6543md
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

would love to see the video and will try it this week as I am only one with android phone...but it does disconnect a lot!
Old 12-12-23, 06:15 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 614 Likes on 421 Posts

Added to the collated list of bug fixes/features needed.
Old 12-13-23, 05:54 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by agelders
Is anyone seeing android auto getting turned off in settings when activating a turn signal? The disconnect is instantaneous and when it happens we have to go into [Lexus] Bluetooth settings and re-enable android auto.. It's intermittent and only happens when google maps is talking. We were able to video the bug. The dealer blames the phone but it happens with multiple high end new phones.And why would activating the turn signal effect our phones?
Wow!! I have had no issues with Android Auto so far in my 1st month of ownership. I have a Pixel 7 Pro phone and connect wireless. Have you tried a wired connection to see if that makes a difference?
Old 12-14-23, 10:39 AM
agelders
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's too much personal info on the video to upload. What it shows is that after about 6 minutes of flawless connection the right turn signal was activated while google maps was giving audio directions. The audio immediately ceased and the screen reverted to the default Lexus map. Then Bluetooth settings [on the Lexus] was selected showing the phone was still connected but android auto had been disabled. Upon re-enabling it android auto was again available.
I've scoured the internet but can find no other reports of this problem so I suspect that there is a faulty module on our vehicle. So far, Lexus doesn't want to start swapping out parts because they don't know where the problem lies. They try to blame the phone but we have two new top of the line smart phones and they both do it. Also, no one has been able to tell me why turn signal info should interact with Android Auto.
Old 12-14-23, 10:54 AM
Littleblessings3
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does that with Apple also, it disconnects for no reason. I will be listening to the radio (am) and it will suddenly connect to my music. I will also connect to a phone that isn't in my car, ie i will be in my driveway it will connect to my phone and then change to like my son's phone who is in the house.
Old 12-14-23, 11:45 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleblessings3
Mine does that with Apple also, it disconnects for no reason. I will be listening to the radio (am) and it will suddenly connect to my music. I will also connect to a phone that isn't in my car, ie i will be in my driveway it will connect to my phone and then change to like my son's phone who is in the house.
If your phone is selected for CarPlay in your phone settings and your son's phone has been paired as a phone for phone use in the past, they should both connect. That is what happens with my phone and my wife's phone but I am using Android Auto. Calls to my phone come in thru Android Auto and calls to hers come in thru the Lexus interface. Drives me crazy when we are on trips and she is getting a bunch of texts!!!!!
Old 01-01-24, 02:20 PM
Saroj
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agelders
I'm also facing exactly same issue. Both android and iphone disconnects when activating a turn signal. Did you find any solution?
Old 01-01-24, 07:16 PM
enduro963
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. We took a trip in November, a couple of weeks after RX delivery. Frustrated using Waze for traffic / directions because Android Auto would disconnect at the worst moment. I was using my Google Pixel 8. Finally found out how to activate it again like you mention. Never pin pointed the turn signal as culprit but will test. Hope Lexus sends a software update soon!