RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

OTA Updates (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-24, 11:37 AM
KennyE
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mathjak107
i notice with new update lexus no longer says “ how can i help you “.

it says it on the screen and beeps
Did this same thing on the previous update - it turns the voice all the way down. Use your normal wake up "Hey Lexus" or whatever. As soon as you give the command, start turning your volume up - may have to go a long ways. She's there. Turning her up should not affect the vols for music, etc. Just hearing the "How can I help you".
The following users liked this post:
Urlik (07-13-24)
Old 07-13-24, 12:49 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 178 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by CAPTBob
The update arrived to our 2023 RX 350 this morning. OTA update proceeded uneventfully. Checked the Apple Car Play screen and the new side panel was there. Haven't poked around the rest of the screens.
Yes, arrived yesterday on the 2024 RX as well.
EBone (07-15-24)
Old 07-14-24, 02:55 PM
BerthoudPa
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Update arrived and installed today. RX350 Premium Plus purchased in March '23..
EBone (07-15-24)
Old 07-15-24, 01:32 PM
EBone
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CommodoreAmiga
I got a notification that a software update was available in my 2023 RX. It took about 30 minutes to install. Now I have 2170. CarPlay has the “resize” button in the top left, now. Unfortunately, I no longer get a battery life indicator because of it.
Battery indicator is now below the third icon on the left side of CarPlay menu, just above the CarPlay “Home” button.
Old 07-15-24, 01:38 PM
CommodoreAmiga
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by EBone
Battery indicator is now below the third icon on the left side of CarPlay menu, just above the CarPlay “Home” button.
not on mine. There’s another icon there. Battery level is just gone.
Old 07-16-24, 08:43 AM
LARRX350
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyE
Did this same thing on the previous update - it turns the voice all the way down. Use your normal wake up "Hey Lexus" or whatever. As soon as you give the command, start turning your volume up - may have to go a long ways. She's there. Turning her up should not affect the vols for music, etc. Just hearing the "How can I help you".
Did you actually get the "How can I help you" back? Mine updated last night or this morning and I no longer get the question. I adjusted volume control but no luck getting the question. I can hear the driving directions or whatever just fine.
Old 07-16-24, 09:28 AM
KennyE
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LARRX350
Did you actually get the "How can I help you" back? Mine updated last night or this morning and I no longer get the question. I adjusted volume control but no luck getting the question. I can hear the driving directions or whatever just fine.
Yes, got it all back, voice on "How can I help you", and all. My guess is you haven't turned it up enough. Thats what the wife and I first thought after our update - it just isn't there. But I kept turning up the volume, and I mean A LOT, and there she was. Maybe give it another go, but be very aggressive on the volume control. And same as you, we could hear the directions just fine. But not the "what do you want now" voice. So, turn it up, way up!!
LARRX350 (07-16-24)
Old 07-16-24, 12:37 PM
LARRX350
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Strange, played with the volume settings and really cranked up the voice. I did get it to ask the" how can I help" question twice but was not repeatable. I know there are different volume settings for radio etc. and I am adjusting the vol just after I say Hey Lexus when I should be getting the question. Still getting a response if I ask a question (like what time is it) but when I say Hey Lexus it's usually crickets!
Old 07-16-24, 01:47 PM
Lexus-SSA
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

I updated this morning. I can confirm that:
  • The battery indicator is there
  • The Hey lexus response is not working, although in the setting i set it to beep and then set it to voice but still you just get a beep.
  • I like the choice of having the Lexus menu bar on the left, except that it has an ugly white background.
  • It only took 20 minutes.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lexus-SSA:
EBone (07-24-24), FMY421 (07-23-24), Urlik (07-18-24)
Old 07-16-24, 01:52 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts

The other annoying thing is that when you use car play and hit Reply on the screen to reply to a text message, the HUD activates. Dumb.

They also made some changes to the driver attention system. I don't know exactly what they are, but its behaving differently. And if you wear a hat/cap while driving, it can't recognize a face.
Old 07-17-24, 06:39 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 211 Likes on 150 Posts

The wife just realized that the RX defaulted to NORMAL (rather than her preferred ECO) after we did the 2170 update...
Old 07-17-24, 08:56 AM
Lexus1998
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I was able to get back from Car play the voice prompts by raising the volume to Max while loading it, so thank you for that trick. I tried the same for "Hey Lexus" multiple of times at full volume and I still can't get back "Hey Lexus". It does the other prompts after command is loaded.
Really haven't notice anything else but the home screen, thank you Lexus very much for the update it goes a long way when using Car play.

Stupid Cross traffic still goes off even with it disabled, but luckily not hitting breaks and the camera if you don't pay attention the warning still comes up.
Old 07-17-24, 07:08 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 178 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
The other annoying thing is that when you use car play and hit Reply on the screen to reply to a text message, the HUD activates. Dumb.

They also made some changes to the driver attention system. I don't know exactly what they are, but its behaving differently. And if you wear a hat/cap while driving, it can't recognize a face.
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
The wife just realized that the RX defaulted to NORMAL (rather than her preferred ECO) after we did the 2170 update...

First they don't even let you pick "Custom" as the default that sticks as default across startups. Now this.
Old 07-18-24, 05:02 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 211 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkle

First they don't even let you pick "Custom" as the default that sticks as default across startups. Now this.
To clarify, the update only defaults to NORMAL when the update is installed. The selection of ECO is retained on future starts, after it is re-selected. (Same as when installing the update changes volumes of MM screen responses, and turns off the radio)

We checked to make sure our dynamic Steering and Suspension settings were maintained...
The following 2 users liked this post by Carbuff2:
Urlik (07-18-24), wrinkle (07-18-24)
Old 07-21-24, 08:32 PM
jmanz12
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just did my update it looks like this

You have the Lexus dock next to the car play one making it easier to switch or you can make it full screen by clicking the side arrows
FMY421 (07-23-24)

Quick Reply: OTA Updates (merged thread)