RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lexus app and Samsung S24+ issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-24, 05:07 PM
KennyE
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Lexus app and Samsung S24+ issue?

Recently moved to the Samsung S24+. Noticed a couple of days ago that the Lexus app is crashing. It will launch. But as soon as it completes the login it crashes. Weird thing is it will show in the open apps drawer. If I try to relaunch it from there it starts, then crashes again, and disappears from the open drawer. And I then get a notice of "app keeps crashing" on the home screen.

I've cleared the cache. I've uninstalled, reinstalled a few times. It just wont stay on anymore. I looked, but didn't see any other posts about it. Still, hoping someone might have some insight.
Old 04-09-24, 07:09 PM
Markfm
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

It's a US S24, not rooted, correct?
Old 04-09-24, 07:33 PM
KennyE
Driver

Originally Posted by Markfm
It's a US S24, not rooted, correct?
US, stock. Not rooted.
Old 04-10-24, 04:42 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

Try cleaning cache in Bluetooth setting. This has helped with pairing to earbuds and other devices.

Last edited by Freds430; 04-10-24 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-10-24, 05:13 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

I have the same phone and no issues with the app or digital key part of it.
Old 04-10-24, 08:38 AM
dvscycles
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyE
Recently moved to the Samsung S24+. Noticed a couple of days ago that the Lexus app is crashing. It will launch. But as soon as it completes the login it crashes. Weird thing is it will show in the open apps drawer. If I try to relaunch it from there it starts, then crashes again, and disappears from the open drawer. And I then get a notice of "app keeps crashing" on the home screen.

I've cleared the cache. I've uninstalled, reinstalled a few times. It just wont stay on anymore. I looked, but didn't see any other posts about it. Still, hoping someone might have some insight.
What were you using before? My wife is thinking about upgrading to the S24 from the S21.
Old 04-10-24, 09:39 AM
KennyE
Driver

Originally Posted by dvscycles
What were you using before? My wife is thinking about upgrading to the S24 from the S21.
Had the S21FE. Pretty sure my issue is not specific to the S24, as others here aren't having any issues. My S21 was so quirky that I traded it in when we paid it off. Those quirks are gone. But I gots me a new one!

Old 04-10-24, 09:41 AM
Markfm
Driver

Make sure to note the problem in the Play Store, including phone make (and that it's on current firmware), and a direct reach out to Lexus doesn't hurt. They need to know when the app doesn't work on a normal modern phone.

Last edited by Markfm; 04-10-24 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-10-24, 09:57 AM
KennyE
Driver

Make sure to note the problem in the Play Store, including phone make (and that it's on current firmware), and a direct reach out to Lexus doesn't hurt. They need to know when the app doesn't work on a normal modern phone.
I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion. Done.
The following users liked this post:
Markfm (04-10-24)
Old 04-10-24, 09:59 PM
WellsB
Advanced

Received 446 Likes on 265 Posts

No issues with a S21 ultra except that the app kills my battery quickly. I have to reboot my phone after using it.
Old 04-11-24, 05:49 AM
Markfm
Driver

Originally Posted by WellsB
No issues with a S21 ultra except that the app kills my battery quickly. I have to reboot my phone after using it.
Have you tried placing it on the Sleeping list in Settings - Battery and Device Care - Battery - Background Usage Limits? That limits operation when it's not in the foreground (the higher setting, Deep Sleeping, will keep it from using any CPU time unless you have it open/active).
springsoak (04-12-24)
Old 04-11-24, 07:14 AM
WellsB
Advanced

Received 446 Likes on 265 Posts

Have you tried placing it on the Sleeping list in Settings - Battery and Device Care - Battery - Background Usage Limits? That limits operation when it's not in the foreground (the higher setting, Deep Sleeping, will keep it from using any CPU time unless you have it open/active).
I'll have to give that a try, but this is the first app to have such a dramatic impact on battery life for this phone, and I've had it 3 years. Even if your suggestion solves the issue, there is something buggy in the app.
Old 04-11-24, 08:35 AM
GreenGobln
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

No issues with the S24 Ultra on my end.
Markfm (04-11-24)
Old 06-20-24, 06:37 AM
Dalascowboy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyE

Might have to do with android auto, located in settings under connected devices. I had to update this to get my s24 to even show google map on my Lexus.
Old 06-20-24, 06:52 AM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

If you have not done so, try removing the app and all of the cached data and reinstalling.

Quick Reply: Lexus app and Samsung S24+ issue?