RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Dont get accident , its short supply parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-24 | 01:26 PM
ejn184
Pit Crew

Default Dont get accident , its short supply parts

I had an accident ( lexus rx500h ) in which someone hit the rear end on the lip rear bumper, so I had to bring it to the collision shop so they could take a look and get the estimate and they set up the appointment 2 weeks and I have to wait . 2 days before I can bring the car to the shop, they call that the parts that they order from the Lexus dealer, on backorder. and NO ETA when. they said they would call me if the parts were available. so I'm very surprised that the parts are never in stock and there is no estimate of when the parts will be available. how come when there are no parts for the new vehicle? so when had accident like this, there is no chance to fix it cause there are no parts. and I tried to call the Lexus dealer to confirm it, and they said it's on backorder and they didn't know when would be in stock. They also try from the states also no stock. Just today i had a conversation with the dealer that they said no inventory pretty much for newer model. So right now if had any accident mostly of the parts not available. Thats what they said.
Old 04-12-24 | 01:57 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Makes me wonder if Lexus is chasing volume at the expense of spare parts meaning they allocate everything to production nothing to parts inventory.
Old 04-12-24 | 02:50 PM
Urlik
Instructor

It doesn't help that it's a RX500h since its rear bumper cover is only shared with the RX350 F Sport Handling.
Old 04-12-24 | 03:21 PM
coolbrazz
Advanced

Lexus isn't the only manufacture with a parts shortage. I know that doesn't make you feel any better.
Sorry...
The following users liked this post:
Urlik (04-12-24)
Old 04-13-24 | 05:11 AM
budwom
Advanced

And parts isn't the only problem....the cars have so many sensors and other new stuff that repairs are substantially more costly (even worse for a bunch of electric vehicles)....insurance companies are jacking up the rates accordingly.
We got rear ended last year in our old 2013 RX and the body shop guy was telling me how absurdly complicated repairs have become....so I'm trying not to hit stuff, nor have stuff hit me.
Old 04-13-24 | 08:41 PM
Lead Lap

As it's not longer fashionable to have bumpers that actually stick out, you know to protect the rest of the car, most bumper these days are nothing more than cosmetic hence even a minor accident causes many parts to be replaced.
Old 04-14-24 | 07:31 AM
Ryebrid
Driver

Originally Posted by budwom
And parts isn't the only problem....the cars have so many sensors and other new stuff that repairs are substantially more costly (even worse for a bunch of electric vehicles)....insurance companies are jacking up the rates accordingly.
We got rear ended last year in our old 2013 RX and the body shop guy was telling me how absurdly complicated repairs have become....so I'm trying not to hit stuff, nor have stuff hit me.
Of course, when every car eventually has auto-brake sensors, we'll have far less rear end collisions to worry about.
Old 04-14-24 | 11:40 AM
budwom
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ryebrid
Of course, when every car eventually has auto-brake sensors, we'll have far less rear end collisions to worry about.
that would be helpful, but the young woman who hit us was going 90 and I wonder if any braking system would have stopped her.
Old 09-09-24 | 03:24 PM
vandine
10th Gear

Default lemon law

Originally Posted by ejn184
I had an accident ( lexus rx500h ) in which someone hit the rear end on the lip rear bumper, so I had to bring it to the collision shop so they could take a look and get the estimate and they set up the appointment 2 weeks and I have to wait . 2 days before I can bring the car to the shop, they call that the parts that they order from the Lexus dealer, on backorder. and NO ETA when. they said they would call me if the parts were available. so I'm very surprised that the parts are never in stock and there is no estimate of when the parts will be available. how come when there are no parts for the new vehicle? so when had accident like this, there is no chance to fix it cause there are no parts. and I tried to call the Lexus dealer to confirm it, and they said it's on backorder and they didn't know when would be in stock. They also try from the states also no stock. Just today i had a conversation with the dealer that they said no inventory pretty much for newer model. So right now if had any accident mostly of the parts not available. Thats what they said.
Threaten them with Lemon Law. Car manufacturers are required to maintain a supply of repair/replacement parts. Maybe they will need to give you a new car.
Old 09-09-24 | 04:12 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by vandine
Threaten them with Lemon Law. Car manufacturers are required to maintain a supply of repair/replacement parts. Maybe they will need to give you a new car.
You do realize that is a 5 month old post right?
Old 09-09-24 | 04:23 PM
vandine
10th Gear

Default Lemon Law

Originally Posted by Urlik
You do realize that is a 5 month old post right?
Not sure what your point is. In Nevada, Lemon Law is good for 18 months.
​​I saw another post that said windshields were on backorder, too. Not acceptable.
If we don't hold companies accountable, they will continue to take advantage of us in order to maximize profit.

deaded (09-10-24)
Old 09-09-24 | 05:06 PM
Urlik
Instructor

It means it’s been fixed by now.
Old 09-10-24 | 06:05 AM
autotech13
Advanced

Originally Posted by Urlik
It means it’s been fixed by now.
Are you sure about that???
Old 09-10-24 | 09:47 AM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Originally Posted by autotech13
Are you sure about that???
They might have just sold or gotten rid of the car somehow as well, all things considered.
Old 09-13-24 | 08:36 AM
KJCPA
1st Gear

Default National Back Orders

I got a crack in my windshield (2024 RX350H) from a road rock, was told by my dealer it could be SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR to get a replacement in, citing a "national back order". Calling LEXUS Corporate did me no good, I've had my 4th call today after dealing with this for over a week, and NO ONE is helping me. LOVE my RX350H, but feel like I'm a piece of trash by LEXUS as well as my dealership. My wife is due a new car next year, we were planning on a Lexus for her as well, but given the "after-purchase" treatment, may very well look elsewhere.
autotech13 (09-14-24)

Quick Reply: Dont get accident , its short supply parts