RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Rear view mirror stays dim

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-24, 12:48 PM
Mils16
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear view mirror stays dim

I have a 2023 RX and my husband adjusted the position of the rear view mirror and it has since been darker, I guess staying in a dim mode. Possibly he pressed a button underneath the mirror with his thumb while adjusting it. I looked through the manual and watched some tutorials trying to figure out how to get the mirror back to the brightness it was when I bought it 6 months ago, but have not had any luck. I brought it to the dealership and after 3 days there, and being told they saw a difference, they could not find anything wrong. The mirror is noticeably darker. This is in traditional mirror mode, not in digital mode. Does anyone know how to fix this problem or have any suggestions? Thank you.
Old 04-23-24, 08:57 AM
Imolared
Driver School Candidate

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mils16
I have a 2023 RX and my husband adjusted the position of the rear view mirror and it has since been darker, I guess staying in a dim mode. Possibly he pressed a button underneath the mirror with his thumb while adjusting it. I looked through the manual and watched some tutorials trying to figure out how to get the mirror back to the brightness it was when I bought it 6 months ago, but have not had any luck. I brought it to the dealership and after 3 days there, and being told they saw a difference, they could not find anything wrong. The mirror is noticeably darker. This is in traditional mirror mode, not in digital mode. Does anyone know how to fix this problem or have any suggestions? Thank you.
It sounds like auto-dim is enabled, page 199 of the manual, do you see a difference when it's on and off?

■ Enabling/disabling the automatic anti-glare function (optical mirror mode) The automatic anti-glare function in the optical mirror mode can be enabled/disabled. The setting can be changed in both the digital mirror mode and the optical mirror mode.  When using the digital mirror mode P.198  When using the optical mirror mode 1 Press the menu button. The icons will be displayed. 2 Press or to enable (“ON”)/disable (“OFF”) the automatic anti-glare function. The icons will disappear if a button is not operated for approximately 5 seconds or more.

Last edited by Imolared; 04-23-24 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-23-24, 04:21 PM
Mils16
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imolared
It sounds like auto-dim is enabled, page 199 of the manual, do you see a difference when it's on and off?

■ Enabling/disabling the automatic anti-glare function (optical mirror mode) The automatic anti-glare function in the optical mirror mode can be enabled/disabled. The setting can be changed in both the digital mirror mode and the optical mirror mode.  When using the digital mirror mode P.198  When using the optical mirror mode 1 Press the menu button. The icons will be displayed. 2 Press or to enable (“ON”)/disable (“OFF”) the automatic anti-glare function. The icons will disappear if a button is not operated for approximately 5 seconds or more.
Thank you for replying. I tried that and do not see a difference when it's on and off.
Old 04-23-24, 04:25 PM
Markfm
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

It sounds like the auto-dim function maybe got stuck "on", and the sensor for it is broken, ignoring the switch to deactivate it. (Faulty sensor)
The following users liked this post:
Mils16 (04-25-24)
Old 04-23-24, 04:50 PM
Imolared
Driver School Candidate

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mils16
Thank you for replying. I tried that and do not see a difference when it's on and off.
Then that's a warranty issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by Imolared:
Markfm (04-23-24), Mils16 (04-25-24)