RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Problems with navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-24, 05:00 PM
kocator
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems with navigation screen

I purchased a brand new RX350h

Few days later after I picked up the car, when I plugged in the USB drive, it didn't work. Of the three USB drives, only one worked. So I thought it might be a problem with my USB drive and moved on. Because I never doubted this expensive luxurious car’s quality.

But very clearly there is a problem with the navigation screen.

Issues:
  1. The left button on the screen is not working on driving
  2. The screen turn to black on driving
  3. The screen is not properly displayed but weird on driving
  4. It is very hard to connect Bluetooth to my cellphone. I need to try several times "retry," I heard Lexus has a Bluetooth issue. Yes, now I am experiencing it.
Since this screen issue has been clearly captured on video, I don't expect to be told that it's normal. The reason why I captured video and phots is I was worried that your staff might tell me "no issue”. In Apr, I showed all the symptoms to dealershop technician, and he understood. I also showed service advisor all the videos I had taken over several months.

After thorough testing with dealershop staff with iphone and andriod phone through 2 days testing, both the staff and service advisor have acknowledged that there is a problem. I still decline the offer to replace the GPS Head Unit with a used one. This issue arose as soon as I picked up the car, but I never suspected it was a Lexus problem. I initially thought it was a problem with my USB. Therefore, it's not an issue that emerged after months. This implies that the GPS head unit included in the +$80,000 price tag is a brand new part, not a refurbished one.

I think the symptoms worsened after the navigation system was automatically updated a month or two ago, but I'm not sure. I also suspect the USB ports might be causing the issue, but I'm not sure.

I have already wasted a huge amount of time, effort, and gas by visiting the dealership several times and waiting for this problem to be resolved, but it has not been fixed. What I want is to have it replaced with a new one because the issue occurred as soon as I picked it up.
I can't accept replacing GPS head unit with a used, refurbished one.

How about your GPS head unit ?

Last edited by kocator; 07-03-24 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-03-24, 05:09 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Unusual but not impossible to have an issue with the screen. Hope you get it resolved soon.

And I agree, insist on new unit.

Last edited by chuckNX; 07-03-24 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-03-24, 05:15 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 585 Likes on 403 Posts

Sounds like a multimedia head unit issue to me. You wouldn’t be the first to get a bad one from the factory.
Old 07-04-24, 08:20 AM
QPL
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Only one of the usb ports in the front is for transferring media. The others are for power. This was what I found in my car. https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/resou...ures/usb-ports
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (07-04-24)