RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Way to label favourite addresses?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-24, 05:26 PM
AllanDL
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Way to label favourite addresses?

Hello everyone. I'm brand new here, so I hope this post is appropriate. I find the Lexus Nav system quite good at finding any address I enter into it. Even Garmin doesn't do as well. lol However I have a pet peave. Let's say I enter my brother's home address into the system, and save it as a favourite. Let's also say I enter several other favourite addresses as well. What I can't find, or maybe can't do is name each address. For instance if I've entered my brother's home address into the system, I can find no way to label it as, let's say, "Dave's Home Address". Is there a way to do that? Because if there isn't, all I'm left with is 50, 60 or a 100 addresses, but no way to know which address is which, if I come back to it several weeks, or months later. Am I missing something?

BTW, I am not using the app to enter addresses. I'm using the keyboard on the home screen in the car.
Thanks for reading.
Allan
The following users liked this post:
ColoradoDavid (08-17-24)
Old 08-17-24, 09:33 PM
ColoradoDavid
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by AllanDL
Hello everyone. I'm brand new here, so I hope this post is appropriate. I find the Lexus Nav system quite good at finding any address I enter into it. Even Garmin doesn't do as well. lol However I have a pet peave. Let's say I enter my brother's home address into the system, and save it as a favourite. Let's also say I enter several other favourite addresses as well. What I can't find, or maybe can't do is name each address. For instance if I've entered my brother's home address into the system, I can find no way to label it as, let's say, "Dave's Home Address". Is there a way to do that? Because if there isn't, all I'm left with is 50, 60 or a 100 addresses, but no way to know which address is which, if I come back to it several weeks, or months later. Am I missing something?

BTW, I am not using the app to enter addresses. I'm using the keyboard on the home screen in the car.
Thanks for reading.
Allan
I have the exact same question and hope there is an answer!
Old 08-18-24, 05:20 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 157 Posts

You MAY need to use the app...

I know that we couldn't save "HOME", except in the app.
Old 08-18-24, 07:54 AM
ColoradoDavid
Driver

Originally Posted by AllanDL

Thanks for reading.
Allan
I forgot I had asked and researched this before. The answer is with the current software version, it is impossible to add a name to an address. It is impossible in the Lexus app, and impossible using the in-care screen. Good luck memorizing all those addresses. I have the same situation and hope perhaps a future software version will address.
AllanDL (08-18-24)
Old 08-18-24, 09:43 AM
LexusCapybara
1st Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Is this what you're after?

1. Go to the Favourites list and select a saved location:

2. Tap the name/pencil icon in the pop-up on the right:

3. Add/edit name, then press OK on the keyboard:

4. Press the blue OK on the pop-up (not the back arrow):

5. Name should now be saved in the list and on the map:

The following 3 users liked this post by LexusCapybara:
ColoradoDavid (08-18-24), deaded (08-18-24), websurfer (08-18-24)
Old 08-18-24, 12:59 PM
AllanDL
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Software change

My software doesn't behave the way you have indicated. If i go to favorites and click on an address, all it does is give map directions. There is no pencil icon. The only pencil icon that is available is when the list of addresses is up. Clicking on that brings me to a screen that only allows me to delete an address. I wish Lexus would fix this. It is such a fundamental part of a GPS system, i honestly dont understand how Lexus could not have namig addresses as a fundamental feature. Very poor planning in my opinion.

Last edited by kitlz; 08-18-24 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-18-24, 03:46 PM
ColoradoDavid
Driver

Thank you @LexusCapybara , that is exactly the way I would expect it to work. But like @AllanDL says, I do not see the same screen you posted. I get map directions only with no way to do any address or name editing. Not sure why this is happening, if it is a bug in my software, or different Lexus models, or what. A mystery.

Last edited by kitlz; 08-18-24 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-18-24, 03:55 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 661 Likes on 448 Posts

It might be an Aussie only thing.
ColoradoDavid (08-18-24)
Old 08-18-24, 03:58 PM
ColoradoDavid
Driver

Originally Posted by Urlik
It might be an Aussie only thing.
As always, good eye @Urlik . Canada and US weighed in on "doesn't work that way for me" so far...
Urlik (08-18-24)