RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

2025 RX Changes Released

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 629 Likes on 431 Posts
Default 2025 RX Changes Released

Lexus US put out a press release today on the MY25 changes for the U.S. New F Sport Design trim, larger gauge screen, Black Line special edition RX500h (500 units), and more.
https://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus-be...ecial-edition/

Last edited by Urlik; Yesterday at 10:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ColoradoDavid (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
ColoradoDavid
Driver

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Urlik
Lexus US put out a press release today on the MY25 changes for the U.S. New F Sport Design trim, larger gauge screen, Black Line special edition RX500h (500 units), and more.
https://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus-be...ecial-edition/
Interesting. Seems like they are adding F-Sport design elements to other trim lines? The lineup seems confusing.
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by ColoradoDavid
Interesting. Seems like they are adding F-Sport design elements to other trim lines? The lineup seems confusing.
I don't get that myself either. Maybe it allows you to get the F-sport Exterior without the highly bolstered seats and available Grecian Water color?

Last edited by Urlik; Yesterday at 01:32 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 378 Likes on 247 Posts

Still no Ultra Sonic Blue that they debut the 5th gen RX on. And also why not an F sport on RX450H+?
NX450H+ has an F sport variance but not the RX.
Julius071 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
KennyE
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Would be nice if they included the manual shift back with the gear selector, rather than exclusively as paddle shifters.
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by KennyE
Would be nice if they included the manual shift back with the gear selector, rather than exclusively as paddle shifters.
Gotta admit, I accidentally put that p.o.s. in neutral driving down the road. My hand goes to it naturally when I put my arm on the arm rest and I moved it left without realizing.

Last edited by Urlik; Today at 08:07 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,544 Likes on 1,816 Posts

Incognito is a great color!
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
Urlik
Instructor

It was cool back when Audi did Nardo Gray a decade ago, now everyone has that color and it’s been overdone.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM
John89
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

It was cool back when Audi did Nardo Gray a decade ago, now everyone has that color and it’s been overdone.
I couldn't agree more, now you can get Kia/Hyundai or even Honda's in Nardo Gray!! Why is Lexus always late to party!! Come on Lexus release ultra sonic blue, at least that is true Lexus color and is avail overseas in RX. Lets be honest they are doing anything to sell 500h, maybe if they released new transmission with it and some wider tires some would sell.

This is basically what they did with prior generation with 2020 refresh, they released appearance F-sport package. Which I get because at least then you can get 350h with appearance, but whole point of F-sport is AVS,6 piston brakes and seats and transmission definitely tuned different. As ECU in manual has different software version for real F-sport. I guess there looking at Germans who do the same thing with fake Audi S line, Benz AMG and BMW M appearance package. It looks nice, but the point to have to internal parts of it.
Old Today, 10:09 AM
Tannoiser
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago (I live in Italy). Don't know if I'll have the 2025 model or not, what u think?
Another question: I think the most important change is the 12.3 multi-information display (MID) which will become standard across the lineup. As you know, does this new display give the possibility to visualize maps on the screen? It would be nice...
Ciao from Italy

Alessandro
Old Today, 10:33 AM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 288 Likes on 204 Posts

Great colour for a battleship.
Old Today, 10:34 AM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 288 Likes on 204 Posts

What will the price increase be?
Old Today, 10:49 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eagleboy99
What will the price increase be?
Not listed yet. Canada hasn't released the MY2025 changes yet either.
Old Today, 10:53 AM
Urlik
Instructor

...and electrical panels.
GW350H (Today)
Old Today, 11:01 AM
GW350H
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

As @Urlink said, I can't unsee it now from electrical panels! I thought it would be great initially due to contrast, but it's a flat-color that's so overdone, and really like Cloudburst Gray with the hint of blue since that has way more depth.

Originally Posted by Tannoiser
Another question: I think the most important change is the 12.3 multi-information display (MID) which will become standard across the lineup. As you know, does this new display give the possibility to visualize maps on the screen? It would be nice...
This was exactly what I was hoping for in the 2025 models and seems like Lexus finally ported it from the TX/Crown. But to answer the question about the new display - yes, with a caveat, that it mostly renders a portion of the map only through the on-board navigation satellite maps (i.e. not Apple/Google Maps when navigating an active route). Somewhat limited compared to other manufactures where it's the map of the entire MID, oh well maybe in a future software update but highly doubt it. This feature was what I was most excited for due to the customizability, and so today had to review what the TX was like for reference and capability, time mark of 1:49:00:

Last edited by GW350H; Today at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: 2025 RX Changes Released