RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

5th gen RX merged rumor and launch threads

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-22 | 09:08 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Deeps1
does the 500H come with a heated steering wheel.
It does on the Crown Platinum with the same powertrain, so to leave it off the 500h would be a huge oversight.
Old 10-30-22 | 10:43 AM
buckse
Rookie

SUMMER TIRES?
I noticed the F-Sport models seem to come with 235/50/R21 SUMMER TIRES. I've been looking around for an All-Season tire in this size and it seems like there are not a lot of options.

I got an RCF back in 2015 and the OEM summer tires were great until the temperature dropped down into the 40's and then they got so hard it was like driving on hockey pucks. First time I took a turn on a cold day I slid across two lanes and when I hit the brakes it was like I was on ice. At first I thought something was wrong with the car. It was my first set of summer tires. Luckily there were several good all-season tire options so I replaced them for my safety.

I'm a little worried about this RX tire situation. These are not really sports cars and it seems kind of stupid to put some high performance sticky summer tire on these SUVs like we are going to be running the Nurburgring. And since they are super sticky high performance summer tires, you will probably be lucky to get 10,000 miles out of a set of tires (before you crash when the weather gets cold =^)

Anyone else noticed this?
Old 10-30-22 | 10:58 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by buckse
SUMMER TIRES?
I noticed the F-Sport models seem to come with 235/50/R21 SUMMER TIRES. I've been looking around for an All-Season tire in this size and it seems like there are not a lot of options.

I got an RCF back in 2015 and the OEM summer tires were great until the temperature dropped down into the 40's and then they got so hard it was like driving on hockey pucks. First time I took a turn on a cold day I slid across two lanes and when I hit the brakes it was like I was on ice. At first I thought something was wrong with the car. It was my first set of summer tires. Luckily there were several good all-season tire options so I replaced them for my safety.

I'm a little worried about this RX tire situation. These are not really sports cars and it seems kind of stupid to put some high performance sticky summer tire on these SUVs like we are going to be running the Nurburgring. And since they are super sticky high performance summer tires, you will probably be lucky to get 10,000 miles out of a set of tires (before you crash when the weather gets cold =^)

Anyone else noticed this?
To me the whole RX500h is a mystery.

RX350h has everything this category of car needs and all this chassis can handle; as well as it's target audience wants.

If someone wants a sport SUV they will buy the real one not a wanna be.
Old 10-30-22 | 01:25 PM
rx500hIL
7th Gear

Originally Posted by buckse
SUMMER TIRES?
The all seasons appear to be a no cost option for the 500h:

Old 10-30-22 | 02:35 PM
jer
Instructor

Originally Posted by toyotaman7

RX350h has everything this category of car needs and all this chassis can handle; as well as it's target audience wants.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure there will be buyers for the 500h, however most will gravitate to the 350 or 350h.
Old 10-30-22 | 02:38 PM
jer
Instructor

On another note, has anyone received any info on 2023 previews at their dealership? Being nearly November, I expected to be able to see one in person by now.
Old 10-30-22 | 02:40 PM
rx500hIL
7th Gear

Originally Posted by toyotaman7

Not sure I agree here. I'm looking to buy the 500h as I want something a little more fun than the rx350/350h and I'm not interested in a German sports SUV like the X3 M40i for example due to depreciation and overall reliability concerns.

I also think the RX500h looks far better than the SQ5, X3 or the GLC.

Last edited by rx500hIL; 10-30-22 at 03:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ocluszn (11-05-22)
Old 10-30-22 | 03:52 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

10% of production is going to be the RX500h from earlier information posted here. So Lexus feels they can get 1 in 10 buyers to go for it.

Interesting comment about the tire size, considering that many of the optioned-up RX350s will use the 21" all season tire, I noticed on tirerack that only a single tire comes up in that size. Hopefully the dealers will carry tires for the new RX, because when customers have blowouts, the tire retailers are unlikely to have a replacement even for the all season tire.

The dealer previews have started - I have seen youtube clips from California and Texas and someone posted an invite from Oklahoma. How you find out about it is another story, unless you are on the reservation list already at a local dealer and get an invite.
Old 10-31-22 | 09:06 AM
Shaker604
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jer
On another note, has anyone received any info on 2023 previews at their dealership? Being nearly November, I expected to be able to see one in person by now.
I called one of the dealership up here in Canada in Vancouver and the SA told me they're expecting their test unit to arrive late November.
FMY421 (10-31-22)
Old 10-31-22 | 12:18 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Repeats the theme that the 350h is the "one to get", but they aren't producing that many. I am sticking with the turbo4, unless you are already on the list for the 350h, there is quickly going to be a 1+ year wait for it in the current insane/manipulated new car market.

Last edited by lexusnyca; 10-31-22 at 12:29 PM.
FMY421 (11-02-22)
Old 11-02-22 | 02:41 PM
marilik294
1st Gear

Just an FYI, looks like the building tool is live.
The following 2 users liked this post by marilik294:
FMY421 (11-02-22), nesh (11-02-22)
Old 11-02-22 | 02:47 PM
FMY421
Driver

MotorTrend - 2023 Lexus RX Trim Guide: What’s the Best Version of This Popular Luxury SUV?
Old 11-02-22 | 04:30 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

A decent summary article, although their conclusion differs from others who say the 350h is the way to go (assuming you have time to wait for one to arrive). It will be a long time before a custom order would be fulfilled, so early buyers are going to have to take the higher trim levels that are produced, as opposed to a Premium bulked up with individually selected custom options.
Old 11-04-22 | 08:49 AM
TaiTN
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
If those production ratios posted earlier for the hybrid are true, I am betting that there will quickly be a 1+ year wait for the 350h - Lexus has underestimated demand for it I think. I told my dealer I am sticking with the gas engine for my reservation, but only because I don't drive that many miles per year.

I just got my allocation today. Had switched my deposit from a NX350h to RX350H last month. The build date is in Canada in two weeks. The dealership told me they only got 1 allocation for 2023 RX.hybrid and a normal 350 The hybrid is Nightfall Mica/black int in LUX trim. The two main options missing are Pano Camera and Mark Levinson sound system. I really wanted the surround view camera system but I'm guessing that and/or Mark Levinson option will probably cause major delays. One thing to note is both the hybrid and standard model have captains chair instead of a bench for the second row. This is a no cost option but found it strange since I can't find any YouTube videos showing the vehicle with captains chair.
Old 11-04-22 | 09:25 AM
jer
Instructor

Originally Posted by TaiTN
I just got my allocation today. Had switched my deposit from a NX350h to RX350H last month. The build date is in Canada in two weeks. The dealership told me they only got 1 allocation for 2023 RX.hybrid and a normal 350 The hybrid is Nightfall Mica/black int in LUX trim. The two main options missing are Pano Camera and Mark Levinson sound system. I really wanted the surround view camera system but I'm guessing that and/or Mark Levinson option will probably cause major delays. One thing to note is both the hybrid and standard model have captains chair instead of a bench for the second row. This is a no cost option but found it strange since I can't find any YouTube videos showing the vehicle with captains chair.
Not seeing any mention of captains chairs for second row. This would essentially make this a 4 passenger vehicle which I don't see Lexus doing in the RX.

Quick Reply: 5th gen RX merged rumor and launch threads