RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

5th gen RX merged rumor and launch threads

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-22, 04:06 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 390 Likes on 265 Posts

10K over MSRP? That's crazy, that's Porsche or Range Rover level - try someplace else. Lexus has to move huge numbers of these cars for it to be a success, startup might be slow but dealer allocations eventually must be plentiful for them to reach their sales targets.

Apparently the preview event has reached Jacksonville:

The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (11-10-22)
Old 11-10-22, 05:33 PM
TaiTN
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteInGilr
I just placed an order for the exact same car. Dealer says about 4 months out. My dealer also tacks on $10k over MSRP. Hate that!!
That's insane. Neither of the Lexus dealers here are allowed to charge over MSRP. I would look around or wait rather than pay any markup.
Old 11-11-22, 11:07 AM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

being Inpatient has a price. Happens to me all the time.
Old 11-11-22, 12:27 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (11-11-22)
Old 11-11-22, 12:30 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Originally Posted by fodalo
being Inpatient has a price. Happens to me all the time.
You aren't going to get it any sooner than anyone else. I don't think Lexus is going to "broker" their allocations based on who pays the most ADM (Porsche and Land Rover are doing that with the 911 and the Range Rovers). Maybe I am wrong. There are just too many of these that Lexus has to sell, the RX is one third of all Lexus yearly sales.
Old 11-11-22, 01:32 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

one reason i pulled the trigger on the Mrs. 2022 RX was a last year model and wanted the six cyl,. they were dealing because the 2023's were on the way.
Old 11-14-22, 03:19 PM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Panorama Camera as an option

I have a deposit on a 350h luxury and was told I was fourth in line. I have gotten very used to the panoramic camera in my other vehicles and find it strange that my current Highlander Platinum includes this as part of their standard package, but it is an option on the highest trim level RX.

I told my salesman this option was a must, but those that I have seen hit other dealerships have not had this camera. I find it strange that this is not almost an automatic option on the luxury RXs and would feel like I was going backwards if my vehicle did not have this.

Has anyone seen any of the luxury RXs that had this, or any idea why almost all would not have it? Chip shortage?
Old 11-14-22, 03:37 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

4th position is good, especially on the hybrid. This one at my local dealer, has it (not a hybrid however):

https://www.lexusoffreeport.com/resr...BAMCAXPC001928
Old 11-14-22, 03:56 PM
anakin
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some input on RX model

Hi:

My third post here (not sure if I need to post on multiple year based thread or not). I am planning to buy either a NX or RX model. However, I am getting conflicting information from different sales people. Few years ago Toyota had announced that starting 2021 they would implement automatic engine shutoff if the vehicle is left unattended. (Press release: https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...hicle-line-up/ ).

Bear in mind this is different than auto stop and start feature when you are at a traffic light. Pl. watch a short 3 min. video (of course it is for a Toyota) to get the idea.

So does 2023 RX shut off by itself?
Old 11-14-22, 04:02 PM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Cool. That’s the first one I’ve seen. Thanks. I called last Saturday and they had just started taking names and deposits. It sounded like if you called before they were “ready” to take deposits you wouldn’t be in line until their deposit process was up and running. I think I got lucky and threaded the proverbial needle. I had called another dealer a couple of days earlier and he just took my name. Doubt I will hear back from him.
Old 11-14-22, 05:03 PM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hefty
I have a deposit on a 350h luxury and was told I was fourth in line. I have gotten very used to the panoramic camera in my other vehicles and find it strange that my current Highlander Platinum includes this as part of their standard package, but it is an option on the highest trim level RX.

I told my salesman this option was a must, but those that I have seen hit other dealerships have not had this camera. I find it strange that this is not almost an automatic option on the luxury RXs and would feel like I was going backwards if my vehicle did not have this.

Has anyone seen any of the luxury RXs that had this, or any idea why almost all would not have it? Chip shortage?
Exactly. I have seen a few 350h Lux builds from different dealers, none had the panoramic camera or advanced park. I saw both on 500h builds though. I asked one of the dealers and they were a little surprised too but no idea why.
Old 11-15-22, 03:50 PM
FMY421
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Window stickers are showing up on dealership websites. One of my local dealers shows ten 350 luxury models on their site, and only one has the Mark Levinson sound system. Bad news if you want that feature, looks like a casualty of supply shortage. 9 of the 10 have Macadamia leather.
Old 11-16-22, 07:18 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Ten luxury models at one dealer? That's alot, must be a very big dealer. I am going with that trim level also, want to see the peppercorn color interior before deciding which color to get. Good to see some real inventory moving now for this vehicle.
Old 11-18-22, 09:40 AM
FMY421
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

My dealer tells me Mark Levinson is not going to be available for 6+ months due to chip shortage.
Old 11-18-22, 09:45 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Originally Posted by FMY421
My dealer tells me Mark Levinson is not going to be available for 6+ months due to chip shortage.
Wow. Well, I didn't want it anyway, I don't listen to much music.

I actually got an allocation assigned to me at my dealer, but turned it down because I want the Luxury trim level and several of the options they package with it. I don't really want the LED lights, but I will take them if the allocation is otherwise a match for all the other stuff I want.

Quick Reply: 5th gen RX merged rumor and launch threads