RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

5th gen RX merged rumor and launch threads

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-22, 08:10 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,545 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
I am on a waiting list for a 2023 350h premium+ with hud, panoramic view monitor, digital key and mirror. List at $57,755 which is $5,000 more than my wifes 2023 NX 350 h with similar equipment coming at the end of this month. I was surprised the RX was just $5,000 more than the NX.
$58K not too bad. Our 2017 with about $75K miles is still in perfect shape so we're in no rush to line dealer's bank accounts with market adjustments etc. I receive promotional letters from our Lexus dealer every few weeks for both of our cars. COME IN WE HAVE A TERRIFIC DEAL FOR YOU! In the garbage they go.
Old 11-23-22, 09:43 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 396 Likes on 269 Posts

I don't know why manufacturers advertise "sales" anymore, when they don't deal. That said, my local Lexus dealer has 48 NXs in stock and 14 inbound 2023 RXes (not sure how many are spoken for). You would think on the 48 NXs, they are dealing, that's a lot of inventory in a declining economy. But they are so addicted to marking up over MSRP now, they will never give it up until their floor plan totally collapses. And even then as you note, customers who have been fed up with markups for the last two years are in no rush to come back in as buyers if their current car is running fine.

I am not even going to talk price on my 2023 RX reservation until an actual vehicle I would accept, is scheduled to arrive.
Old 11-23-22, 03:13 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Cars are arriving at dealers:
Old 11-23-22, 06:50 PM
Kelvin2020
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone test drive the new RX yet?
Old 11-24-22, 06:27 AM
BumbleD
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelvin2020
Anyone test drive the new RX yet?
I did test drive the 350h. I can't compare it to the 2022 450h though, because I have no experience with that. But compared to the regular 2022 RX350, my first impressions are:

- Instant torque from 0km/h is super satisfying, but the torque curve flattens pretty quick, right about where the V6 started to pick up steam, so that's an adjustment for sure.

- The overall drive feel is more crisp, more focused, the body is more rigid, but at the same time, the suspension is somehow more comfortable and smoother than my 2022. Even on 19 inch wheels compared to my 18 inch ones. That's a major improvement, the 2022 can feel boaty at times, the new one feels way more "european" in how it behaves.

- Seats (non F Sport) are suuuuuper comfortable, moreso than in the 2022 (also non F Sport). The bolstering is juuust right this time. And even though the seat offer better support, the surface cushioning is softer than in the 2022. I am loving that.

- The fit and finish is a bit more humble (at least in the base Premium trim vs the 2022 Premium) but overall feels more consistent and solid.

- The best surprise, for me, is the base sound system. Compared to the base system in the 2022, it is a HUGE improvement. Crystal clear, tight bass, the sound doesn't get lost in the cabin like in the 2022, you can feel the music pulse in the whole body of the car, but in the best way possible. Seriously, it almost defeats the purpose of paying extra for the Mark Levinson (although I haven't compared both so take that with a grain of salt )

- Of course, coming from the V6, the new hybrid drivetrain based around the 2.5 liters, 4 cylinder A25A-FXS sounds a bit whiny and buzzy, but that was to be expected. It's also a matter of adjusting how you deliver the power through the gas pedal. It's different for sure, and most people won't buy a hybrid for the beauty of the engine note anyway. That said, the RX does a great job of muffling the harshness compared to what I've heard in the NX350h videos.

So yeah, those are my first impressions off the top of my head. All in all, a great new gen, peppier, well behaved. A worthy descendant of the 4th gen even though we will all miss the V6.

Last edited by BumbleD; 11-24-22 at 06:33 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by BumbleD:
annielexus (11-25-22), Deeps1 (11-24-22), FMY421 (11-25-22), jollick (11-26-22)
Old 11-24-22, 07:38 AM
WolfyLS460
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BumbleD
I did test drive the 350h... All in all, a great new gen, peppier, well behaved. A worthy descendant of the 4th gen even though we will all miss the V6.
Newer is always better, right? However, for those who keep their cars for a long time, it also means higher maintenance costs (more electronics, smaller blown engine, etc.) We'll see if the new leather seats crack easily like in previous-gen RX's.

Old 11-24-22, 08:13 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

A new review of a Luxury trim model:

The following 3 users liked this post by lexusnyca:
BumbleD (11-24-22), FMY421 (11-25-22), PeteInGilr (11-24-22)
Old 11-25-22, 08:07 AM
Ago1977
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ciao community, anyone of you have already signed contract for the new RX23 in Europe (I'm in Italy)?
Does your dealer positioned you how much time need to wait before receiving RX?
In my case she told me 6 months starting from November (I'm the first in the queue), but today she called me, telling me that he received a communication from Lexus that the RXs with the luxury package had the Mark Levinson system included in the package until yesterday but from today the Mark Levinson is no longer included in the luxury package and they will install the basic audio system. He asked me if I wanted to confirm the Mark Levinson package and in this case the car would have taken a year to arrive instead of 6 months ....... tell me it's not like that !!!! Has anyone had any experience like this?

Do you have any experience with the base audio installed?
Old 11-25-22, 08:14 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Yes there are posts here about the ML not coming in these initial production runs because of parts shortages, although some posters have noted stickers from actual US cars that do have it. So there is still a chance. Can't comment about Italy deliveries, but cars are arriving at dealers in the US already. The 350h is going to be a lot harder to get than the 350, but if you are #1 in the queue, that is probably a wash for you. Below for example is an actual car at my local dealer, notice it does have the ML. They are going to have trouble selling this car actually because its FWD only, really should have sent this car to the south/southwest part of the US and not to the northeast.

https://www.lexusoffreeport.com/resr...BAMBA4PC001134

Last edited by lexusnyca; 11-25-22 at 08:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jollick (11-26-22)
Old 11-25-22, 09:07 PM
Ago1977
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ago1977
Ciao community, anyone of you have already signed contract for the new RX23 in Europe (I'm in Italy)?
In my case she told me 6 months starting from November (I'm the first in the queue), but today she called me, telling me that he received a communication from Lexus that the RXs with the luxury package had the Mark Levinson system included in the package until yesterday but from today the Mark Levinson is no longer included in the luxury package and they will install the basic audio system. He asked me if I wanted to confirm the Mark Levinson package and in this case the car would have taken a year to arrive instead of 6 months ....... tell me it's not like that !!!! Has anyone had any experience like this?

Do you have any experience with the basic audio system installed?
I forgot to mention RX 450h+ is the model ordered
Old 11-26-22, 07:22 PM
FMY421
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ago1977

Do you have any experience with the base audio installed?
https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales...here_ive_been/
The discussion is US/Canada based so keep that in mind.
Old 11-27-22, 05:19 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,140 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
I don't know why manufacturers advertise "sales" anymore, when they don't deal. That said, my local Lexus dealer has 48 NXs in stock and 14 inbound 2023 RXes (not sure how many are spoken for). You would think on the 48 NXs, they are dealing, that's a lot of inventory in a declining economy. But they are so addicted to marking up over MSRP now, they will never give it up until their floor plan totally collapses. And even then as you note, customers who have been fed up with markups for the last two years are in no rush to come back in as buyers if their current car is running fine.

I am not even going to talk price on my 2023 RX reservation until an actual vehicle I would accept, is scheduled to arrive.
Agree 100% with the sales advertisement. The new December to Remember sale is you should feel lucky you are paying only MSRP.

My Lexus salesperson and others have told me and I agree 100% that we are in a new world of new car buying. The days of a dealer having 3-400 new cars on their lot is gone. If the average turnover for a car sale is six weeks especially with interest rates high their floor plan interest wipes out their profit. They will have a few colors and models for test driving and we will be waiting for a delivery of a certain color and options like me now with the 2023 NX and RX and will be ordering.

Last edited by Freds430; 11-27-22 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-27-22, 09:52 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Originally Posted by Freds430
Agree 100% with the sales advertisement. The new December to Remember sale is you should feel lucky you are paying only MSRP.

My Lexus salesperson and others have told me and I agree 100% that we are in a new world of new car buying. The days of a dealer having 3-400 new cars on their lot is gone. If the average turnover for a car sale is six weeks especially with interest rates high their floor plan interest wipes out their profit. They will have a few colors and models for test driving and we will be waiting for a delivery of a certain color and options like me now with the 2023 NX and RX and will be ordering.
The NX however seems to be in good supply - my local dealer here has 48 of them.
Old 11-28-22, 10:25 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,545 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfyLS460
Newer is always better, right? However, for those who keep their cars for a long time, it also means higher maintenance costs (more electronics, smaller blown engine, etc.) We'll see if the new leather seats crack easily like in previous-gen RX's.
To me NEW means Never Ever Worked. You just don't know what you're getting with a new gen.
Old 12-04-22, 04:30 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Interesting to see them install the front plate mount (4:50), look like they have some preassigned attach points behind the spindle grill for it. I was wondering whether you had to use one of those custom zero touch mounting brackets on this car.

Last edited by lexusnyca; 12-05-22 at 09:51 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by lexusnyca:
exonw (12-31-22), FMY421 (12-07-22), HarborAreaTech (03-02-24)

Quick Reply: 5th gen RX merged rumor and launch threads