RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 5RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-23, 02:08 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Does anyone have pics of RX350 Luxury w peppercorn interior. Pics from Lexus website appear much darker than the pics I see videos online
Old 01-27-23, 02:17 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

Another video. Peppercorn is dark, and has multiple tones to it.
Old 01-27-23, 03:40 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Does anyone have pics of RX350 Luxury w peppercorn interior. Pics from Lexus website appear much darker than the pics I see videos online
See also post #19.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post11429976
Old 01-27-23, 05:03 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes the video from Kenny Vaceek really throws it off bc it looks very light w all the lighting. Lexus website pics look much darker.
Old 01-28-23, 08:15 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Iheartmyrx
Hi! Picked up my 2023 RX350 Premium + yesterday and I’m so excited! Nebula gray with palomino interior. 21 inch wheels, HUD, digital mirror, heated/ventilated rear seats, cold weather package and so much more. Replaced my very old, but trusty 2011 RX.

I feel like they should host a class explaining all the bells and whistles, cause I’m overwhelmed! 😝

You could post a bunch of questions here, each as a new topic. And tick everyone off. Like I did 😉.

Seriously, I think I asked about the stuff you’ll wanna know that’s not intuitive. Peruse this 5th Gen RX list of threads. And soon new YouTube videos will come online I’m sure.

And congrats on your RX. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
The following users liked this post:
Iheartmyrx (02-05-23)
Old 01-30-23, 03:18 PM
SGW
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up our RX500h two weeks ago
Navigation
Caviar Exterior Rioja Red interior
First new car since 2007 and struggling to get up to speed with all the features
1Louder (01-31-23)
Old 01-30-23, 05:45 PM
cwpearre
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Our 2023 RX350 w/ Luxury package was delivered last week! Nav, 14 inch display, traffic jam assist, HUD, etc. All of the options except rear heated/ventilated seats, power rear seats, and ML audio. The standard premium audio system is very good IMO. Still learning all of the technology, but loving it so far. I did find that turning off the "nanny cam" over the steering wheel was definitely a better choice. I'm one of those book nerds that reads the manual front to back , so I will try to refrain from asking questions I can find in the manual. Great to be here and share the Lexus experience!
The following 2 users liked this post by cwpearre:
bzb (01-30-23), FMY421 (02-11-23)
Old 01-31-23, 05:30 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by cwpearre
Our 2023 RX350 w/ Luxury package was delivered last week! Nav, 14 inch display, traffic jam assist, HUD, etc. All of the options except rear heated/ventilated seats, power rear seats, and ML audio. The standard premium audio system is very good IMO. Still learning all of the technology, but loving it so far. I did find that turning off the "nanny cam" over the steering wheel was definitely a better choice. I'm one of those book nerds that reads the manual front to back , so I will try to refrain from asking questions I can find in the manual. Great to be here and share the Lexus experience!
The manual for my 2013 is 1000 pages long...is yours that lengthy? Have fun!
daryll40 (01-31-23)
Old 02-02-23, 03:58 PM
Tacoshawn
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi all, Joined RX world with a Nebula Gray/Rioja Red 500h earlier this week.

Picked it up from Longo Lexus. No ADM. We had a deposit with the Lexus side on RX and with the Toyota side on a R4P. The RX came in first and the R4P was still months away.

It replaces the better-half’s Honda Odyssey. I’ll drive her Odyssey as I sold my Jaguar XF in the pandemic and just recently transitioned my 2nd Gen Tacoma to our son. In the original plan I expected to have my Bronco Wildtrak in hand to replace both the XF and the Tacoma. No idea if I’ll get the Ford in late 2023 or if it will be a 2024.

Regardless, it is her RX and I do like it. Quiet like the XF, has good get up and go (the XF 5.0L V8 was fantastic). AWD is a great addition. Base sound system is OK.

An additional and positive comment. In some aspects the RX drives in a way that reminds me of my mk 3 Supra turbo. Certainly not the fastest, a little heavy, but composed, quick, comfortable with a nice interior. Weird comment I realize, but there are elements that are familiar.

Last edited by Tacoshawn; 02-02-23 at 05:26 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Tacoshawn:
FMY421 (02-02-23), Julius071 (02-02-23), RDLGX (02-11-23)
Old 02-14-23, 07:49 PM
Cmf08
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone! I got my 2023 RX350 Premium at the end on January. I had (and loved) an 2018 RX but it was totaled in car accident. The car performed great in my car accident (kept me and my two kids safe), so I knew right away that I wanted another RX. So I went on a hunt and found one. It didn’t have all of the bells and whistles that I wanted but I was in need of one quickly and it was the color way I wanted (iridium and black).

My main thing was I wanted it’s exterior to be similar to my beloved 2018 RX, in that I wanted it to have running boards and cross bars. The running boards made getting in/out so much easier for my kids (3&5) and honestly me too at 5’3”. When I purchased the vehicle, the parts department told me the running boards were available for me to order. Great, I thought. I placed the $700 order, dropped the car off a few days later at the dealer. They called at 4:45 to tell me they were unable to install the running boards because there were no pre drilled holes that are usually present and necessary for installation. It seems the issue is FWD vs AWD. I was told they checked and the AWD had the pre drilled holes, while my FWD did not. I was told they would not be able to do it because the had to drill(?) and that I could try elsewhere. This was and continues to be incredibly frustrating as I watch my kids struggle to get in/out of the car daily. I don’t know what to do about it… wait and see maybe (see if someone else encounters this issue too)

Does any know when accessories usually become available for the newest model year online? It’s February and the parts site doesn’t even let you select any 2023 vehicle. I’m looking for the all-weather floor liners (not mats) and all-weather cargo mat and cross bars.

Last edited by Cmf08; 02-14-23 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-15-23, 06:03 AM
hugsmindy
Driver

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmf08
Hi everyone! I got my 2023 RX350 Premium at the end on January. I had (and loved) an 2018 RX but it was totaled in car accident. The car performed great in my car accident (kept me and my two kids safe), so I knew right away that I wanted another RX. So I went on a hunt and found one. It didn’t have all of the bells and whistles that I wanted but I was in need of one quickly and it was the color way I wanted (iridium and black).

My main thing was I wanted it’s exterior to be similar to my beloved 2018 RX, in that I wanted it to have running boards and cross bars. The running boards made getting in/out so much easier for my kids (3&5) and honestly me too at 5’3”. When I purchased the vehicle, the parts department told me the running boards were available for me to order. Great, I thought. I placed the $700 order, dropped the car off a few days later at the dealer. They called at 4:45 to tell me they were unable to install the running boards because there were no pre drilled holes that are usually present and necessary for installation. It seems the issue is FWD vs AWD. I was told they checked and the AWD had the pre drilled holes, while my FWD did not. I was told they would not be able to do it because the had to drill(?) and that I could try elsewhere. This was and continues to be incredibly frustrating as I watch my kids struggle to get in/out of the car daily. I don’t know what to do about it… wait and see maybe (see if someone else encounters this issue too)

Does any know when accessories usually become available for the newest model year online? It’s February and the parts site doesn’t even let you select any 2023 vehicle. I’m looking for the all-weather floor liners (not mats) and all-weather cargo mat and cross bars.
I would look around for an aftermarket shop who can install the running boards for you. Lexus COULD do it, they just don’t want to do the drilling. As for the cross bars and all-weather mats, order them through your dealer. It may take a little time to get them in, but they will come in. I ordered my cargo all-weather mat through my dealer and it only took 2 weeks to come in. The floor all-weathers came with the car.

Congrats on your new Lexus…you will love it, I’m sure. And really glad to hear everyone is safe from the accident.
Old 02-16-23, 04:08 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 02-16-23, 04:36 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

That is beautiful!!
Old 02-16-23, 04:52 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

2023 RX 350h Luxury
Caviar exterior with Macadamia/Bamboo interior
Navigation (but use Waze on iPhone)
Cold area pkg. Mark Levinson Sound, Pano roof, Heat/Vent front and back seats, Heads up display, Digital rearview mirror, auto-dimming driver side mirror (don't like it)
I traded in my 2022 RX 450h Nightfall Mica & Birch. 22 had only 6500 miles on it, but I really loved the 5th generation

redesign and hated the mousepad.

Last edited by tedward155; 02-22-23 at 02:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tedward155:
CCGS (09-09-23), daryll40 (02-17-23)
Old 02-17-23, 02:40 PM
KennethGS
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tedward155
2023 RX 350h Luxury
Caviar exterior with Macadamia/Bamboo interior
Navigation (but use Waze on iPhone)
Cold area pkg. Mark Levinson Sound, Pano roof, Heat/Vent front and back seats, Heads up display, Digital rearview mirror, auto-dimming driver side mirror (don't like it)
I traded in my 2022 RX 450h Nightfall Mica & Birch. 22 had only 6500 miles on it, but I really loved the 5th generation
redesign and hated the mousepad.
Really pretty combo on the interior - I love highly contrasting looks like this. I wish they had a light-colored interior on the 500h.
tedward155 (02-17-23)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 5RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE