RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 5RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-01, 07:45 AM
Welcome to CL
Official Welcome Wagon

Received 174 Likes on 27 Posts
Exclamation Welcome to Club Lexus! 5RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Members,

When you get your RX, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. RX model
2. Navigation or no navigation
3. Color or the exterior and interior
4. Option Packages
5. Sport model?
etc

Other details such as pictures you might have of your RX or tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-07-22 at 04:40 PM.

Popular Reply

10-06-23, 05:51 PM
BlueLex350
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi all

Sold my 2016 IS350 F sport back in April and just got my new car in Aug after a 8 month long wait. It was worth it though.

1. RX model - RX 350h AWD

2. Navigation
3. Color exterior and interior - Nebula Grey and Black
4. Option Packages - premium

I just finished putting 3m on the whole car.
Xpel stealth for anything that I left grey, then the roof was vinyl wrapped black then a gloss xpel over top of it. Also had the chrome deleted. To finish it all off I had the car ceramic coated with 10 coats. I think it look sick myself

Some other basic mods like illuminated door and trunk sills, running boards, Lexus puddle lamp, block heater, OEM Lexus side visors, 2” tow hitch with wire harness and 2ch dash cam.

Old 12-15-22, 10:54 AM
pikenp
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Picked up 500H F Sport last month.
It's a Sonic Copper with Black/Gray interior
All options are Factory Installed except ML.
Did not pay dealer market adjustment.

I will post pics soon.

Last edited by pikenp; 12-29-22 at 03:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Julius071 (12-16-22)
Old 12-31-22, 07:42 AM
maadfw
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile Picked up my RX350h!

Thank you all for your feedback and help on this forum. I was lucky to be able to pick up one without going through reservation! I had to drive from Dallas to San Antonio to pick up one and that gave a nice opportunity to have an extended drive time back.

Overall, the dealership experience was top notch at North Park Lexus and they even took care of dropping my rental car.

Few observations on rx350h from my perspective.

1. Prior to purchase, I wondered how the 4-cylinder engine can pull a heavy vehicle like RX. That was addressed in the first few minutes. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall acceleration and merging into highways without any issues. It even hit 80+ when I didn't want to
2. The engine noise is also fine with me, when the 4-cylinder kicks in and accelerates, it is more of a mild purring noise than groans to my ears.
3. Tried the phones Decibel X app to measure the noise in high ways. It is pretty quiet, even while cruising at 70+ mph in I-35, the meter was reading around low-to-mid 50s. Again, I just checked 2-3 times for few minutes total, not an extensive test. Absolutely thrilled with this performance as cabin quietness is the main reason I chose Lexus.
4. Mine came with Michelin Primacy tiers and may be that helped as well.
5. Took the vehicle from dealership and drove 305 miles to home and still have nearly half a gas tank left!
6. Adaptive cruise works great, but didn't use it for extended time. My previous car salesman suggested NOT to use cruise during the engine break-in period.

The driver door closing to me is kind of a stepdown from Acura (coming from 2003 TL!). It doesn't close surely the first time. I will keep an eye on it. Overall, very happy with this purchase.

-maadfw

Last edited by maadfw; 12-31-22 at 07:47 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by maadfw:
BumbleD (01-03-23), FMY421 (01-01-23), ggebhardt (04-05-23), ioneldinu (05-08-23), pikenp (12-31-22), tedward155 (02-16-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-31-22, 07:52 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

What's wrong with the driver door closing? The sounds it makes? If its not latching without slamming it, it needs to be adjusted.
Old 12-31-22, 10:25 AM
maadfw
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
What's wrong with the driver door closing? The sounds it makes? If its not latching without slamming it, it needs to be adjusted.
Hi lexusnyca,

The main issue is the driver side door doesn't close without some force (not exactly slamming, but it does need some distance and force). Even otherwise, the door is somewhat "lighter" than acura one I am familar with. I will text the dealership to see if the doors can be adjusted.

Thanks for the pointer.
-maadfw
Old 12-31-22, 12:52 PM
Old Jedi
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Could it be that the car is just airtight? Perhaps you have climate control on recirc, or off, and not venting to outside air? Try it with a window cracked and see if it shuts easier.
dklanecky1 (01-01-23)
Old 12-31-22, 01:47 PM
maadfw
Rookie

Originally Posted by GlennGreen
Could it be that the car is just airtight? Perhaps you have climate control on recirc, or off, and not venting to outside air? Try it with a window cracked and see if it shuts easier.
Wow, you are so right! It works much better with window open slightly. I have my kid tested it, earlier he couldn't close properly with 5 tries, now it works every time. Thank so much for sharing this tip, I could have never guessed it. Should the window be open for this to close properly?

-maadfw
Old 12-31-22, 01:52 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

Do the other 3 doors have the same issue? Something still doesn't sounds right, reviewers didn't mention this. Try the other 3 doors and see if its the same thing. You can't ride around with a window cracked open just to be able to close the door.
Old 12-31-22, 01:56 PM
maadfw
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
Do the other 3 doors have the same issue? Something still doesn't sounds right, reviewers didn't mention this. Try the other 3 doors and see if its the same thing. You can't ride around with a window cracked open just to be able to close the door.
agree, I will keep observing the behavior to see if it is a bothersome issue. Right now, it is only day 1 of ownership, don't want to cry "wolf" yet. The other doors don't seem to have this issue (or at least not as pronounced).

-maadfw
Old 12-31-22, 03:00 PM
HawkLX23
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maadfw
Thank you all for your feedback and help on this forum. I was lucky to be able to pick up one without going through reservation! I had to drive from Dallas to San Antonio to pick up one and that gave a nice opportunity to have an extended drive time back.

Overall, the dealership experience was top notch at North Park Lexus and they even took care of dropping my rental car.

Few observations on rx350h from my perspective.

1. Prior to purchase, I wondered how the 4-cylinder engine can pull a heavy vehicle like RX. That was addressed in the first few minutes. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall acceleration and merging into highways without any issues. It even hit 80+ when I didn't want to
2. The engine noise is also fine with me, when the 4-cylinder kicks in and accelerates, it is more of a mild purring noise than groans to my ears.
3. Tried the phones Decibel X app to measure the noise in high ways. It is pretty quiet, even while cruising at 70+ mph in I-35, the meter was reading around low-to-mid 50s. Again, I just checked 2-3 times for few minutes total, not an extensive test. Absolutely thrilled with this performance as cabin quietness is the main reason I chose Lexus.
4. Mine came with Michelin Primacy tiers and may be that helped as well.
5. Took the vehicle from dealership and drove 305 miles to home and still have nearly half a gas tank left!
6. Adaptive cruise works great, but didn't use it for extended time. My previous car salesman suggested NOT to use cruise during the engine break-in period.

The driver door closing to me is kind of a stepdown from Acura (coming from 2003 TL!). It doesn't close surely the first time. I will keep an eye on it. Overall, very happy with this purchase.

-maadfw
Congratulations! Please keep us posted on your door closing issue with all doors. A lot of folks are worried about new door design - wondering if it will be a problem for my kid and back door.
Old 12-31-22, 06:17 PM
Old Jedi
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I woudn't say the window needs to be open for the door to close properly, nor that you would be driving around with the window open. I have seen this before. You can just let your kids close their doors first, and you be last--since you know how to use a bit more force. I would also check to be sure recirc is off, and climte is set to auto. That should open outside air vent, which accomplishes the same thing as cracking a window. I bet in time you will see this issue resolve itself. Door gaskets might just need to settle in/compress a bit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Old Jedi:
dklanecky1 (01-01-23), maadfw (01-01-23)
Old 01-01-23, 08:32 AM
Airstream
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Congrats

Congratulations on the RX350H. Did you get the Caviar Luxury with Mac interior at North Park? I have a Nebula on reserve at North Park Dominion but really wanted Caviar. It’s good to hear it is quiet and smooth!
Old 01-01-23, 11:25 AM
maadfw
Rookie

Originally Posted by Airstream
Congratulations on the RX350H. Did you get the Caviar Luxury with Mac interior at North Park? I have a Nebula on reserve at North Park Dominion but really wanted Caviar. It’s good to hear it is quiet and smooth!
Hi Airstream,

I picked up the Nori Green Pearl with Black interior with Premium trim. I was worried how the Black interior would look and it is actually much better than the pictures indicate.

-maadfw
FMY421 (01-01-23)
Old 01-01-23, 11:38 AM
Airstream
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nori is a beautiful color! My husband has a GX Blackline in Nori and gets a lot of complements on the color. My incoming Nebula also has black seats and I was worried about them looking too generic with no contrast but in the videos I’ve seen they look really good. Enjoy!
maadfw (01-01-23)
Old 01-02-23, 06:09 PM
JH48
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello everyone

My wife and I picked up my RX last Week. originally reserved for the 450h plug in. Last mins changed to get the RX350h sooner.

Rx350h AWD
Navigation
Exterior White. interior Black
Luxury Package without Ml and 360 cameras

no mark up from Longo Lexus

im currently driving 22 Model Y Performance. Need a hybrid for long road trip with the kids

so far only got 51 miles on it. Will see how many miles per tank

Last edited by JH48; 01-02-23 at 06:17 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by JH48:
CCGS (09-09-23), dreamG (01-03-23), Hefty (01-05-23), Julius071 (01-02-23), maadfw (01-03-23), NME (03-05-24), PopsRX (01-13-24), tedward155 (02-16-23) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 5RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE