RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-22, 08:14 AM
PrimeDave
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I see. How unfortunate for you all, that this is going on. Either way, welcome to the Lexus family.
Old 12-11-22, 08:20 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 406 Likes on 271 Posts

I wonder when this change will make it to the Production line.

This explains the issue that other poster talked about, not able to get the app to work.
Old 12-11-22, 09:45 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 722 Likes on 529 Posts

There were many similar reports when the new generation NX was released last year. I hoped this meant the new technologies would be a bit more stable by the time they released the next model. Surprising for a company like Toyota, even in light of the chip shortage challenges. I can understand the temporary situation with a single key, but I cannot understand the untested technology. A friend of mine once quipped that Lexus true catchphrase was "the passionate pursuit of perception" rather than the advertised "passionate pursuit of perfection." Despite his cynicism, situations like this suggest that he may have been on to something. They now seem to be competing for features rather than quality.
The following 2 users liked this post by TechNut:
ioneldinu (12-14-22), Klamalama (12-12-22)
Old 12-11-22, 12:20 PM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks for the update. My RX350 hybrid is supposed to be manufactured this week. I am 2 to 3.5 hours from my dealer depending on which house I am at. I know first year vehicles can have problems, but not sure I will take delivery of the vehicle if it has these issues given it could quite possibly take more than one trip to resolve them. Frankly don’t know if I would take delivery if I was 5 minutes away from the dealer.

Although I understand the chip issue and one key, the software issue is pretty disappointing for a Lexus, even the first year of a new model. As badly as I want the vehicle, I will probably pass on it and wait until these issues are fully resolved rather than try to band aid my way to a complete vehicle.

Thanks again for the heads up and taking the time to inform everyone.
The following 3 users liked this post by Hefty:
chanpai (07-28-24), IBen (01-11-23), ioneldinu (12-14-22)
Old 12-11-22, 01:26 PM
DenBar
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Hefty,

I have read some posts that said the 2023 RX 350 are readily available in some areas. That is not the case in my area down south. They are selling the vehicles before they make it to the lot. At one of the Lexus dealerships I was talking with they had 28 vehicles in transit and 25 of them were already sold. Our dealership had 40 deposits on hand when the vehicles started to arrive. We got lucky to get one this month. We love the vehicle.

BTW: I read some 2023 RX 350s were being delivered with missing parts regarding the heated seats. I just checked my heated seats and they work just fine. Apparently, I have all of my parts. The Nav system issue is tied the the chip/software and my dealer told me about before I took delivery. We just use AppleCarplay for navigation right now so it is not an issue. My salesman told me last week my new chip should be in next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I joined the forum to gain insight on all issues and I thank all of you for your feedback. We only have about 300 miles on the vehicle but we really like the RX and have no regrets about taking delivery.
Old 12-11-22, 02:06 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Even though 25 of the 28 are sold, Lexus has to move a lot of these. Selling 25 of 28 is nothing, some cars have waiting lists for a year or more (Range Rover, Porsche) - 40 deposits is just a couple months of allocation for a big dealer.
Old 12-11-22, 02:19 PM
DenBar
Driver School Candidate

👍🏻. I suspect once people start test driving them they will sell. Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 12-11-22, 08:59 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 112 Likes on 67 Posts

I picked up my RX 350h on 12/3. I filled out the paperwork the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and the car was delivered to the dealer on 12/2. I did pay over MSRP. I did get only one key and was told the other would be sent to me. Was not told of any need for an updated chip. I set up the Lexus Interface at the dealer. The only issue I ran into was it said that my email address was already in use. Did not realize that it used the same email as Lexus Drivers. I did notice that he was not keen on setting up Apple Carplay. When I got it home I tried to set up CarPlay but I did not know that it required Siri to be active. Turned Siri on and tried again and it failed several times to recognize my phone. I had to unpair the phone a few times and it finally worked. Has been working fine all week. Other than that, everything seems to be working fine. Hard getting used to this new hybrid after 13 years in a 2010 RX 350. The 350h feels larger than my old car.

Last edited by Dhill; 12-12-22 at 08:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ioneldinu (12-14-22)
Old 12-12-22, 07:21 AM
DenBar
Driver School Candidate

I am not sure how many RX 350s my dealer has gotten in at this point but they are all gone and 3 of them came off the truck stuck in the transport mode according to our salesman. It is my understanding the dealership and Lexus tried to resolve the issue for two days before they called me and said your vehicle is here. They gave me the option to wait for the next Premium+ comparably equipped but it was not scheduled to arrive until sometime in February. They told me the vehicle drives perfectly fine but that the digital key/nav system/SOS button stuff was not working. When we got to the dealership they quickly paired the iPhones to the vehicle and AppleCarPlay kicked in automatically. They told us to use AppleCarPlay for the nav system until they get the new chip. AppleCarPlay has kicked in automatically every time we start the vehicle and we toggle between both of our phones all of the time.

Our delivery timeline was very similar to yours. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving the dealership asked us to bring in our trade-in to value and told us the vehicle had just arrived at the port and told us the vehicle would be here no later than 12/2. We took delivery on 12/2. I guess we got lucky because I have read some posts which say people are paying $10k-$12k over MSRP. Some of the dealerships in my area say they do not charge over MSRP but they force you to pay for a vehicle protection package of $2k-$3k over MSRP. We were very fortunate. We paid MSRP plus sales tax and $675 title and registration.

I will follow up when the chip issue is resolved. Hopefully this week.
Old 12-13-22, 01:28 PM
Den49
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DenBar
Hi Hefty,

I have read some posts that said the 2023 RX 350 are readily available in some areas. That is not the case in my area down south. They are selling the vehicles before they make it to the lot. At one of the Lexus dealerships I was talking with they had 28 vehicles in transit and 25 of them were already sold. Our dealership had 40 deposits on hand when the vehicles started to arrive. We got lucky to get one this month. We love the vehicle.

BTW: I read some 2023 RX 350s were being delivered with missing parts regarding the heated seats. I just checked my heated seats and they work just fine. Apparently, I have all of my parts. The Nav system issue is tied the the chip/software and my dealer told me about before I took delivery. We just use AppleCarplay for navigation right now so it is not an issue. My salesman told me last week my new chip should be in next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I joined the forum to gain insight on all issues and I thank all of you for your feedback. We only have about 300 miles on the vehicle but we really like the RX and have no regrets about taking delivery.
Thanks for your report. This helps me and others make a better buying decision.
The following users liked this post:
ioneldinu (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 10:59 AM
ioneldinu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on purchasing your new 2023 Lexus RX 350. just curious, your RX 350 is a 4 cylinder turbo?
Old 12-14-22, 11:06 AM
DenBar
Driver School Candidate

Yes, it is the 4 cylinder turbo. We traded in a V6 Highlander which I believe had the same V6 engine as the RX that year. The acceleration from a dead stop is as good as the Highlander which was very good. Initially, I was concerned that it would have noticeable turbo lag from a dead stop. I was pleasantly surprised.
The following 2 users liked this post by DenBar:
BumbleD (12-14-22), Den49 (12-14-22)
Old 12-16-22, 01:39 PM
budwom
Advanced

Received 228 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by DenBar
Hi Hefty,

They are not readily available in New England, that's for sure. Can't even find one to look at and test drive, which I want to do since this is a new platform. Dealers up here are selling cars for $2500 above MSRP which I find unappealing. I think I'll give them time to iron out some of the problems they're having, and get some cars on the lot...
The following 2 users liked this post by budwom:
DenBar (12-17-22), dklanecky1 (12-17-22)
Old 12-16-22, 01:52 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Don't pay over MSRP. It looks to me like they are making more FWD cars now than AWD, so they are in better supply in the sunbelt and warmer parts of the US where FWD sells. I know one local dealer here in NY has some FWD ones - they have been sitting on their inventory website for 2+ weeks, as few people in the northeast want a FWD SUV. I don't even know why Lexus would allocate those cars to NY, even the cheapest SUV has AWD, much less a $60K one.
Old 12-18-22, 12:57 PM
budwom
Advanced

Received 228 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
Don't pay over MSRP. It looks to me like they are making more FWD cars now than AWD, so they are in better supply in the sunbelt and warmer parts of the US where FWD sells. I know one local dealer here in NY has some FWD ones - they have been sitting on their inventory website for 2+ weeks, as few people in the northeast want a FWD SUV. I don't even know why Lexus would allocate those cars to NY, even the cheapest SUV has AWD, much less a $60K one.
Yeah, I'm regrouping and plan on looking for a car in April....I don't have the slightest intention of paying over MSRP...share your view about the pointlessness of FWD in the North.

Quick Reply: Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?