RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-22, 07:28 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 394 Likes on 268 Posts

Probably true, remember that the northern tier of the US is basically buried in snow and below freezing temperatures. How do these cars get from Canada to the US? By rail to some distribution point, or by truck?
Old 12-27-22, 10:57 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Julius071
looks like ill be calling my sales person first thing tomorrow morning.
Sales person said that the car status is "Rail Arrive 12/16/2022". A whole bunch of RX and NX (assuming hybrid models only) are on hold for inspection. Was hoping to get the car before the New Year but looks like its gonna be here by mid January.
Old 12-27-22, 03:04 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Between the inspection holds, plus what must big delays getting through Canada and the northern tier of the country by rail due to the weather, its no surprise that so many are marked "in transit" for long periods of time. Weather should improve next week.
The following users liked this post:
Julius071 (12-27-22)
Old 12-28-22, 08:23 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
Between the inspection holds, plus what must big delays getting through Canada and the northern tier of the country by rail due to the weather, its no surprise that so many are marked "in transit" for long periods of time. Weather should improve next week.
I sure hope so. The wife keeps bugging me to text our salesman on the daily haha.
Old 12-28-22, 05:29 PM
jdct
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2023 RX Delivery - stuck in transit mode

Hello friends - a few days ago there was a thread about some 2023 RX's being delivered stuck in transit mode and not being able to connect to Lexus and the Lexus App Suite (thread is now gone) . I have that situation which my dealer has been unable to solve so far. Could you share your answer for those whose dealer successfully solved the problem. Thanks.
Old 12-28-22, 11:29 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jdct
Hello friends - a few days ago there was a thread about some 2023 RX's being delivered stuck in transit mode and not being able to connect to Lexus and the Lexus App Suite (thread is now gone) . I have that situation which my dealer has been unable to solve so far. Could you share your answer for those whose dealer successfully solved the problem. Thanks.
I think that thread, Delivery Issues, was merged into this thread. Look at the early posts in this thread and you will find a couple of posts re transit mode from the delivery issues thread.
Old 12-29-22, 04:17 AM
DenBar
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They do force you to purchase the vehicle protection packages which range from $1,100 to $2,350. I was working with dealerships in Houston, Dallas, and Plano. Also, as someone mentioned, the vehicles are not on the lot, they are in transit, and people are buying them before they get to the dealership. People are buying them with whatever options they arrive with. If you want most of the popular options, you have to go with the Premium+ or greater. I was able to get most of the options I wanted with the exception of the Pano View Monitor with the Premium+. It is my understanding the Pano View and Triple Beam headlights are reserved for the Luxury package. My dealership said it has something to do with the wiring harness for the vehicles. They only make the harness a limited number of ways. Is that correct? 🤷

As a follow up to another message regarding the “stuck in transit mode” issue, I think I was the person who originally posted the message. It has not been resolved. Initially the dealership said the chip would be shipped the week after I took delivery. Now the dealership told me the chip should arrive the 2nd or 3rd week in January. Apparently, it is not a simple, “plug in a new chip” solution and that is why Lexus is holding some cars at the port before shipping them to the dealerships. Other than that glitch the vehicle runs fine. I wish they would become more readily available in our area as mentioned above because we would like to just blend in. We have not owned it a month and have parked it somewhere only to come out and have people standing around it and looking in the windows. The people are nice and just want to see the new body style etc., but if you are in a hurry, you don’t want to be rude, but you want go. Again, once there are more of us we will blend in and all will be good.
PearlRX350 (01-08-23)
Old 12-29-22, 07:18 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Premium+ is definitely the "most produced" variant right now. I am on the list for a Luxury because I want more options - but I can wait, to be honest taking delivery of a new car in the middle of the winter in the northeast isn't such a great idea anyway. Once the first snowstorm hits, the roads will be riddled with potholes until April.
Julius071 (12-29-22)
Old 12-29-22, 10:07 AM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

When I bought my RX350h, there were only 2 available, both Premium. Both came with many of the Premium+ features that were factory installed options, see the list below for my car. I really did not need the multi-zone climate control or the leather seats, but would have liked the thematic ambiance lighting.

Left off the roof rack cross bars added for $450. Did not need that.

Last edited by Dhill; 12-29-22 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-30-22, 01:13 PM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

Just got an email from my salesman that my 350h that was built on 12/21 is supposed to arrive between 1/13 and 1/18.

That seems much quicker than others have been arriving, but maybe the issues they were having have been resolved and the pipeline will begin to flow. Shall see.
Julius071 (12-30-22)
Old 12-30-22, 01:35 PM
DenBar
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Replacement Chip Is In

Just got a call from my salesman. The replacement chip is in. They said they will need to keep it a couple of days and put me in a loaner. I will bring it in next week.
Julius071 (12-30-22)
Old 12-30-22, 01:43 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Ditto! Our 500H was on hold on 12/16 and we are able to pick it up 12/30
Old 12-30-22, 07:31 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
These shortages are happening for this car? Its the same info system as the NX, probably the same heated seat elements also, they are cranking those out - my local dealer has 48 unsold. RX cars are arriving at dealers all over the country. No one in the colder parts of the country are going to accept a car at this price point without heated seats, so they might as well send those cars to the sunbelt and Florida.
Your dealership has 46 new NX available for sale?

Which dealership is this?
Old 12-30-22, 08:45 PM
jdct
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DenBar
Just got a call from my salesman. The replacement chip is in. They said they will need to keep it a couple of days and put me in a loaner. I will bring it in next week.
Excellent!
My service manager is still working the Lexus Connect issue, hopefully your solution will populate across the dealers next week. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 12-31-22, 07:39 AM
Ago1977
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you also receive an email directly from Lexus informing you that the car has left the factory? I received this email a while ago but if I look on the Lexus Link App it is not updated.... have you downloaded the Lexus Link APP?

Quick Reply: Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?