RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-22, 07:56 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Your dealership has 46 new NX available for sale?

Which dealership is this?
Lexus of Freeport. He is down to 37 NXes now. He also has 26 new RXes either in stock or in transit, but not sure how many of those are reserved.
Old 12-31-22, 03:02 PM
HawkLX23
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer / salesperson was able to track and provide a screenshot of the current location. Makes it easy to trust them. Hope everyone who ordered can get their hands on shiny new RX soon.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-05-23, 03:15 PM
Eirerogue
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery timeframe

My 2023 Lexus RX 350 has a production date of 1/16/2023. Any idea when I might see delivery? Trying to plan around some transportation issues at home. TIA!
Old 01-05-23, 03:27 PM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Eirerogue
My 2023 Lexus RX 350 has a production date of 1/16/2023. Any idea when I might see delivery? Trying to plan around some transportation issues at home. TIA!
I would check with your salesman. Mine was built 12/21 and my salesman told me a few days ago anticipated delivery was 1/13-1/18. I think that may be a bit quicker than the first ones produced because of the issues that occurred with those built in November. Don’t know how the process may change as the year progresses and not sure how good my delivery date is. I’ll post when I pick it up.
The following users liked this post:
Eirerogue (01-06-23)
Old 01-05-23, 06:41 PM
ishh
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m located in Nj and mine was built on 12/7 and it’s ready for pick up on 1/9 so just over a month.
Julius071 (01-05-23)
Old 01-06-23, 03:58 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello everyone- new member just joined here minutes ago. I'm trying to get some insight and justification as to why the RX500H is taking so long to produce/release to the public. I'm working with a local dealership who claims that the color that my wife and I selected (Ultra-White) won't probably be released until April as we're also currently on a waiting list and those ahead of us will be satisfied first.

Are we going to see only small amounts of this model being released in trickles or is there a floodgate that hopefully someone will open up and these will be readily available for more than those who are currently on the waitlist. Our dealership has about 20 people on the waitlist (maybe more now) waiting for this particular model. I think we are #4 on the waitlist for a Ultra-White Exterior with Rioja Red interior.

Black is the only one currently "Allocated" but my wife is opposed to the color. At the rate of our wait, it will just be months before a model 2024 will be released which at that point it almost seems better to just get a 2024 model. The only caveat is fighting against time and whatever interest rate for financing will be available at that time (most like the rate will be way higher).

Also, on the definition of "Allocation"- that does mean allocated for build and delivery straight from the Canada factory? Does that also factor in waiting for parts that come from Japan before the build is finalized and shipped out to the US?

Thanks for any helpful information.

Last edited by MrTuckers; 01-06-23 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-07-23, 04:49 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

The 500h is 10% of production.
Old 01-07-23, 04:54 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
The 500h is 10% of production.
Does this mean the car is in limited production and would be like a limited edition vehicle?

The way it’s being advertised and showcased on YouTube channels didn’t seem that this car would be sold like this and it would be available to the masses.

10% would be like 1 of every 10 cars that come off the line. Where did you get your source of this info?
Old 01-07-23, 06:23 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

It means that only 10% of people would pay that much for a Lexus RX, hence Lexus will only build that many.
Old 01-07-23, 07:35 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

When we picked up our 500H there was also another 500H that was ready for pickup so we know at least less than a handful of 500H out here in Seattle area. Our 500H along with about 20 RX came into our local Lexus dealership on December 30.
Old 01-07-23, 08:22 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Originally Posted by Julius071
When we picked up our 500H there was also another 500H that was ready for pickup so we know at least less than a handful of 500H out here in Seattle area. Our 500H along with about 20 RX came into our local Lexus dealership on December 30.
Thanks for the reply fellow member. I’m based in the Bay Area working with the largest volume dealer in Northern California (San Jose) and it seems like they have no clue when they’ll arrive. I thought about buying out of state but there’s a lot of work you need to do on your part once the vehicle arrives (DMV, Smog testing, and other admin work than can take about 3 working days if your own time to process). Not to mention any transport shipping fees you need to pay to have it delivered to you (better than forking your money over to stupid markup costs). Why pay for something and get nothing in return? That’s my philosophy.

I was optimistic that something would arrive already by this time but the conversations I’ve had with this dealer have been pretty clueless and not solid. Of course they have to take care of other folks on the preorder waitlist but it seems to me that the ultra white exterior is the most difficult one to secure.
Old 01-07-23, 08:49 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MrTuckers
Thanks for the reply fellow member. I’m based in the Bay Area working with the largest volume dealer in Northern California (San Jose) and it seems like they have no clue when they’ll arrive. I thought about buying out of state but there’s a lot of work you need to do on your part once the vehicle arrives (DMV, Smog testing, and other admin work than can take about 3 working days if your own time to process). Not to mention any transport shipping fees you need to pay to have it delivered to you (better than forking your money over to stupid markup costs). Why pay for something and get nothing in return? That’s my philosophy.

I was optimistic that something would arrive already by this time but the conversations I’ve had with this dealer have been pretty clueless and not solid. Of course they have to take care of other folks on the preorder waitlist but it seems to me that the ultra white exterior is the most difficult one to secure.
Yeah no problem! Our timeline for our RX was three weeks?! Test drove 350H and 500H and the wife wanted more power from her Rav4 so she picked the 500H. We were told our RX was built and in transit and will arrive mid January. Then we got another update saying first week of January. Then we were told that a lot of NX and RX were on hold at the rail station for inspection. Then all of a sudden on December 29 we got a call that our RX was ready for pickup. Hang in there I am sure the right RX will show up for you soon!
MrTuckers (01-07-23)
Old 01-10-23, 02:15 PM
ddh48
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r1supersta
Is the link broken again? I keep getting an error message for the last day and a half when I try to input my allocated VIN.
Old 01-11-23, 11:07 AM
oommeng
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2023RX350h premium

I just got a message from my dealer in Houston that my car has been loaded onto the Pacific Railways and will reach Houston on 1/17/2023. It is scheduled to be picked up by the dealer between 1/21 and 1/26. I booked my car two months back and have been waiting. I recieved my VIN# about a month back. Hope this info helps someone out there. Let me know if you have any questions.
Julius071 (01-11-23)
Old 01-11-23, 11:22 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oommeng
I just got a message from my dealer in Houston that my car has been loaded onto the Pacific Railways and will reach Houston on 1/17/2023. It is scheduled to be picked up by the dealer between 1/21 and 1/26. I booked my car two months back and have been waiting. I recieved my VIN# about a month back. Hope this info helps someone out there. Let me know if you have any questions.
we hope you'll love your new RX!

Quick Reply: Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?