RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-23, 01:04 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 276 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
My RX arrived at the dealer on Jan 11th. The door says manufactured “Jan 2023”. So assuming they didn’t work on the Jan 1 and Jan 2 holiday, seems to be 9 days max from build.
Lexus says it takes 19 hours to build an RX. Sounds impossible, but a lot of robotics.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eagleboy99:
FMY421 (03-23-23), MrTuckers (02-01-23)
Old 03-22-23, 09:16 AM
Psbhappy
10th Gear

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Average time from factory to dealer?

I was told my 2023 RX Luxury is being built tomorrow. I put a deposit down in late January. So excited and I check this forum several times per day. Thanks for all the tips. It's my first new car in years. Any idea what the average time is from production in Canada to me in the Midwest? Dealer didn't have an expected delivery date. Any chance it would be here within one month?
Old 03-22-23, 09:31 AM
nyichiban
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Where did you order your Lexus from? Will they accept custom builds?
Old 03-22-23, 09:38 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 585 Likes on 403 Posts

My dealer in the DFW area sent us a build sheet with a VIN on Tuesday for a car and we're going to take it. Not sure what day it will be built but she stated the expected delivery date is May 5th. One month might be possible for Missouri but lots of factors come into play for vehicle delivery time.

nyichiban: You can't custom order a vehicle. We told our dealer we wanted White/Macadamia, at least premium+ with LED triple beams and Mark Levinson. We were offered 3 vehicles earlier that were close (different exterior color/no ML) that we declined. Best thing to do is tell a dealer what your must haves are and wait for an allocation that hits the must haves. Some must haves could make it nearly impossible though. For instance if the must have is premium+ without the 21" wheels, you just don't see that on dealer sites so could be very tough to get.

Last edited by Urlik; 03-22-23 at 09:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (03-23-23)
Old 03-22-23, 10:06 AM
Bo15
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Our 350h went in transit around 2/15 and arrived at dealer 3/13. My dealer was able to look up and let me know when it was at the "port" and window dates for arrival at dealer. Dealer needed 2 days for their prep. Picked up 3/16.

Factory in Canada (Factory) to Regional "port" for port installed items and a lot of the PDI and then to dealer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bo15:
Psbhappy (03-22-23), Urlik (03-22-23)
Old 03-22-23, 10:33 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Psbhappy
I was told my 2023 RX Luxury is being built tomorrow. I put a deposit down in late January. So excited and I check this forum several times per day. Thanks for all the tips. It's my first new car in years. Any idea what the average time is from production in Canada to me in the Midwest? Dealer didn't have an expected delivery date. Any chance it would be here within one month?
Mine has a build date of “01/23” on the door. It arrived at the dealer on January 10th. Jan 1 and 2 were holidays. To be honest, I suspect it was actually built in December. But if the sticker on the door is right, it was about 8 days from assembly line to Pittsburgh dealer showroom.
Psbhappy (03-22-23)
Old 03-22-23, 03:30 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Ours was built on March 8th. Should arrive at the Dealership within the next 5-10 days based on all data. As has already been mentioned here previously, you can track vehicle if you have vin# through Toyota-Tracker.com
If already built will give you a window of expected Ground delivery. Ours is currently stating 3/20--3/25 but could easily be towards end of next week.

Last edited by JRey350hou; 03-22-23 at 04:51 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by JRey350hou:
FMY421 (03-23-23), MrTuckers (03-22-23), Psbhappy (03-22-23)
Old 03-22-23, 04:23 PM
Psbhappy
10th Gear

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Ours was built on March 8th. Should arrive at the Dealership within the next 5-10 days based on all data. As has already been mentioned here previously, you can track vehicle if you have vin# through Toyota-Tracker.com
If already built will give you a window of expected Ground delivery. Outs is currently stating 3/20--3/25 but could easily be towards end of next week.
Thanks for the response!
Old 03-22-23, 04:42 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

As soon as it's built you should be able to go under your Dealership New Inventory n look under RX350 Prem+ , Luxury or whichever Trim your vehicle is see it in their Inventory list. If you know exactly how the vehicle is getting built to specified specs then you should be able to identify pretty easily n get VIN#.
Then you can go to www.Toyota-Tracker.com n it will give you the stage it's in and a window on expected delivery date.
Good luck!

Last edited by JRey350hou; 03-22-23 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-22-23, 04:45 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

As soon as it's built you should be able to go under your Dealership New Inventory n look under RX350 Prem+ , Luxury or whichever Trim your vehicle is see it in their Inventory list. If you know exactly how the vehicle is getting built to specs specified you should be able to identify pretty easily n get VIN#.
Then you can go to www.Toyota-Tracker.com n it will give you the stage it's in and a window on expected delivery date.
Good luck!
Mine was held at a Buffalo location after it had crossed the border from Ontario to US and was held there for more than 12 days in addition to the transit time so be on the lookout for that. I’m not sure if it will go there for you but if it goes directly to dealer then the better!
The following 2 users liked this post by MrTuckers:
JRey350hou (03-22-23), Psbhappy (03-22-23)
Old 03-22-23, 04:57 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MrTuckers
Mine was held at a Buffalo location after it had crossed the border from Ontario to US and was held there for more than 12 days in addition to the transit time so be on the lookout for that. I’m not sure if it will go there for you but if it goes directly to dealer then the better!
Yep all kind of variables exist. Plus I'm in SE Texas--Houston suburbs so just hoping for the best at this point. My wife has never been as excited for a New vehicle. Sold her 10 yr old - RX350 2013 in late Jan.
I would like to have back my 2020 ES350 FSPORT that she has taken from me!! 😁😄
Psbhappy (03-22-23)
Old 03-22-23, 05:05 PM
Psbhappy
10th Gear

As soon as it's built you should be able to go under your Dealership New Inventory n look under RX350 Prem+ , Luxury or whichever Trim your vehicle is see it in their Inventory list. If you know exactly how the vehicle is getting built to specified specs then you should be able to identify pretty easily n get VIN#.
Good luck!
Thanks so much. I have a VIN that's apparently going to be my car, but nothing shows up on the Tracker site. I'll check a few days after it's built. Appreciate the comments. I've held onto my Honda Accord for years and years. I'm spending way way more than I wanted to, but when you get to a certain price point, I didn't want to compromise on all the features I wanted. Had to end up getting Luxury with more stuff added on. Wasn't in a hurry when I was shopping. Now that it's allocated to me, I'm getting excited and anxious. Lol.
Old 03-22-23, 05:14 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Psbhappy
Thanks so much. I have a VIN that's apparently going to be my car, but nothing shows up on the Tracker site. I'll check a few days after it's built. Appreciate the comments. I've held onto my Honda Accord for years and years. I'm spending way way more than I wanted to, but when you get to a certain price point, I didn't want to compromise on all the features I wanted. Had to end up getting Luxury with more stuff added on. Wasn't in a hurry when I was shopping. Now that it's allocated to me, I'm getting excited and anxious. Lol.
Haha. Yes, as soon as it gets built the VIN# should be "Live" n you will see it in New Vehicle Inventory. Probably by Friday for you.
I'm older so I already had planned to get Luxury trim for her. There were some must haves for me that I had passed on in the past ML Stereo, Triple beam HLamps, but when she said the magic words-- "Load it Up"... it was over!!!.
I've brought it up only few times to her.. 😁
Ours will pretty much have everything you can put on the Luxury AWD.
The following 2 users liked this post by JRey350hou:
MrTuckers (03-22-23), Psbhappy (03-22-23)
Old 03-22-23, 05:47 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Haha. Yes, as soon as it gets built the VIN# should be "Live" n you will see it in New Vehicle Inventory. Probably by Friday for you.
I'm older so I already had planned to get Luxury trim for her. There were some must haves for me that I had passed on in the past ML Stereo, Triple beam HLamps, but when she said the magic words-- "Load it Up"... it was over!!!.
I've brought it up only few times to her.. 😁
Ours will pretty much have everything you can put on the Luxury AWD.
Yup- JR is right. The real VIN will be on the buyers order at the top and it won’t be the same as the Build order sheet. The tracker is damn accurate and seems to be updated regularly.

I too have a 2014 Honda Accord 9th Gen (V6) last of its kind. My other 3 are Hondas and my wife is excited as well since her 08 CRV was give to one of our college daughters, the other with our 06 Odyssey which leaves her to share the Accord with my son who is a Senior in HS. We’re a Honda family and those 4 cars have been rock solid VTEC power. First time to owning any thing on the Toyota/Lexus side ever.

It’s been a rough year for her and finally she can have her own car again. Too bad she can’t drive my R because it’s a manual. LOL
Urlik (03-22-23)
Old 03-25-23, 02:44 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 276 Likes on 197 Posts

So two and a half months after deposit, and the dealer still is unable to say anything about delivery. Lexus lists it as "pending fulfillment" - and until it gets a "Vehicle Transit Number", they have no idea when it will be built. One would have thought that if it was the white paint shortage (we ordered Eminent Pearl) they could have told us. Oh well, I'm still waiting on a 2' hitch.

Quick Reply: Why can’t the dealer track the shipment?