RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-23, 08:42 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTuckers
Buying cars out of state is useless. I quickly found-out that dealers are hesitant to sell a vehicle to a customer out of state because they would lose additional revenue on their #1 money maker- servicing.

If the buyer was like 4 states away, most likely they'll never return for oil changes or any types of servicing. That's the dealer's excuse when they use the phrase, "We're not selling to anyone outside our local area"- BS
That may have been your experience. Most salesmen could care less where your car is serviced. I flew to Florida to buy a car. With computers, they can calculate sales tax for any state you are registering the car. People buy, and have the car serviced at different dealers all the time.
Old 01-27-23, 10:58 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
That may have been your experience. Most salesmen could care less where your car is serviced. I flew to Florida to buy a car. With computers, they can calculate sales tax for any state you are registering the car. People buy, and have the car serviced at different dealers all the time.
Then you tell me where I can find a dealer that’s willing to sell me a vehicle.
Old 01-28-23, 05:25 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

Vermont doesn't have a Lexus dealer, so the nearby dealers in NY and NH very much like to sell to out of staters. True, they don't get service money, but their job measurements are tied to sales, period...gotta move the vehicles . I'm currently talking to three out of state dealers, the only hangup being price at this point, and I'm in no hurry.
Old 01-28-23, 05:31 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

The two Cleveland dealers, and one in nearby Akron, like getting Pittsburgh business. Pittsburgh has two dealers with the same owner. A regional monopoly. Having the Cleveland option helps keep them somewhat competitive.

Last edited by daryll40; 01-29-23 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-28-23, 06:27 AM
VInice289
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Buying cars out of state is useless. I quickly found-out that dealers are hesitant to sell a vehicle to a customer out of state because they would lose additional revenue on their #1 money maker- servicing.

If the buyer was like 4 states away, most likely they'll never return for oil changes or any types of servicing. That's the dealer's excuse when they use the phrase, "We're not selling to anyone outside our local area"- BS
I live in FL and bought my 2023 RXh from a dealer in AL. I previously bought my son's 2019 NX from a dealer in Northern VA. They could care less where I lived just as long as I picked up the vehicle or got it shipped.
Old 01-28-23, 08:45 AM
1Louder
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

I think whether it matters depends on the market.

In places where there is more supply than demand, I doubt dealers care much about selling to out of state. Moving the inventory would be more important. But with more demand than supply, why wouldn't they sell in state where at least the possibility of follow on servicing is a possibility. It all likely varies by individual dealerships and markets.
Old 01-28-23, 08:57 AM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Then you tell me where I can find a dealer that’s willing to sell me a vehicle.
I believe, at the top of this thread, There is a MD dealer willing to sell. Through a broker.
The general manager may care.The sales manager doesn’t really care. Not since the internet was invented by George Santos.
Old 01-28-23, 03:14 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

WSJ article that discusses the current state of Lexus leasing:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-lea..._copyURL_share
Old 01-28-23, 03:20 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 390 Likes on 265 Posts

The dealers, the entire auto industry, doesn't care. Unit sales in the US are way down in the last two years - but profits are at all time highs for both manufacturers and dealers. People are taking 7, even 10 year car loans. They want to make less cars, and sell them for higher prices. They never want the market to return to "normal". Dealers are going to hide inventory and continue to ask for ADM, they will never give it up.
Old 01-28-23, 03:28 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
The dealers, the entire auto industry, doesn't care. Unit sales in the US are way down in the last two years - but profits are at all time highs for both manufacturers and dealers. People are taking 7, even 10 year car loans. They want to make less cars, and sell them for higher prices. They never want the market to return to "normal". Dealers are going to hide inventory and continue to ask for ADM, they will never give it up.
I’m not not buying that this will last. There are enough car makers competing that sooner or it will be like before. We’re already heading in that direction.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (01-30-23)
Old 01-28-23, 04:19 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 276 Likes on 197 Posts

We paid just over a grand more than Lexus' announced MSRP. Given inflation, I am fine with that.
Old 01-28-23, 05:16 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by daryll40
WSJ article that discusses the current state of Lexus leasing:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-lea..._copyURL_share
You need a subscription. Can’t read it.
Old 01-28-23, 05:59 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
You need a subscription. Can’t read it.
Works for me. CLear browser cookies.
Old 01-28-23, 10:06 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagleboy99
We paid just over a grand more than Lexus' announced MSRP. Given inflation, I am fine with that.
Was it for mandatory protection packages (ceramic coating and etc)?
Old 01-29-23, 05:41 AM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
Was it for mandatory protection packages (ceramic coating and etc)?
No mandatory ceramic or any other packages up here AFAIK. I think that it might be simple inflation from the time Lexus Canada announced MSRP pricing and actually street pricing. Plus the dealer "threw in" the rear rubber cargo mat (in addition to a full rubber mat set for the rest of the car.

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX