RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-23, 05:40 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

So I was just told by my salesman that everthing built in North America (Canada and Kentucky) are not delivering this month. Includes NX, RX, ES. Anyone else waiting for a car hear this?
The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (02-03-23)
Old 02-02-23, 06:00 PM
R9000
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Louder
So I was just told by my salesman that everthing built in North America (Canada and Kentucky) are not delivering this month. Includes NX, RX, ES. Anyone else waiting for a car hear this?

Did they share any info why?
Old 02-03-23, 07:51 AM
1Louder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by R9000
Did they share any info why?
No, but they have talked about supply chain issues for months. I'm guessing it's that - they can't complete the cars in order to ship them.

I did a little searching, found this from 1/23/23.

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/2...ting-the-pace/

Toyota said its North American plants “continue to face intermittent production delays due to many supply chain disruptions, and we anticipate challenges into Q1 of 2023.” They noted that they don’t expect the delays to impact employment and repairs on certain vehicles “may take longer than expected due to lack of certain parts/components.“However, Toyota and Lexus dealers are doing their best to accommodate guests’ needs,” said Toyota spokesperson Victor Vanov.

As far as manufacturing, Toyota’s customer demand is outpacing supply.

“Essentially, once a vehicle is assembled and leaves our plants, it’s already sold to a customer,” Vanov said. “If we had more vehicles to sell, they would have been in customer’s hands.

“We want our customers to know that our dealers will work to get them the vehicle they need. Our inventory continues to improve and we have teams working around the clock to get vehicles to our customers as quickly as possible. We are assembling vehicles whole, meaning, we will not leave off features and/or parts and add them later. In other words, we won’t build them and leave them sitting in a parking lot and retrofit them. It just depends on a number of factors. For example, some vehicles may share the same part/component, however, we’ll prioritize vehicles that are in higher demand. We believe it’s important to deliver vehicles to our customers that are not only high in quality but complete.”

Last edited by 1Louder; 02-03-23 at 07:56 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1Louder:
bzb (02-03-23), dklanecky1 (02-03-23), R9000 (02-03-23)
Old 02-03-23, 09:24 AM
trfnj74
10th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I left my $1k deposit on Nov 8th for a New 350h.

The build was finished on 2/1 and I was told I should have it in my possession in 10 days.

23 RX 350h Luxury Nebula Gray Pearl - Peppercorn Interior - Fully optioned - $66,400 - No Mark Up. I didn't want the PIO's and a couple of the other FIO's but the dealer stated since we can't order they have no control.

- 120 AC inverter
- Cold weather package with de-icer
- Digital Key
- Power rear seats
- Heated and Ventilated rear seats
- Triple beam head lights
- Panorama roof with rails
- Mark Levison
- Power door rear kick
- Advanced Park - Dealer stated not working until updates come out.
- Panoramic view monitor
- Traffic jam assist
POI
- Door edge guards
- Rear bumper applique
- Cargo net
- Key Glove
- Mud guards
Old 02-03-23, 10:40 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by trfnj74

The build was finished on 2/1 and I was told I should have it in my possession in 10 days.

23 RX 350h Luxury Nebula Gray Pearl - Peppercorn Interior - Fully optioned - $66,400 - No Mark Up. I didn't want the PIO's and a couple of the other FIO's but the dealer stated since we can't order they have no control.

- 120 AC inverter
- Digital Key
- Power rear seats
- Mark Levison
- Power door rear kick
- Panoramic view monitor
- Traffic jam assist
POI
- Door edge guards
- Rear bumper applique
- Cargo net
- Key Glove
- Mud guards
Pretty much my vehicle. You’re gonna love it.
trfnj74 (02-03-23)
Old 02-03-23, 10:46 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

The entire month of February will see no cars? Well, there goes any chance of mine coming. I am not buying this supply chain excuse anymore - they are doing this on purpose to keep prices high and they never plan to return to having high inventory levels. I would walk on the deal, but every automaker is doing the same thing.

Last edited by lexusnyca; 02-03-23 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-03-23, 02:32 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trfnj74

- 120 AC inverter
- Digital Key
- Power rear seats
- Mark Levison
- Power door rear kick
- Panoramic view monitor
- Traffic jam assist
POI
- Door edge guards
- Rear bumper applique
- Cargo net
- Key Glove
- Mud guards
This is also mine (on order, and I have copper/peppercorn), minus the pano view monitor, which I was told was difficult to get but I'm seeing a few people that have them. Debating whether to take what I have (when it arrives) or wait for one that does. But it has everything else I could want.
Old 02-03-23, 02:44 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
The entire month of February will see no cars? Well, there goes any chance of mine coming. I am not buying this supply chain excuse anymore - they are doing this on purpose to keep prices high and they never plan to return to having high inventory levels. I would walk on the deal, but every automaker is doing the same thing.
Just keep in mind this is what one dealership is telling my salesman. And if it's just the North American plants, the Japan plant is still turning them out and maybe some of those come to the US. But, I can say in this part of the country there is very little inventory. I've been to several lots in the last 2 months - they have next to nothing. Couple ES's, one LC, maybe some UX's. My salesman says it's not good - I think they'd prefer having inventory. Sales people are barely getting by.
Old 02-04-23, 12:28 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

But it makes sense, because I have noticed these last two weeks that the RX inventory builds to the local dealers here, as posted to their websites, has slowed down. So this would explain it. A shutdown for an entire month is a huge impact.
Old 02-04-23, 12:39 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
But it makes sense, because I have noticed these last two weeks that the RX inventory builds to the local dealers here, as posted to their websites, has slowed down. So this would explain it. A shutdown for an entire month is a huge impact.
If the supply is drying up again, maybe we early owners can flip our cars for big profits 🤓.
Julius071 (02-05-23)
Old 02-05-23, 04:07 PM
ncRXhybrid
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree it's all about how much time you have to spend on the car buying process. I'm also in NC so curious what dealership you bought from.
Old 02-09-23, 08:38 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Ha, Florida

Such a weird encounter with Lexus dealer while on vacation in Florida. I had called ahead and spoke with a salesman. Told him when I’d stop by. So I get to the dealer only to discover that this “salesman” is not there evidently is never there, he is just a scheduler, though he did not identify himself as such.
Fine, salesperson approaches, and it is quickly evident that she does not speak more than a tiny bit of English, which would be fine, except that she can’t answer ANY question we had about pricing. We did get to sit in the car, check out the seats, verify that this is the car we want.
They had four RXs on the lot, all had the sticker price on them, then also a thin sliver of paper with the magic words “Market Adjustment Factor.” $2.5k to $3k on all vehicles. I told her we liked the cars but would NOT be paying above MSRP. She drags us off to the “sales manager” who blathers on about yes they have a markup, but when I said I’m not interested in paying that, he said well, maybe you don’t have to pay that. OK, how much DO I have to pay?
Could not pry a straight answer out of him, so we left. His English was also far from intelligible as well, which made the whole interaction so very odd. I have NOTHING against people who speak English as a second language, but when you are trying to get very precise on pricing, availability, etc, a level of clarity is required, and this was just plain odd.
I have never been to a car dealer as plainly odd as this one, including some other factors I will not mention….Sales require communication, and this staff at this place simply could not communicate…like a Twilight Zone episode. Friends with us verified it wasn’t just us, the entire arrangement made no sense at all.
But at least I know we like the car
p.s. Three of the four RXs had just come in, they all had gas caps that were properly flush. The older one had the messed up cap, not a good look at all when you survey the sleek lines of the car.
Old 02-09-23, 08:47 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by budwom
Such a weird encounter with Lexus dealer while on vacation in Florida. I had called ahead and spoke with a salesman. Told him when I’d stop by. So I get to the dealer only to discover that this “salesman” is not there evidently is never there, he is just a scheduler, though he did not identify himself as such.
Fine, salesperson approaches, and it is quickly evident that she does not speak more than a tiny bit of English, which would be fine, except that she can’t answer ANY question we had about pricing. We did get to sit in the car, check out the seats, verify that this is the car we want.
They had four RXs on the lot, all had the sticker price on them, then also a thin sliver of paper with the magic words “Market Adjustment Factor.” $2.5k to $3k on all vehicles. I told her we liked the cars but would NOT be paying above MSRP. She drags us off to the “sales manager” who blathers on about yes they have a markup, but when I said I’m not interested in paying that, he said well, maybe you don’t have to pay that. OK, how much DO I have to pay?
Could not pry a straight answer out of him, so we left. His English was also far from intelligible as well, which made the whole interaction so very odd. I have NOTHING against people who speak English as a second language, but when you are trying to get very precise on pricing, availability, etc, a level of clarity is required, and this was just plain odd.
I have never been to a car dealer as plainly odd as this one, including some other factors I will not mention….Sales require communication, and this staff at this place simply could not communicate…like a Twilight Zone episode. Friends with us verified it wasn’t just us, the entire arrangement made no sense at all.
But at least I know we like the car
p.s. Three of the four RXs had just come in, they all had gas caps that were properly flush. The older one had the messed up cap, not a good look at all when you survey the sleek lines of the car.
Dealer shenanigans is nothing new. But this type of "short supply" (or not) shenanigans is a new version. Not much you can do except try to play the game better.

I assume you mean "gas filler door" and not the gas cap itself.
budwom (02-11-23)
Old 02-11-23, 09:37 AM
ThomasD94
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 23Nori
Awsome!! Did you order the 350/350h?? Or 500h??

I see some dealers getting the 500h but I'm sure they'll ask a pretty penny for those.

Good luck and let us know
I see the base rx500h is £74,000 and up to just over £90k for a well specced one :/
Old 02-11-23, 11:11 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
Dealer shenanigans is nothing new. But this type of "short supply" (or not) shenanigans is a new version. Not much you can do except try to play the game better.

I assume you mean "gas filler door" and not the gas cap itself.
yep. Filler door sorry
daryll40 (02-11-23)

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX