RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-23, 05:05 PM
ncRXhybrid
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RX350h waitlist at more than 1 dealership?

I'm interested in a RX350h. Lexus dealers in NC but outside my metro area refuse to let me be on their wait list claiming that I can only have my name on the waitlist at the dealership list closest to my home address. Did anyone else experience this waiting for a 350h? 2 dealerships claimed it is an issue of allocation that Lexus is enforcing. I can be patient but it feels wrong if I'm willing to drive to another dealer who has the vehicle I want coming in first - demand is high on the 350h models in my area so dealerships won't be motivated to trade or transfer what they are allocated because they'll be able to sell them quickly.
The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (03-27-23)
Old 03-27-23, 06:21 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 661 Likes on 448 Posts

I didn't have that issue in Texas.
JRey350hou (03-28-23)
Old 03-27-23, 06:28 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NerdLaw
We paid MSRP for the 500h. We ordered ours about 4 months ago and got it about two weeks ago.

They tried to add a $750 mark up for dealer garbage and I refused. They sent us away, we got up to leave, and the manager came and stopped us and said he could remove the mark up, so we placed the deposit and did the pre order.

Dunno about now since we are seeing them roll in to dealerships, but at the time it didn't feel like we could go under MSRP.

I'm thinking over the next few months if you start seeing them on the lot, then you can probably go down to invoice.... IMHO.
I was lucky to find mine at MSRP on the east coast with no haggling or extra wasting of time on both parties. The only issue I’m having right now are delays after delays of small issues found at the dealership. First it was a delay regarding some QC inspections needed to clear the vehicle and now another issue was found right before it was going to be prepped for pickup.

Seems like I’m always getting pulled backwards 2 steps after taking one positive step forward. It’s been a very frustrating experience and there’s only so many days in the week to work with. This has been the issue for the past 9 days and now it will quickly turn into two weeks. The car was allocated and completed build after 45 days but now it’s starting to feel like half of that time is being wasted on just these added delays alone. At least they’re really making sure that I have absolutely no issues upon delivery and I made sure and interacted for them to check every little thing down to the smallest screw on the vehicle. For an investment on this car alone, it has to be cherry with no compromises whatsoever.

Last edited by MrTuckers; 03-27-23 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-27-23, 06:49 PM
jahnjva
Intermediate

Received 276 Likes on 177 Posts

No issue like that in Virginia. My local dealer refused to negotiate and wanted to stick me with $2900.00 of add on BS coatings. Two dealers in my state 100 miles from my home were more than happy to take my deposit and reserve an allocated car at MSRP for a 350h. The dealer I bought from even flat bedded to car to me n/c. I have heard that some dealers don't like selling to out of state customers. I guess they feel locals will use them for service. Did you try Johnson Lexus of Raleigh? They were looking for a car for me before I found my car in VA.
Also check AutoCompanion.com they have a contract for 350h @ 2% below MSRP with Pohonka Lexus. Not sure where in NC you are but that may be an option since VA and NC are neighbors. See Below:

Club Lexus,

In 2020 we launched AutoCompanion.com as a way to bring transparency to the automotive shopping experience. Experienced in a large number of brands we became the biggest volume broker on a popular leasing site and helped over 3,000 people score an amazing deal with their next car. With Lexus being a core brand we serve we would like to help the member of this forum with our knowledge and information.

Beyond just brokering we wanted to help any car buyer to Shop Smart, Shop Like a Pro!

To start pre incentive:
  • 5-6% is about invoice for Lexus
  • 12-13% is triple-net-zero for dealers in which they make little to no profit. Is 12-13% realistic? Of course! This was our average discount pre-incentive on all core models ins 2020-2021.
  • 2023? You shouldn't be paying MSRP at all or near it on any gas model NX, RX, IS, or GX. 8% off MSRP with no back end markup or add ons is the market today.
Keep in mind dealer can present a discount and easily turn a profit by marking up the "back end" of a deal on a lease or finance deal.

Knowledge is key and hopefully our state of the art calculator and this thread can help each of you understand your next new car deal with confidence!

ASK AWAY! We'll do our absolute best not to self-promote and keep it educational and fun!

Calculator.AutoCompanion.com

Complete with lender program variables to include residuals, money factor, incentives and APRs.
Old 03-27-23, 06:52 PM
jahnjva
Intermediate

Received 276 Likes on 177 Posts

I agree, let them get it right before you take possession. Less headaches running back and forth to the dealer.
Old 03-28-23, 04:52 AM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ncRXhybrid
I'm interested in a RX350h. Lexus dealers in NC but outside my metro area refuse to let me be on their wait list claiming that I can only have my name on the waitlist at the dealership list closest to my home address. Did anyone else experience this waiting for a 350h? 2 dealerships claimed it is an issue of allocation that Lexus is enforcing. I can be patient but it feels wrong if I'm willing to drive to another dealer who has the vehicle I want coming in first - demand is high on the 350h models in my area so dealerships won't be motivated to trade or transfer what they are allocated because they'll be able to sell them quickly.
I live in Boone, so no dealer close to me. The Hendrick dealership in Charlotte said I needed to be within 100 miles of their dealership to purchase one. I just told them I was within 100 miles although I think it’s actually 105 miles or so. I got lucky and the Hendrick dealerships had just started taking deposits when I called, so I didn’t call any others.
Old 04-02-23, 10:45 AM
JohnPDX
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Question for RX 500h F Sport US Spec Owners

Question for RX 500h US Spec owners only -
I'm trying to find an RX 500h (US spec) that doesn't have the power rear seat option. I don't like that the mechanism is so slow, adds no value over the manual option and is a potential point of failure long-term.
I've checked about 20 Lexus dealership websites across the USA and every 500h listed comes with power rear seats @$550 extra.
If anyone here managed to get a US spec RX 500h without power rear seats, please speak up.
Old 04-02-23, 03:08 PM
johnllx
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Costco auto program

For those who have used Costco auto program, how was your experience? Any cash back? Coupons?
Old 04-03-23, 09:04 AM
Rheummd
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Costco

Originally Posted by johnllx
For those who have used Costco auto program, how was your experience? Any cash back? Coupons?
Here in NC, no Costco discount off the MSRP on RX350hybrid, they offered $350 off the gas version though. The "deal" was getting it at MSRP without a "market adjustment" and small discount off front tinted windows and door edge guard and free NTG tire fill. So the addendum was $600 instead of $997 on the MSRP. You do get a 50% off parts/accessories coupon from Costco after the purchase. No rebate or cashback.
Old 04-03-23, 09:21 AM
AComp
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Insane, if you are interested I can get you the same vehicle for 8% off MSRP.
Old 04-03-23, 10:59 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by AComp
Psssh. 🙄.
Old 04-03-23, 05:31 PM
Longevite1
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by AComp
I'm interested, please advise.
Old 04-03-23, 06:27 PM
eoz3106
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used AComp and he's legit. I am in The Woodlands TX and had it shipped. No issues.
Longevite1 (04-04-23)
Old 04-03-23, 07:28 PM
IDLexus
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Who else here is sick of the "pop-up" on the Lexus.com website when you go to a dealer's webpage? Since I check inventory pretty much daily, I go to several dealer pages and the text pop-up with a female's name and picture always pops up with an audible beep noise. The pop-up usually hovers over the "search" button and must be closed before I can complete my RXh new inventory search. It's a minor inconvenience that has accumulated over the many days of searches. I do wish it could be disabled .
Josh
The following 3 users liked this post by IDLexus:
Bitterroot (04-04-23), FMY421 (04-04-23), jahnjva (04-03-23)
Old 04-04-23, 09:04 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 661 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by IDLexus
Who else here is sick of the "pop-up" on the Lexus.com website when you go to a dealer's webpage? Since I check inventory pretty much daily, I go to several dealer pages and the text pop-up with a female's name and picture always pops up with an audible beep noise. The pop-up usually hovers over the "search" button and must be closed before I can complete my RXh new inventory search. It's a minor inconvenience that has accumulated over the many days of searches. I do wish it could be disabled .
Josh
Thankfully my prospective dealer does not use that service. I hate the web pages for the ones that do use it.

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX