RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-23, 01:13 PM
Klamalama
Pit Crew

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue97
We negotiated a price and put a deposit down on 350h premium+ today. It’s for an existing dealer allocation. We’re told it will be built mid-July and delivered about 30 days later. This will be our first Lexus. We’ve owned Audi, Acura, BMW, but never lexus. I have a few questions.

1. Does thirty days from build date seem accurate? Will it be a 2023 or 2024? Seems like tail end 2023 is most likely, but no VIN yet.
2. How is the gas mileage? Our other car is electric and I struggled over going fully electric or getting a hybrid. The mpg on the 350h swayed me. Is it real?
3. for those that can compare, how is 350h compared to mdx, x5, gle, gv80?
4. how much of a deposit is usually expected. I put down several thousand, but my understanding is that these cars are sold before they arrive at the dealer. Is that true?
5. Is premium plus, plus some extra options (panoramic roof, 21 wheels, etc) a good spec?
6. Are Lexus cheaper to service/ repair than German competitors? I love my Audi but couldn’t imagine paying out of warranty prices.

thanks.
1. I got mine in a week. It seemed to pop up in the allocation. It must have been a fluke.
2. The EPA mileage estimate is accurate, IMHO.
3. The RX doesn't drive as crisp as a BMW but it is far better than previous generations. It's tuned more for luxury but it is not a pig in road manners.
4. My dealer did not ask for a deposit.
5. I have a premium+ without the pano roof. It has more tech than I wanted. I've turned off several of the features, like Climate Concierge.
6. I've owned BMWs and Mercedes. I only buy Japanese, now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Klamalama:
GoBlue97 (07-14-23), Keyman04 (09-11-23)
Old 07-14-23, 02:17 PM
GoBlue97
10th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The dealer confirmed the car was made! It popped up on their website today and my salesman sent me the window sticker. Looks like it will only be a few more weeks. I’ve owned a lot of different car brands over the years but this will be my first Lexus. Looking forward to it. If the rx350h did not exist, I would probably buy electric. As it is, I do expect this will be my last gas car but I will probably keep it for the better part of a decade. Personally, I like the tech features, pano roof etc and would even have chosen the luxury if they had one coming in with a lighter interior. I did not get the levinson sound but I probably couldn’t tell the difference if I did. Sorta wish I could do factory pickup. Toronto area is a great place to visit.
The following users liked this post:
MrTuckers (08-14-23)
Old 07-16-23, 05:54 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

what I've found interesting are the prices for similar but presumably lesser cars. For example before we bought our 2013 Lexus, we looked at the Highlander, but wanted more luxury.
Since then I've kept track of Highlander prices, and it's amazing how high they are based on the dealer inventory I can search on line. Local Toyota dealer has a couple right now, both cost more than what we paid for our 2023 Lexus...I guess if they're going to have fewer cars, they're going to load them to the gills with options you may or may not want.
Old 07-19-23, 02:29 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by budwom
what I've found interesting are the prices for similar but presumably lesser cars. For example before we bought our 2013 Lexus, we looked at the Highlander, but wanted more luxury.
Since then I've kept track of Highlander prices, and it's amazing how high they are based on the dealer inventory I can search on line. Local Toyota dealer has a couple right now, both cost more than what we paid for our 2023 Lexus...I guess if they're going to have fewer cars, they're going to load them to the gills with options you may or may not want.
‘Options equal profits for the manufacturer. It has always been that way.
Old 07-20-23, 11:17 AM
Measured
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 58 Posts
Default RX500h availability?

Locally we have a few in colours I don't want (Ultra White & Caviar). I am willing to wait, but it just depends on how long of a wait.

In British Columbia for reference.

edit: unconfirmed timeline of 4-9 months

Last edited by Measured; 07-20-23 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 07-20-23, 01:44 PM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
‘Options equal profits for the manufacturer. It has always been that way.
yep, I get that, but formerly you could find some cars with fewer options on the lot...I used to peruse the Highlander inventory at a local dealer and they had quite a few cars not heavily loaded with options. Not any more. Just had breakfast with a pal who paid $53,000 for his RAV4 plug in...(ouch).
Old 07-20-23, 02:52 PM
aeromarkco
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Toyota is more supply constrained than Lexus…here in CO there were $5-10K Toyota dealer markups over MSRP in February. Lexus is also a more repeat sales process so the dealers don’t want to **** off their (more) loyal customers.
Old 07-20-23, 08:42 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Measured
Locally we have a few in colours I don't want (Ultra White & Caviar). I am willing to wait, but it just depends on how long of a wait.

In British Columbia for reference.

edit: unconfirmed timeline of 4-9 months
I would assume it’s probably easier to get than a 350h. I got lucky and got a 350h about 5 months wait at a dealer in Lower mainland.
Old 07-20-23, 09:49 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
I would assume it’s probably easier to get than a 350h. I got lucky and got a 350h about 5 months wait at a dealer in Lower mainland.
That’s awesome! lots of 350h’s available and a few 500h’s in inventory (sales rep let me take a photo of inventory). Not personally interested in the RX350 for several reasons. Waiting for my Lexus rep to confirm things a little better tomorrow when he gets back to me about placing an order. I still have a deposit for a Volvo V60 T8 Polestar with allocation pending in a few months.
Old 07-25-23, 10:06 PM
chedge
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking to buy RX350 premium soon. Any recommendations of dealers who give discount ? I am from Georgia
The following users liked this post:
NexusLexusKnight (07-25-23)
Old 07-26-23, 12:24 AM
NexusLexusKnight
4th Gear

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
They will take it off if you ask them to. Sales person said he would w/o hesitation. I've purchased 2 vehicles from them previously n would have again.... although I live in Houston suburbs. I was fortunate that local Houston Lexus dealership went over n beyond to have a Rx Luxury built exactly to our specs and have it assigned to their Dealership, with understanding it would be assigned to us for a purchase.
Just ask during preliminary discussions n it won't be part of the transaction at Sewell.
Good luck!
I am in Houston as well, Willowbrook mall area. What dealership did you purchase from? Was you able to score any discount when you do custom build like that? Was there additional protection package charge when it arrive? Was there any deposit put on? Was it refundable or non-refundable? How long was the waiting for the build to arrive?
Old 07-26-23, 12:29 AM
NexusLexusKnight
4th Gear

Originally Posted by DKNYRX350
Here's the deal I got on RX350 Luxury in Florida. Maybe could've done better but was done with haggling and trying to figure out where they put some $$$ back into the car after the "discount". First price presented out the door with taxes was over $72K, walked out at $67,500. I had in mind where I wanted to be and this was very close to it and the car was the color combo I wanted which was hard to find on dealer lots. Other dealers were more of a pain and claiming not to do any discounts; some saying they are no fee dealers (but there are always fees).

MSRP - $64,625
Selling Price - $62,023
PreDelivery Fee - $799
Electronic Processing/E-Tag Fee - $499 (this is a BS one, but...)
A few other small fees - $6.50
Subtotal - $63328 + 7% tax ($3800) + County Tax + New Tags ($448) = $67,500

Loving the car and took it home same day.
I do not live in your county and state, I am from Houston, Texas. I do not know if Florida or your county allow such Pre-Delivery fee (I believe dealer do this for free. It's their responsibility to do Pre Delivery check of the vehicle before transfering it to customers' hands. Processing fee sounds like a document fee (to do the paperwork). Texas cap it at $150. If over that, dealership must filed for a special permit and would be audited, be looked into more if there is dispute or investigation later on. A quick search shows me Florida does not cap that bs fee 😂
Old 07-26-23, 09:06 AM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NexusLexusKnight
I do not live in your county and state, I am from Houston, Texas. I do not know if Florida or your county allow such Pre-Delivery fee (I believe dealer do this for free. It's their responsibility to do Pre Delivery check of the vehicle before transfering it to customers' hands. Processing fee sounds like a document fee (to do the paperwork). Texas cap it at $150. If over that, dealership must filed for a special permit and would be audited, be looked into more if there is dispute or investigation later on. A quick search shows me Florida does not cap that bs fee 😂
Almost every dealer in Florida charges this pre delivery fee. The disclaimers in the the ads even state that some of it is profit.
Old 07-27-23, 10:29 PM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 23Nori
Did anyone pay below M.S.R.P. for their 2023 RX? Wife was able to bargain $2k below which surprised me. We bought a 2023 Nori Green Premium + with 21" wheels and other options.

After signing the paperwork, I asked the Finance Manager what the Invoice price was, we actually did pretty good...we were ~$1,500 away from invoice.
When I went in to wheel and deal, well there was no wheeling and dealing on the purchase price - I got the hybrid. They said if I purchased a gas model they would be happy to negotiate less than MSRP. I did get them to remove a $800 dealer add on that I was not interested in and got full asking price on my trade (after going back and forth) but it was the first time ever that I paid full MSRP.
However love the car and no regrets.
Old 07-27-23, 10:40 PM
CCGS
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Hefty
I looked at a couple of the local Acura dealers. Was surprised to see that one dealer had 40 MDXes in stock and one had 20. I frankly think the MDX is a better looking vehicle than the RX. If I were not absolutely dead set on a hybrid, I would consider an MDX. Both the MDX and RX ICEs now use premium fuel. The MDX is a bit roomier and has a V6 instead of the turbo 4. Just surprised there are that many MDXes sitting and virtually all of the RXes are sold when they hit the lot. Maybe there is more of a difference in the 2 vehicles than I am aware of, and maybe as you say, once the “newness” of the RX ICEs wear off, more of them will become available.
I agree, traded in my 2017 MDX (time for new SUV and time for much better gas mileage) on the 2023 RX350h (love it after 6 weeks) but had Acura had a 2023 hybrid MDX I would have most likely bought one, love the style.

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX