RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-23, 09:11 AM
mtknight
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When searching for a new RX on a couple dealer websites in Southern California, I noticed that some have the Dealer Adjustment (around 5.4% off from MSRP) while others from the same trim level (either Luxury or Premium Plus) do not have this kind of Adjustment.

For instance, Jim Falk of Beverly Hills has some listed with Dealer Adjustment but not all: https://www.jimfalkbeverlyhillslexus...=new&tr=611666

Lexus San Diego only gives Dealer Adjustment to the Luxury trim, not Premium Plus: https://www.lexussandiego.com/new-in...etPrice%20desc that makes the Luxury trim cheaper.

Does anyone know why?

Has anyone success getting a better discount than 5.4% off MSRP? Particular in Southern California.

Thanks!

Old 07-29-23, 07:26 PM
patnic517
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ywlexus
Hi all, I’m planning on buying a new RX 350 soon. Does 8% off MSRP sound right? Your insights are appreciated!
Yes, that sounds very good from what I've seen so far. I'm in Howell, can you share the dealer and salesperson where you found the 8%? Please feel to private message if you don't want to put up anything here. I'm looking to buy this week. Can you share the final info if you purchased?
Old 07-30-23, 08:22 AM
jaxn1010
Driver

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Purchased a 2023 RX350 Luxury last weekend with I think every option for 7% below MSRP/Sticker of $64,590 USD - I had to shop around a bit, and I live in an area with 5 Lexus dealers in about a 50 mile range, so it pays to look around. Good luck!
Old 07-30-23, 04:04 PM
Barisdad
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 23 RX 500h F Sport

Wondering if anyone was able to negotiate a decent amount of the RX 500h F Sport? Looked around and saw some broker deals around 5 percent off MSRP but they seem to be older information. Have the discounts improved now that summer is here? Looking in the US.
Old 07-30-23, 04:32 PM
mathjak107
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

couldn’t get a penny off . getting it tomorrow
The following users liked this post:
Barisdad (07-30-23)
Old 07-31-23, 07:39 PM
NexusLexusKnight
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jaxn1010
Purchased a 2023 RX350 Luxury last weekend with I think every option for 7% below MSRP/Sticker of $64,590 USD - I had to shop around a bit, and I live in an area with 5 Lexus dealers in about a 50 mile range, so it pays to look around. Good luck!

Was that percentage % off MSRP reflects directly on the one you bought from? I want to know if you had to call each to negotiate, or it is discounted right out from dealership's website. Can I message you for some tips? I check website of 4 local Lexus, visited 1 in person today and didn't get a deal.
Old 07-31-23, 07:51 PM
NexusLexusKnight
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ywlexus
Hi all, I’m planning on buying a new RX 350 soon. Does 8% off MSRP sound right? Your insights are appreciated!
I am interested in this. Would you mind sharing on here or pm on how to get that 8%?
patnic517 (08-07-23)
Old 08-01-23, 04:58 AM
jaxn1010
Driver

Originally Posted by NexusLexusKnight
Was that percentage % off MSRP reflects directly on the one you bought from? I want to know if you had to call each to negotiate, or it is discounted right out from dealership's website. Can I message you for some tips? I check website of 4 local Lexus, visited 1 in person today and didn't get a deal.
DM sent - glad to help and best of luck; it took about 2 weeks for me to get to my final deal.
Old 08-01-23, 07:19 AM
baseballma
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Find a '23 RX 350H AWD Without Being on Long Waitlist

Visited our local dealer yesterday looking for a '23 350H AWD. They explained the inventory issue and offered to take a $1000 deposit to be on a waitlist which could be 6 months to a year. We are specifically looking for a Premium level in Iridium with Palomino or Macadamia interior. Our dealer also adds a $995 care package. For the price of this care package, we are thinking we could locate a car in our specific preferences out of state and either have it delivered or drive to get it (if within 6 hours of Ohio).

Any ideas on locating this model more quickly and efficiently than being on a waitlist for possibly a year?
Old 08-01-23, 07:31 AM
jaxn1010
Driver

I used the inventory search function at the Lexus USA website with Columbus OH as the zip (500 mile radius) and found quite a few that are matches or close to what you are looking for: Lexus RX350H Inventory Once the search window opens, expand the radius out to 250-500 miles and also close the default dealer box and it looks like there are 90+ within that search radius in Iridium. That's how I finally found my RX350 with exactly what I wanted; I know the RX350H is hard to find, but hope this helps.
Old 08-01-23, 09:47 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

There is also that reddit board, you could try searching there also. Pull down the 350 Hybrid spreadsheet and do some sorts/filters. I will say that my car never showed up on that sheet however.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lexus/comme...mment/jhl3usz/

Quick search - for some reason, Michigan is a wasteland for the 350h. Zero cars in any trim. Try a neighboring state.

Last edited by lexusnyca; 08-01-23 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-01-23, 09:55 AM
Klamalama
Pit Crew

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

I got mine from a Dallas dealer in one week (not a typo).

They showed me the long, long waiting list and attributed it to buyers being very specific on their option and color choices. I then gave them my very broad list and was prepared to wait several months (no deposit required).

This dealer keeps the usual Lexus website where they show stock and incoming. Naturally, they are all spoken for. A couple of days later, I decided to check out their website again and found one RX350h AWD Premium+, in Copper Crest, that was not marked as pre-sold. I emailed sales and asked if indeed this unit was available. It was available and I took it. I got delivery exactly 1 week after I first stepped into the dealership.

So, do check dealer websites to find what might not yet be sold. You might get lucky.
Old 08-01-23, 10:22 AM
vincentdjh
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After being put on the "possibly 6 month" wait list back in March, I also tried to find my ideal car sooner rather than later myself - and I was willing to go wherever in the US.

However, I was not successful. Often cars that showed "available" via Lexus web, were in fact, spoken for - and then there were several dealerships that would not sell a car out-of-state - and lastly there was the dealership that added $3K above MSRP due to high hybrid demand. Noooooo

In the end my wait (Green Lux hybrid) was 3.5 months and I'm happy as can be.

Good luck
The following 2 users liked this post by vincentdjh:
GoBlue97 (08-03-23), Keyman04 (09-11-23)
Old 08-03-23, 04:29 PM
GoBlue97
10th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vincentdjh
After being put on the "possibly 6 month" wait list back in March, I also tried to find my ideal car sooner rather than later myself - and I was willing to go wherever in the US.

However, I was not successful. Often cars that showed "available" via Lexus web, were in fact, spoken for - and then there were several dealerships that would not sell a car out-of-state - and lastly there was the dealership that added $3K above MSRP due to high hybrid demand. Noooooo

In the end my wait (Green Lux hybrid) was 3.5 months and I'm happy as can be.

Good luck
Similar experience but we only waited 1.5 months. In late June, on our first day of visiting various Lexus and non-Lexus dealers, I put down a deposit with my preferred dealer with a build date around mid-July for a spec we liked. Our rx350h arrived a last week. We have several dealers in the dc area who would match the price I wanted for the rx350h, but I looked while I was waiting and nearly all rx350h premium plus and luxury models were reserved or pre-sold. Granted, a few were available for a day or two once they hit the lot but usually in colors I would not consider. I also looked at other brands. Everything worked out so I didn’t need to deal elsewhere. Still, I don’t see many of them on the roads yet and I see even fewer available on inventory lists.

Love the car. Our other car is an EV (which I also love) and I think the Lexus is underpowered in comparison, but we plan to use the Lexus on trips and the MPGs make up for difference in power. The ride comfort and interior quality are comparable and top notch.
Old 08-03-23, 05:52 PM
charliebos
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jaxn1010
DM sent - glad to help and best of luck; it took about 2 weeks for me to get to my final deal.
Hello, Please provide your strategy to negotiate your deal on a RX vehicle. Thank you in advance, Charlie
patnic517 (08-07-23)

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX