RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-23, 08:09 PM
guyver
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which dealership?
I'm also looking to get a 350h premium plus, but with the upgraded speakers. Pretty much all the dealerships want me to move up to the luxury trim, but I don't want the bigger wheels.
Did you custom order?

Originally Posted by R9000
For those in the LA Area - I just put a deposit down for a 23 RX350H Premium + and paid sticker, plus 1K for interior "permaplate" protection warranty for 3 years - they would only sell at sticker if I bought the warranty.
I had called around to several LA dealerships and all wanted between 2 to 4k price adjustment for the hybrid, other than Longo, but they had very long wait list as they sell at sticker. However, few had the color combo I wanted, so I pulled the trigger and put down a deposit of $500 - the car is being made in Canada next month in Feb.

RX 350H Premimun+ AWD
Included Options:
  • Panoramic 360 View Monitor
  • Traffic Jam Assist
  • Headsup Display
  • Digital Rearview Mirror
  • 120 AC Inverter
  • Digital Key
  • Heated / Ventilated Rear Seats
  • Door Edge Film
  • Cargo Mat, Net, Key Gloves
  • Power Rear Door Kick Sensor
  • Advanced Park
  • Moonroof with Roof Rails
Total: $61,180
Permaplate: $1,000
Old 01-08-23, 10:04 PM
SaraLvsLxs
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by R9000
Thanks - Interesting - the dealer told me the min deposit was 1K and you just paid 500. Thanks for that tip

you need to go to a Monogram dealer. They generally don’t have mark ups. Ask for Donnie at Crown Lexus or Michael Boone at Lexus of Escondido. I had a deposit on one with Michael and then decided to cancel, it was super easy, no questions asked and I had my money back in a day or so. Neither dealership has mark ups except for the plug in hybrids.
Old 01-08-23, 10:09 PM
SaraLvsLxs
Rookie

Originally Posted by guyver
Which dealership?
I'm also looking to get a 350h premium plus, but with the upgraded speakers. Pretty much all the dealerships want me to move up to the luxury trim, but I don't want the bigger wheels.
Did you custom order?

Try a Monogram dealer. They generally don’t have mark ups or a lot of fluff add ons. Ask for Donnie at Crown Lexus or Michael Boone at Lexus of Escondido - both are worth the drive from LA.
Old 01-09-23, 09:59 AM
guyver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SaraLvsLxs
Try a Monogram dealer. They generally don’t have mark ups or a lot of fluff add ons. Ask for Donnie at Crown Lexus or Michael Boone at Lexus of Escondido - both are worth the drive from LA.
​​​​​​​Thank you. I emailed Lexus of Escondido, the person (not Michael) said the wait is about 8 months. 2k for deposit and it seems they do add accessories instead of marking up the price.
Old 01-09-23, 10:10 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

Thank you. I emailed Lexus of Escondido, the person (not Michael) said the wait is about 8 months. 2k for deposit and it seems they do add accessories instead of marking up the price.
Wow thats a long wait and hopefully it wont be as long as the NXs! Hoping you find your RX soon!
Old 01-09-23, 10:20 AM
guyver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Julius071
Wow thats a long wait and hopefully it wont be as long as the NXs! Hoping you find your RX soon!
Well, for the pearl white color at least, especially with the mark levinson speakers.
Old 01-09-23, 10:23 AM
SaraLvsLxs
Rookie

Thank you. I emailed Lexus of Escondido, the person (not Michael) said the wait is about 8 months. 2k for deposit and it seems they do add accessories instead of marking up the price.

Wow! I would definitely speak to Michael directly. He is awesome and very straight forward. I did pay a $2,000 deposit when I was waiting with them but no add ons. Maybe wheel locks for $125.

I’ve had the same experience with Donnie at Crown being transparent. Donnie is head of the sales department, just below the GM. He was able to secure an RX for me that will be here this week, no add ons. He’s also offered me other options the past few weeks that I declined. I also want Eminent White Pearl.
Old 01-09-23, 11:11 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 384 Likes on 262 Posts

Going to be hard to get the Levinson in anything except the Luxury trim, as its parts constrained right now.
The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (01-10-23)
Old 01-09-23, 12:01 PM
guyver
Driver School Candidate

Ya, that's what I'm hearing from Longo lexus and a few other dealers.
I did find one premium plus rx350h in Vegas that has the Levinson speakers.

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
Going to be hard to get the Levinson in anything except the Luxury trim, as its parts constrained right now.
SaraLvsLxs (01-09-23)
Old 01-09-23, 04:16 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

I am reading that MDXes are selling for $2500 below MSRP. That vehicle is really the main head to head cross-shop competitor to the RX. These RX markups, or forced add-ons, aren't going to last long (hybrids aside).
Old 01-10-23, 05:41 AM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
I am reading that MDXes are selling for $2500 below MSRP. That vehicle is really the main head to head cross-shop competitor to the RX. These RX markups, or forced add-ons, aren't going to last long (hybrids aside).
I looked at a couple of the local Acura dealers. Was surprised to see that one dealer had 40 MDXes in stock and one had 20. I frankly think the MDX is a better looking vehicle than the RX. If I were not absolutely dead set on a hybrid, I would consider an MDX. Both the MDX and RX ICEs now use premium fuel. The MDX is a bit roomier and has a V6 instead of the turbo 4. Just surprised there are that many MDXes sitting and virtually all of the RXes are sold when they hit the lot. Maybe there is more of a difference in the 2 vehicles than I am aware of, and maybe as you say, once the “newness” of the RX ICEs wear off, more of them will become available.
ncRXhybrid (02-05-23)
Old 01-10-23, 07:42 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts

The more I follow this thread, the more convinced I am that I just don't want Infotainment and other (to me) unnecessary items. Looking to grab an AWD 350 Premium with few other options, but right now I can't even find one to sit in. Hope to bargain for one in April. Have noted a couple dealers have cut their MSRP price pemium (i.e. gouging) from $2500 to $1000...
Old 01-10-23, 07:49 AM
Old Jedi
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I shopped MDXs and RXs both in early December. I thought the Lexus was more comfortable. What really turned me off of the MDX was the touchpad to operate the infotainment system. The screen was too far away to see clearly to begin with, and the touchpad was awkward and distracting. I'd have to say that was the real deal-breaker for me.
FMY421 (01-10-23)
Old 01-10-23, 08:03 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

The MDX is for someone who needs 7 seats really - and yes the Acura infotainment system is not too good.
FMY421 (01-10-23)
Old 01-10-23, 08:40 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

The following 2 users liked this post by lexusnyca:
FMY421 (01-10-23), Hefty (01-10-23)

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX