RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-23, 09:27 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by budwom
The more I follow this thread, the more convinced I am that I just don't want Infotainment and other (to me) unnecessary items. Looking to grab an AWD 350 Premium with few other options, but right now I can't even find one to sit in. Hope to bargain for one in April. Have noted a couple dealers have cut their MSRP price pemium (i.e. gouging) from $2500 to $1000...
They'll be selling the 350 models for under MSRP very soon.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (01-12-23)
Old 01-11-23, 01:41 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
They'll be selling the 350 models for under MSRP very soon.
Says who. Source?
Old 01-11-23, 08:24 PM
ishh
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Says who. Source?
lexus of Lehigh valley is already selling some of their 2023 Lexus rx350 gas models under MSRP from what I can see on their site.
dklanecky1 (01-12-23)
Old 01-11-23, 08:33 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ishh
lexus of Lehigh valley is already selling some of their 2023 Lexus rx350 gas models under MSRP from what I can see on their site.
​​​​​​​I've never seen a Dealership put a new vehicle for Sale at under MSRP just bc. Now incentives of 1,000, 2,500 that everyone can use that's different. ​​​​​​​But to say this car is MSRP 52,000 ... but we listing at 49000.. new to me. Obviously negotiations are a totally different story which we've all experienced before n done before. Even the novice negotiator could get 3-7% discount before these turbulent times in Auto Industry. ​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​Good luck!​​​​​​​
Old 01-12-23, 02:16 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Avoid this place if you like to throw away cash for nothing

Tustin Lexus in Southern California is asking for a ridiculous $20K markup.

I understand that CA has already legalized marijuana but I think this dealership encourages their salespeople to smoke it. Goes to show what sort of dealership this place is.

RolfK (01-21-23)
Old 01-12-23, 02:27 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTuckers

I understand that CA has already legalized marijuana but I think this dealership encourages their salespeople to smoke it. Goes to show what sort of dealership this place is.
Wow thats at lot of monies
Old 01-12-23, 02:37 PM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

[QUOTE=MrTuckers;11427837]Tustin Lexus in Southern California is asking for a ridiculous $20K markup.

Wow. That’s insane. My dealer claims he has no markup but charges $999 for window tint, door edge film and one other random add on that I can’t remember now and also charges $799 for a dealer doc fee or admin fee. Items I would have refused in the past but I guess that’s where we are at least for the time being on hybrids.

This CA dealer must think his customers are smoking too.
MrTuckers (01-12-23)
Old 01-12-23, 02:57 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

[QUOTE=Hefty;11427850]
Originally Posted by MrTuckers

Wow. That’s insane. My dealer claims he has no markup but charges $999 for window tint, door edge film and one other random add on that I can’t remember now and also charges $799 for a dealer doc fee or admin fee. Items I would have refused in the past but I guess that’s where we are at least for the time being on hybrids.

This CA dealer must think his customers are smoking too.
I know right- for $20K I can get another used car with this amount. If your dealer charges you extra but you DO get something in return and there's no way to get around it, at least they're giving you something and maybe you can negotiate on those added costs.

But for this dealership, you get nothing for $20K- smiling salespeople that will be laughing behind the conference doors, toasting champagne glasses while they watch this poor sucker drive off the lot. Absurd!
Old 01-12-23, 04:10 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

[QUOTE=MrTuckers;11427860]
Originally Posted by Hefty

I know right- for $20K I can get another used car with this amount. If your dealer charges you extra but you DO get something in return and there's no way to get around it, at least they're giving you something and maybe you can negotiate on those added costs.

But for this dealership, you get nothing for $20K- smiling salespeople that will be laughing behind the conference doors, toasting champagne glasses while they watch this poor sucker drive off the lot. Absurd!
My salesman says $4000 mu on H Luxury and F Sport. MSRP on the others.
High interest rates and over list. What’s this world coming to? I still have almost a year on my extended warranty on my MDX. I may wait it out.
Old 01-12-23, 05:43 PM
VanVan
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you guys help me to understand what the safe key is? And also, if I sign the proposal form, does that mean that there is no room for negotiation when the car arrives. They asked me to put $1000 deposit, which is refundable if I don’t like the car when I see it.
Old 01-12-23, 07:15 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

In theory, there is room to negotiate. In reality, they are not really negotiating.
Old 01-12-23, 07:30 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Default Nice Dealer list (No Markup)

I wonder if or someone in the forum can put together a list of dealers who are and are not adding Markup on their RXs.

Do we have that information here on the forum someplace? I know that they did back in the Honda forum I also belong to as someone had the inside scoop on that info and listed it all down on Google Spreadsheet to help those who are trying to get into car.
Old 01-12-23, 08:43 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
The MDX is for someone who needs 7 seats really - and yes the Acura infotainment system is not too good.
Have never used the 3rd row. The space comes in handy though.
ncRXhybrid (02-05-23)
Old 01-14-23, 06:54 AM
VInice289
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have time to put together a spreadsheet list of dealers but I can tell you that Reinhardt Lexus in Montgomery Al only adds auto butler to their price. I, however, was able to get them to remove it since not only is it worthless- there are no available auto butler dealers in Orlando.
Old 01-14-23, 07:12 AM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Hefty
I looked at a couple of the local Acura dealers. Was surprised to see that one dealer had 40 MDXes in stock and one had 20. I frankly think the MDX is a better looking vehicle than the RX. If I were not absolutely dead set on a hybrid, I would consider an MDX. Both the MDX and RX ICEs now use premium fuel. The MDX is a bit roomier and has a V6 instead of the turbo 4. Just surprised there are that many MDXes sitting and virtually all of the RXes are sold when they hit the lot. Maybe there is more of a difference in the 2 vehicles than I am aware of, and maybe as you say, once the “newness” of the RX ICEs wear off, more of them will become available.
I have a 17 MDX Advance 3rd gen. hybrid. If the 4th gen offered a hybrid, I’d own it now. Since they don’t, I’m looking at the RX 350h. Maybe I need to wait. I have almost a year left on my extended warranty. Have had no issues, and interest rates are so high now. Plus the market adjustments.

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX