RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-23, 04:32 AM
tonygaa55
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VInice289
I don't have time to put together a spreadsheet list of dealers but I can tell you that Reinhardt Lexus in Montgomery Al only adds auto butler to their price. I, however, was able to get them to remove it since not only is it worthless- there are no available auto butler dealers in Orlando.
I am located where you are as well. Did you end up purchasing? do you have to ship it? will they? Imay call today. I havent gone that far out yet but did check atlanta. Still difficult to find
Old 01-15-23, 06:30 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTuckers
I wonder if or someone in the forum can put together a list of dealers who are and are not adding Markup on their RXs.

Do we have that information here on the forum someplace? I know that they did back in the Honda forum I also belong to as someone had the inside scoop on that info and listed it all down on Google Spreadsheet to help those who are trying to get into car.
I've been trying to talk to the guys in Manchester NH and Latham NY, and both want premiums over MSRP. Not gonna happen...but I've noted that the markup decision is month to month, and it's gone down from $2500 to $1000 so when the markup disappears I'll be in to buy.
I just want to be able to order what I want, so many expensive options I have zero use for, I'll save my money that way...
Old 01-15-23, 06:32 AM
budwom
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Hefty;11427850]
Tustin Lexus in Southern California is asking for a ridiculous $20K markup.

I understand that CA has already legalized marijuana but I think this dealership encourages their salespeople to smoke it. Goes to show what sort of dealership this place is.

Wow. That’s insane. My dealer claims he has no markup but charges $999 for window tint, door edge film and one other random add on that I can’t remember now and also charges $799 for a dealer doc fee or admin fee. Items I would have refused in the past but I guess that’s where we are at least for the time being on hybrids.

This CA dealer must think his customers are smoking too.
I am going to avoid all the dealer added stuff. Marginal use, ridiculous prices. Even the "winter" mats I bought from our Lexus dealer years ago were flimsy pieces of junk, had to replace them with Weather Tek decent mats.
The following users liked this post:
MrTuckers (01-16-23)
Old 01-15-23, 11:58 AM
MrTuckers
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I should have been more careful in looking at the options in addition to just focusing on the exterior/interior color combos.

Out of all the options included in this vehicle, can anyone chime in as to what is worth getting with this car? I was comparing two build sheets and I think the higher option added worthwhile to me is that Mark Levinson 21 speaker sound system which includes navigation,
panoramic roof (not just moon roof), park assist, etc.

Are you forced to buy their Navi system if you also want the sound system as well? Comparing two build sheets, I can see that the option which includes this sound system is $2200 vs $1100 in cost differences.

I use Apple Maps so having this navigation system would be worthless to me but I do want the sound system if we’re already paying this much for the vehicle.

Old 01-15-23, 12:05 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

I should have been more careful in looking at the options in addition to just focusing on the exterior/interior color combos.

Out of all the options included in this vehicle, can anyone chime in as to what is worth getting with this car? I was comparing two build sheets and I think the higher option added worthwhile to me is that Mark Levinson 21 speaker sound system which includes navigation,
panoramic roof (not just moon roof), park assist, etc.

Are you forced to buy their Navi system if you also want the sound system as well? I use Apple Maps so having this navigation system would be worthless to me but I do want the sound system if we’re already paying this much for the vehicle.
I haven’t used Lexus nav since the invention of Google Maps and the iPhone. Apple Car play with the cord was a game changer, and this new cordless setup is a further game changer. All of that being said, all of my Lexi have had the nav because of what you said…part of the packaging. And to some extent resale value, in that no one wants a high end car without nav, even though no one uses anything but phone based Google or Apple Maps or Waze. Built in car nav is sort of like CD players…made obsolete by smartphones. Sooner or later they will disappear. Until then they will be like mammary glands on a bull…ornamental and useless.
MrTuckers (01-15-23)
Old 01-15-23, 05:22 PM
VInice289
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonygaa55
I am located where you are as well. Did you end up purchasing? do you have to ship it? will they? Imay call today. I havent gone that far out yet but did check atlanta. Still difficult to find
I'm waiting on the vehicle to arrive at the dealership. The last update it was on the rail in Michigan and should be arriving at the dealership by the 26th. I purchased the Luxury hybrid with all the options at MSRP for $66,655. The only dealer options they attempted to add was the Auto butler but since there are no auto butler reps in Orlando, they agreed to remove it from the sale.
I'm picking it up myself as they don't have the option to ship. My sales rep is Jake Melton- real easy guy to work with.
Old 01-16-23, 12:31 AM
MrTuckers
Driver

Talk about leaving a bad sour taste in your mouth.

Yesterday morning around 9am, I was contacted through email by a dealer in Oregon who I have been in contact with since November for an RX500H but didn't make any prior commitments (such as putting down reservation deposit) but this dealer continued to keep in contact with me regardless and update me of any vehicles arriving at his dealership both through text message an email.

In his email, he tells that he has a vehicle headed to the dealership that had the exact exterior/interior color combo that I've been looking for. I was still asleep when he sent me that email but not even 30 min. had gone by until I read it. Of course I was excited an all worked-up. I immediately send him an email response and told him I was interested in purchasing and then headed into the shower. 20 min. after I get out of the shower, he says the car got sold. I'm like what?

I'm thinking what a jerk- if he even remotely felt that I didn't even have a chance at making a purchase for this, why even mention any information to me at all in the first place?

I send an email asking him why even mention this information to me and then instead of allowing me to make a purchase, for it, he goes ahead and gives the green-light to one of his salespeople to make the sell. His added response was that he has 15 salesmen on the floor who wanted to sell it immediately.

From what this guy told me a few months ago, they have implemented an internal lottery system that would determine what salesman/woman would have the pleasure of selling this vehicle and of course make the commission on it. This guy is the sales manager, so he's not one of those that is included in the lottery. Even if any of those salespeople already have someone on their list, he should have just assigned me to that salesperson to start the transaction. He then tries to save face by telling me that I'm now on top of his priority list- no apologies given at all for what happened. Total Jerk!

For those who are looking for a vehicle up in Portland, the dealership is Lexus of Portland and the guy's name is Dan Garvin. I don't appreciate this guy's dishonesty and now I know what kind of person I or anyone else would be dealing with. That's not how you should be treating potential customers. As of yesterday, I've cut off all communications with this guy. He's already lost my business.

Avoid this guy at all costs as he may play you like the way he did to me. Really upsetting indeed and ruined my entire day!

Last edited by MrTuckers; 01-16-23 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-16-23, 02:11 PM
budwom
Intermediate

Just perused the web site of a dealer in Florida I'll be near in a few weeks...they say their "inventory" has 49 RX350s (2023) in stock. Every single one of them is "in transit." I really need to sit in one before I order one, this is evidently too much to ask these days.
Old 01-16-23, 02:19 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by budwom
Just perused the web site of a dealer in Florida I'll be near in a few weeks...they say their "inventory" has 49 RX350s (2023) in stock. Every single one of them is "in transit." I really need to sit in one before I order one, this is evidently too much to ask these days.
Depends on a few things. First of all, does "order" mean some large deposit that's not refundable? Most are $1000 deposits that ARE refundable. Second, are you a "Lexus guy"? If so, you can be pretty much assured you're gonna like this vehicle. And if there are 49 on the way, you probably can find one that's what you want. Unless it's a big non-refundable deposit, why not "order it" (meaning reserve one from this incoming inventory)?
Old 01-16-23, 02:22 PM
rx500hIL
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the process of trying to buy an RX 500h. I contacted a local dealer and was told that they are not taking custom orders and that they will try to get an allocation close to what I'm looking for but it likely won't have the exact options that I want. I'm surprised by this, anyone know why this is?

Who puts together the options for the cars that end up at the dealer lots? Wouldn't that be the dealership? If so, why can't I order the car with the options I want?

Old 01-16-23, 02:29 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Originally Posted by rx500hIL
I'm in the process of trying to buy an RX 500h. I contacted a local dealer and was told that they are not taking custom orders and that they will try to get an allocation close to what I'm looking for but it likely won't have the exact options that I want. I'm surprised by this, anyone know why this is?

Who puts together the options for the cars that end up at the dealer lots? Wouldn't that be the dealership? If so, why can't I order the car with the options I want?
I also pondered the same question to another dealer who I was also in contact with (not the jerk from up above).

The way they do it is that they put in an allocation (not sure if that’s only by exterior/interior color) and they just wait for whatever the factory sends them.

I'm currently #3 of 3 waiting for a white exterior and if those two in front of me choose the car that arrives with the most options, I could end up with the one that has least. Or on the flip side, they choose the least and I end up with the most, etc.

I think the only two options I see worthwhile having if you’re already paying for this much has to be that Mark Levinson sound system but doesn’t the vehicle already come installed with that? The only thing I’m not certain about is whether there are two Mark Levinson versions (11 speaker vs 21 speaker). I did compare two different build sheets and I believe the higher options on the list are the Navi, digital key (meaning I think you can use your phone for keyless entry) and also that panaromic camera view.
FMY421 (01-16-23)
Old 01-16-23, 02:39 PM
rx500hIL
7th Gear

I also pondered the same question to another dealer who I was also in contact with (not the jerk from up above).

The way they do it is that they put in an allocation (not sure if that’s only by exterior/interior color) and they just wait for whatever the factory sends them.

I'm currently #3 of 3 waiting for a white exterior and if those two in front of me choose the car that arrives with the most options, I could end up with the one that has least. Or on the flip side, they choose the least and I end up with the most, etc.

I think the only two options I see worthwhile having if you’re already paying for this much has to be that Mark Levinson sound system but doesn’t the vehicle already come installed with that? The only thing I’m not certain about is whether there are two Mark Levinson versions (11 speaker vs 21 speaker). I did compare two different build sheets and I believe the higher options on the list are the Navi, digital key (meaning I think you can use your phone for keyless entry) and also that panaromic camera view.
The issue I'm seeing is that typically the 500h stock here is fully optioned and I'm working within a budget and/or simply don't care for some of the options such as panorama roof (don't care for it at all), AC inverter, power rear seats, or heated/cooled rear seats. I do want the ML audio, and everything else. It looks like I will be forced to either wait or buy a fully optioned model for $2-$3K more than I expected.
Old 01-16-23, 02:56 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

The issue I'm seeing is that typically the 500h stock here is fully optioned and I'm working within a budget and/or simply don't care for some of the options such as panorama roof (don't care for it at all), AC inverter, power rear seats, or heated/cooled rear seats. I do want the ML audio, and everything else. It looks like I will be forced to either wait or buy a fully optioned model for $2-$3K more than I expected.
I think the delta between the least option vs the most that I calculated was about $3600. The bulk of the cost came from the sound system, panoramic cameras and that keyless system. Other than that I thought the heated rear seats came standard.
Old 01-16-23, 03:01 PM
rx500hIL
7th Gear

I think the delta between the least option vs the most that I calculated was about $3600. The bulk of the cost came from the sound system, panoramic cameras and that keyless system. Other than that I thought the heated rear seats came standard.
Power rear seats and heated/ventilated rear seats are optional and add $1,230. AC inverter is a $550 option, and the panorama roof is a $500 option. All together that's an additional $2,280 in options I don't care for.
Old 01-16-23, 03:07 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

Power rear seats and heated/ventilated rear seats are optional and add $1,230. AC inverter is a $550 option, and the panorama roof is a $500 option. All together that's an additional $2,280 in options I don't care for.
Thanks for clarifying. I also probably don’t need that AC inverter but I would like to have that heated/ventilated seats to be future proof for global warming.

But yes, as I said earlier, you could end up with the most, the least or the mid depending on where you are on the reservation list or you may just end up buying whatever they have just to avoid waiting for the next shipment of allocations to arrive which at that point it may just make sense to wait for the 2024 model to be released. My dealer says no later than April for me since I passed up the caviar exterior he had for sale. But since it’s my wife’s car, she said she’s willing to wait for it which means I continue to be her Uber driver until that when it day arrives. 😭

Last edited by MrTuckers; 01-16-23 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Lease/Purchase Price of 2023 RX