RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

How many Key Fob are included with new RX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-23 | 07:55 AM
Barbfromboulder
9th Gear

Default No Digital Access

I was surprised not to have this feature. It is listed on Sticker if you have it. The problem for me it, I did not know what it was and
I never looked for it.

Originally Posted by Barbfromboulder
I was told that my 2023 RX350 Premium does not have Digital Key access. Customer Service looked at my VIN and said my vehicle does not have access to this: even a subscription for it. Anyone else?
Old 07-31-23 | 08:33 AM
ReggieRx
Rookie

Originally Posted by Barbfromboulder
I was surprised not to have this feature. It is listed on Sticker if you have it. The problem for me it, I did not know what it was and
I never looked for it.
Me too. Assumed I had it as I mistakenly thought it was on all options. Bummed I didn’t get it.
Old 08-01-23 | 06:24 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Just yesterday, we received an email from Lexus (corporate) that, in effect, told us to 'BE PATIENT' 'cause you ain't gonna get that second key anytime soon....

At least, they are communicating.
Old 08-01-23 | 10:32 AM
Deeps1
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Just yesterday, we received an email from Lexus (corporate) that, in effect, told us to 'BE PATIENT' 'cause you ain't gonna get that second key anytime soon....

At least, they are communicating.
the dealer told me that they were finalizing last yrs orders so i probably wont see it till the end of the year at best
Old 08-01-23 | 10:37 AM
krafty81
Pit Crew

Ridiculous.
Old 08-01-23 | 10:44 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by Deeps1
the dealer told me that they were finalizing last yrs orders so i probably wont see it till the end of the year at best
I don't think there's a chance the Spring 23 builds get their second key in 2023.
Old 08-01-23 | 11:53 AM
budwom
Advanced

Originally Posted by Urlik
I don't think there's a chance the Spring 23 builds get their second key in 2023.
well, I squawked to the dealer and got an appointment one month later, which will be August 18...squeaky wheel and all that. (had originally been told 1-2 months, when it stretched to four months I made an issue of it)
Old 08-01-23 | 02:47 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

This is starting to become worrisome. Even that website I had bookmarked that sold an aftermarket FOB, is out of stock on it. Its hard to decode the FOBs on alibaba to see if any of them are a direct match.
Old 08-01-23 | 03:01 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by budwom
well, I squawked to the dealer and got an appointment one month later, which will be August 18...squeaky wheel and all that. (had originally been told 1-2 months, when it stretched to four months I made an issue of it)
I'm just not that self important and knew what the wait was before the purchase. I got a 230 mile drive to the closest dealer anyway.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (08-02-23)
Old 08-02-23 | 04:46 AM
budwom
Advanced

I'm just not that self important and knew what the wait was before the purchase. I got a 230 mile drive to the closest dealer anyway.
Thanks for calling me self important, much appreciated. I "knew" what the wait was too, 1-2 months, except it obviously wasn't.
We are going somewhere in two months which requires handing over our keys to a valet, and I have no interest in parting with our only keys hundreds of miles from home.

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Old 08-02-23 | 10:20 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by budwom
Thanks for calling me self important, much appreciated. I "knew" what the wait was too, 1-2 months, except it obviously wasn't.
We are going somewhere in two months which requires handing over our keys to a valet, and I have no interest in parting with our only keys hundreds of miles from home.

Again, thanks for the kind words!
Honestly didn't mean to belittle you and I apologize. Never lost a key in 45 years of driving so just I'm not worried about waiting my turn behind the people who got their cars before I got mine.
Old 08-02-23 | 10:44 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

I'm just not that self important and knew what the wait was before the purchase.l.
Humble, too!

Anyhow I bought 8 months ago and was told the wait would be a couple months.
Old 08-02-23 | 11:37 AM
budwom
Advanced

Honestly didn't mean to belittle you and I apologize. Never lost a key in 45 years of driving so just I'm not worried about waiting my turn behind the people who got their cars before I got mine.
good enough. I haven't lost a key either but I'm going to have a situation, as a I mentioned, where I have to give up my key to a valet, and when it's the only key to my car it makes me very nervous, especially since the venue is hundreds of miles from home.

I was fine when I was told with confidence that I'd have a key in "April or May, now the word seems end of year or later, so I whined to them. I don't like doing that, but clearly I was misled (and I don't blame the dealer, I blame Lexus). Just does not seem like a reasonable look for a company charging well over $50k for a vehicle...
Old 08-02-23 | 12:03 PM
jahnjva
Intermediate

Since this whole 2nd key issue seems to not be going away any time soon, I would think Lexus would look for alternate suppliers. Maybe they are? but it would be nice if they gave their customers waiting for keys, a list of steps they are doing to secure more keys.
lexusnyca (08-02-23)
Old 08-02-23 | 12:57 PM
budwom
Advanced

Originally Posted by jahnjva
Since this whole 2nd key issue seems to not be going away any time soon, I would think Lexus would look for alternate suppliers. Maybe they are? but it would be nice if they gave their customers waiting for keys, a list of steps they are doing to secure more keys.
This is what I don't really understand. I was in the semiconductor business for 25 years, and while I can understand the supply chain constraints a year ago, they should have been fixed by now. Lesser manufacturers than Toyota are providing two keys.
lexusnyca (08-02-23)

Quick Reply: How many Key Fob are included with new RX?