RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

How many Key Fob are included with new RX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-23, 01:22 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 394 Likes on 268 Posts

Out of stock:
https://www.key4.com/lexus-rx350-rx5...0e620-hyq14flc
https://www.uhs-hardware.com/product...0-hyq14flc-oem
Old 08-02-23, 01:37 PM
krafty81
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Urlik
Honestly didn't mean to belittle you and I apologize. Never lost a key in 45 years of driving so just I'm not worried about waiting my turn behind the people who got their cars before I got mine.
You jinxed it! You'll lose your keys for sure!
Old 08-02-23, 02:42 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 410 Likes on 276 Posts

Guys we shouldn’t have to justify why we need a second fob. Even if someone has zero need they are still owed a second fob. We paid for the car and we’re promised a second fob in a couple months which did not happen, yet Lexus continues to sell as many new cars as they can and giving those new owners fobs that should be going to us.
The following users liked this post:
IBen (08-23-23)
Old 08-10-23, 12:37 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

They fobs are back in stock at the 3rd party suppliers - I wonder if it pays to just buy one and keep it around for an emergency, in case you lose one and the dealer has none?
Old 08-11-23, 06:11 PM
madmax24
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I bought my 2023 RX 350 Luxury in Nov 22. They had a sticker in the window that said the 2nd key fob would be mailed by Toyota, in about 30 days. It is now mid-Aug 23 and Lexus isn't even communicating with customers. This is my 4th RX. I love the car but I will never buy another one because of Lexus' failure to communicate with customers. Why are Hondas being delivered with 2 fobs? Toyota has leverage to get the chips and manufacturing for production of the fobs. They just don't want to eat into their profit. They are forgetting about the number of customers who will desert the brand after this fiasco.

I frequently have to use valet parking, so it worries me to turn my only fob over to a parking attendant. Digital key doesn't seem to work well.with Android devices. In fact, my Lexus Tech couldn't even make it work at all.
Old 08-11-23, 06:20 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax24
I bought my 2023 RX 350 Luxury in Nov 22. They had a sticker in the window that said the 2nd key fob would be mailed by Toyota, in about 30 days. It is now mid-Aug 23 and Lexus isn't even communicating with customers. This is my 4th RX. I love the car but I will never buy another one because of Lexus' failure to communicate with customers. Why are Hondas being delivered with 2 fobs? Toyota has leverage to get the chips and manufacturing for production of the fobs. They just don't want to eat into their profit. They are forgetting about the number of customers who will desert the brand after this fiasco.

I frequently have to use valet parking, so it worries me to turn my only fob over to a parking attendant. Digital key doesn't seem to work well.with Android devices. In fact, my Lexus Tech couldn't even make it work at all.
I’ve made the Digital Key work for me, but I agree it doesn’t work well. You’re right overall, but swearing off the brand over this temporary “supply chain era” issue is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Urlik (08-13-23)
Old 08-11-23, 06:25 PM
GreenGobln
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax24

Have you never received any letters or emails with updates? My wife sure did. When we bought the car 6 months ago at the dealership they told us we would have to wait for the 2nd fob. We received an email and a letter in the mail about it then the letter not to long ago saying they were switching to a new program where the dealer has to order the 2nd fob. She had one a week later. Have you tried calling the dealer lately?
Urlik (08-11-23)
Old 08-12-23, 04:52 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 199 Likes on 142 Posts

We got an email Lexus on July 31 2023 stating that "we will provide you with your second key as soon as possible and will notify you by First Class Mail when it becomes available, and provide information on how to obtain your key from your dealer."

No mention of the dealer needing to order the 2nd FOB.

They DID say "any questions, contact the Lexus Brand Engagement Center at 1-800-255-3987". Anyone tried calling that number yet?
Old 08-12-23, 07:14 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

I agree that if they saw a surge in calls to the 800 number about this issue, maybe they would get moving. The 3rd party suppliers have the key in stock now, so its being produced, why isn't Lexus moving with this?
Old 08-12-23, 09:47 AM
tedward155
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

This is the email reply from my salesman at the local Lexus dealer. I bought my RX 350h from him in January of this year. When he was selling me the car he said, the key will be in within the month, and I'll call you to come in and pick it up. Now, nearly 7 months later, this is his email reply to my inquiry yesterday:

"Actually Lexus will reach out directly through email and mail about when your key will be at the dealership. When you get the info you can call our service dept and schedule a appt to pick up your key and get it programmed."

I'm fed up with the blase' attitude about this from him, the dealership, and Lexus. I wrote him a couple of weeks ago and told him I wanted to be on his list to call as soon as the 24 GX 460 started to arrive. I'm buying one as a second car to take on trips. Now, I will probably use a different salesman or a different dealership when I do buy it. I won't leave Lexus but I will have to make some changes just to make myself feel better, if nothing else.
Old 08-12-23, 09:49 AM
ReggieRx
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tedward155
This is the email reply from my salesman at the local Lexus dealer. I bought my RX 350h from him in January of this year. When he was selling me the car he said, the key will be in within the month, and I'll call you to come in and pick it up. Now, nearly 7 months later, this is his email reply to my inquiry yesterday:

"Actually Lexus will reach out directly through email and mail about when your key will be at the dealership. When you get the info you can call our service dept and schedule a appt to pick up your key and get it programmed."

I'm fed up with the blase' attitude about this from him, the dealership, and Lexus. I wrote him a couple of weeks ago and told him I wanted to be on his list to call as soon as the 24 GX 460 started to arrive. I'm buying one as a second car to take on trips. Now, I will probably use a different salesman or a different dealership when I do buy it. I won't leave Lexus but I will have to make some changes just to make myself feel better, if nothing else.
Why not just buy a 2nd key vs waiting for the free 2nd one?

I’d also let him know your plan to go elsewhere for the new car. Might urge him into action.
Old 08-12-23, 09:59 AM
tedward155
Intermediate

It's not so much the key at this point as it is the principle. I could buy a key from a 3rd party but that's just letting Lexus and Parker off the hook. If they were selling us all twenty thousand dollar cars it might be ok. But Lexus is not a plain wrap brand. Although not Bentleys and Maybachs, Lexus is still considered a Luxury brand. Better service and treatment should be a given. And the "supply chain" and "logistics" arguments are wearing thin. It's been going on for 3 years. Fix it!
The following 2 users liked this post by tedward155:
IBen (08-23-23), lexusnyca (08-12-23)
Old 08-12-23, 10:09 AM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

I really find this amusing. “I’m so fed up with Lexus, I’ll show them by buying another Lexus”. Wouldn’t it be cheaper to buy a key from a 3rd party vendor? Or even rent a car.
Old 08-12-23, 11:09 AM
tedward155
Intermediate

Life is often amusing. Glad I could help you, Hunka Hunka
Elvisfan (08-12-23)
Old 08-13-23, 07:07 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Don't blame the salesperson or dealer.

This is purely a Lexus corporate issue.

Their communications are horrible so is the corporate customer service lately. Like many other companies they used the pandemic to eliminate customer service and created a condition where company is the King and customers are sheeps.
The following 3 users liked this post by toyotaman7:
jahnjva (08-13-23), lexusnyca (08-13-23), tedward155 (08-13-23)

Quick Reply: How many Key Fob are included with new RX?