RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

How many Key Fob are included with new RX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-24, 01:56 PM
kry226
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Delivered Feb 29. Were told to expect the 2nd FOB in May. As has been stated, May is almost gone...
Old 05-22-24, 05:57 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,567 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by kry226
Delivered Feb 29. Were told to expect the 2nd FOB in May. As has been stated, May is almost gone...
So you're basically on same timeline as me. Hey Lexus - notice this 52 page thread. Your behavior is unconscionable.
Old 05-23-24, 03:07 AM
kry226
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
So you're basically on same timeline as me. Hey Lexus - notice this 52 page thread. Your behavior is unconscionable.
Yessir... however, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I did purchase a 3rd fob so the wife and I could actually have our own settings tied our own fobs. But doggone it, I want my 2nd fob.
Old 05-23-24, 07:01 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Took delivery on November13th. Still no 2nd fob!! Was at the dealership yesterday and they said it could be any day now. I'll believe it when I see it!! I told them that with the key fob, the 12 volt battery issues, and that gas filler issues, Lexus has not done a good job. This could be my last one!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
wrinkle (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 10:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

You've all heard the saying the squeaky wheel is the first to get greased. Miraculously the dealer found a key fob for me and I'll be picking it up tomorrow
The following 3 users liked this post by mikemu30:
Carbuff2 (05-23-24), kry226 (05-23-24), wa3cuj (05-24-24)
Old 05-24-24, 01:38 PM
springsoak
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wa3cuj
Took delivery on November13th. Still no 2nd fob!! Was at the dealership yesterday and they said it could be any day now. I'll believe it when I see it!! I told them that with the key fob, the 12 volt battery issues, and that gas filler issues, Lexus has not done a good job. This could be my last one!!!!!
We took delivery of our 2024 RX350h on November 30, received an e-mail in January stating our 2nd fob would be available in March. Called Lexus last week (May 17) and the rep stated (without any hesitation) that if our email said March, the 2nd fob will be available in June. We’ll see….
Old 05-24-24, 02:10 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by springsoak
We took delivery of our 2024 RX350h on November 30, received an e-mail in January stating our 2nd fob would be available in March. Called Lexus last week (May 17) and the rep stated (without any hesitation) that if our email said March, the 2nd fob will be available in June. We’ll see….
Raise enough hell and you'll have it tomorrow. I picked ours up this morning after issuing them a deadline earlier in the week.
Old 05-25-24, 12:25 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 187 Likes on 133 Posts

Today I went down to the Lexus dealership I bought from (which has 3rd world quality sales, service - based on my buying experience - they seem to be having "too much business") and they were kind enough to tell me that I can't get it yet and "there are lots of people before me (from all over US)". That I shouldn't be surprised if it takes 8 months to get (I bought in end of December 2023). They were very kind to also let me know that I can order one out of pocket though! This is the same dealership that sold me Cilajet paint protection (yes, stupid me), and didn't apply it on the door panels (no water beading) at all, and now wondering if they can do anything about it.

Increasingly convinced that Lexus is really (turning into?) a 3rd world brand, with all the associated pretenses. I had a different/higher opinion of it, after experiencing Infiniti and Audi - in terms of service and customer focus. The only other remaining hope is that my RX doesn't have serious/repetitive reliability problems (other than the 12 V battery) - that's the best I can hope for at this point.
The following users liked this post:
EagleMan1954 (06-27-24)
Old 05-25-24, 04:25 PM
dvscycles
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkle
They were very kind to also let me know that I can order one out of pocket though! .
Did they give you a price?
Old 05-25-24, 05:37 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wrinkle
Today I went down to the Lexus dealership I bought from (which has 3rd world quality sales, service - based on my buying experience - they seem to be having "too much business") and they were kind enough to tell me that I can't get it yet and "there are lots of people before me (from all over US)". That I shouldn't be surprised if it takes 8 months to get (I bought in end of December 2023). They were very kind to also let me know that I can order one out of pocket though! This is the same dealership that sold me Cilajet paint protection (yes, stupid me), and didn't apply it on the door panels (no water beading) at all, and now wondering if they can do anything about it.

Increasingly convinced that Lexus is really (turning into?) a 3rd world brand, with all the associated pretenses. I had a different/higher opinion of it, after experiencing Infiniti and Audi - in terms of service and customer focus. The only other remaining hope is that my RX doesn't have serious/repetitive reliability problems (other than the 12 V battery) - that's the best I can hope for at this point.
This can't be legal. Like you buy a sofa, loveseat and lamps, pay for it all and they tell you the lamps won't be available for eight months??? Nonsense.
Old 05-25-24, 06:14 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dvscycles
Did they give you a price?
They didn't give me a price, and I didn't ask for one - they stated that the keyfob due to me was "under warranty" - and I can choose to order/pay the parts department if I wanted to, implying the delivery of the latter may be sooner. Even if I asked for a price, I'm certain it would be highly overpriced from this particular dealership, and I don't want them to make any more money off me.

For actually applying Cilajet on the door panels (something that I already paid $ 1000 for, for applying on the whole car, and has a 12 month warranty with paperwork) - I set up a service appointment. I noticed online that they were trying to get me to pay $ 50 for additional stuff (like topping off fluids, and multipoint inspection, but not an oil-change) for the 5000 mile Lexus-complimentary warranty, if elected to get it done at this dealership. They were only doing the tire rotation for free at the 5000 mile/6 month service.

Last edited by wrinkle; 05-25-24 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-25-24, 06:33 PM
dvscycles
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Where are you in California?
Old 05-25-24, 08:31 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dvscycles
Where are you in California?
Answered by PM. The mods are going to delete these messages for being "off-topic" very soon
Old 05-26-24, 11:49 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by kry226
That's about where I am at. Emailed my sales rep, he took a week to get back and informed me he's not sure why there is a delay (right). He did mention that I am not the only one. I'll know on Monday apparently.
Old 05-27-24, 12:37 PM
WantMyFob
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Measured
That's about where I am at. Emailed my sales rep, he took a week to get back and informed me he's not sure why there is a delay (right). He did mention that I am not the only one. I'll know on Monday apparently.
We're all in the same leaky boat. I bought mine In January 2024, and still no key. Called Lexus and they said they'ed send us a LETTER in about one month to tell us the status of the key. Obviously Toyuta/Lexus does not care about our frustration

Quick Reply: How many Key Fob are included with new RX?