RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

How many Key Fob are included with new RX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-23, 10:17 PM
misher
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krafty81
Don't have my car yet but dealer said one fob with second on "later".
Got my car and dealer did this. I made sure they gave me a signed agreement that the 2nd will come later.
Old 02-18-23, 05:33 AM
onhhi
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be receiving my 350h sometime in March. I was told by the dealer yesterday that I would receive the second fob in the mail in April. I could then bring it back to the dealer for programming.
Old 02-18-23, 10:13 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts

Same for me on the car I just “bought”. Dealer would not even guess on when we get the second key.
Old 02-18-23, 11:33 AM
lexusisgs
Advanced

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

hi ther e
i am tryi;g to share my experiance with fob keys and button battery

firs of all we put all fobs in old microwawe and it was fun all frequency we blocked .
just dont power it or cook keys in it lol'
whwn i bought our rx 450 h ;odel i got only one key from small car dealer.no trace of the second fob very strange right.
than i took teachstream software and read how many fob keys are registred to this truck.

guess what it was 5 fob keys registred to open and drivethis truck.
next step i was deliting from memory all 5 and just registered 1 key that was in my possesion.
impressive right.

always check how many fobs are registered on your truck because in the morning you could be surprise if car is not on your driway

one more thing we always dissable fob key after driving is done

here is procedure to safe button battery life and protect your fob from being duplicated
PUSH AND HOLD LOCK BUTTON
WHILE HOLDING LOCK BUTTON PUSH TWICE UNLOCK BUTTON
THAN YOU WILL SEE BLINKING LED ON FOB FLASHING
THAN FOB GOES IN SLEEP MODE

TO TESTED ...PUT IN YOUR POCKET AND WALK TOWARDS CAR AND TRY TO OPEN JUST BY HAND ECU WILL NOT RECOGNIZE SLEEPING FOB AND WILL NOT GRANT ENTRY TO THE CAR

TO ACTIVATE AGAIN YOUR FOB FRO; SLEEPING MODE JUST PRESS UNLOCK BUTTON AND START DRIVING..

this routine saving button battery for long time
Old 02-18-23, 11:49 AM
lexusisgs
Advanced

by the way be avare of those ROLLJAM AND CODE GRABBER ISM SIGNAL what thieves using around to get your car or gain access to garage door opener.

protect your fob using FARADAY BAG do some reading and be safe
20 to 40 kHz ;ercedess audi bmw .

or just install kill switch to start car .lol dont be paranoid like one of my neighbours he was taking orange plug from hybrid battery out when he was going over weekend fishing with his buddies.
Old 02-18-23, 12:52 PM
lexusisgs
Advanced

lol i like this one new info just arrived regarding brand new lexuses
thiefs used from location on front fender access to gps location and contacted road side assistance or something like that to open car and drive away.not clear if they were using phone app to start remotely car was part of that scam but still doing research.....

this is why i dont like phone app connected to vin nu;ber if you open hood and working on your truck and if kill swithc on hood not working so;eone from cell phone can remotely start you car and hurt you under hood.
i will always dissconect small 12 battery befor performing any work on new lexuses.

doing research how many fob keys can be married to car or truck 5 or more or only 2
Old 02-18-23, 01:14 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 384 Likes on 262 Posts

The faraday bag is a good idea if your key is in range of the car, when the key is inside your house.
Old 02-18-23, 08:23 PM
Thanos
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The physical key can start the car. You have to press the lock key 4 times, on the 4th press you hold it down and it will start the car.
The following users liked this post:
PeteInGilr (02-19-23)
Old 03-06-23, 03:23 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts
Default 2nd key fobs expectred soon

I was told today by the dealer that in the next week Lexus was sending out postcards to buyers with only one key fob at purchase, informing us to bring the post card to our dealer to have a new key fob cut and programmed for us. For what it's worth.
Old 03-06-23, 10:17 PM
stlblufan
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Strange thing to me....I bought an RX450 in 2021. I got two key fobs and both had a leather cover. I bought an RX500 in April 2023 and got one fob, no leather, and it looked like it had been used as a hockey puck. They did say that Lexus would eventually mail me another fob but no date was given for when that might happen. My 450 experience was overall so much better than my 500 experience that I am wondering if I should have gone with a BMW or another RX SUV comparable.
The following users liked this post:
Julius071 (03-07-23)
Old 03-07-23, 04:41 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by stlblufan
Strange thing to me....I bought an RX450 in 2021. I got two key fobs and both had a leather cover. I bought an RX500 in April 2023 and got one fob, no leather, and it looked like it had been used as a hockey puck. They did say that Lexus would eventually mail me another fob but no date was given for when that might happen. My 450 experience was overall so much better than my 500 experience that I am wondering if I should have gone with a BMW or another RX SUV comparable.
yeah sounds like a Tesla is your next car.
Old 03-07-23, 01:22 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by stlblufan
How did you buy the car in April of this year? It’s only March now?
Old 03-07-23, 01:46 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
@Elvisfan see post #226 here "FWIW just bought mine (RX500) yesterday from Santa Monica Lexus. $5000 market "adjustment". They have inbound that they claim will be $10-15k over market, but they might have been blowing smoke."
Old 03-07-23, 02:13 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Julius071
@Elvisfan see post #226 here "FWIW just bought mine (RX500) yesterday from Santa Monica Lexus. $5000 market "adjustment". They have inbound that they claim will be $10-15k over market, but they might have been blowing smoke."
Thanks much.
Old 03-07-23, 02:58 PM
stlblufan
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
Haha you're right, I went a month forward and not a month back, oops. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: How many Key Fob are included with new RX?