RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

How many Key Fob are included with new RX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-23, 07:50 AM
madmax24
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by daryll40
You're absolutely right that Lexus failed to deliver what they promised you. But is this really a class action thing? There's a global supply chain issue, although it's easing. Most of us have gotten the Digital Key (if you have that option) to work as a "second" key. I'm annoyed that my body side moldings, paid for and promised by the dealer, aren't being made in my color. But I get it. We all know that Lexus has to make good on the second FOB at some point. Technically you are right, but this is a de minimus thing. I'd say to try to focus on all of the good stuff in this new vehicle and know that the extra FOB will arrive eventually. Just my .02
According to Lexus there is a global supply issue but it seems to not affect some other car models. Toyota has enough leverage to move to the top of the supply chain. It just disturbs me that the 2nd fob was promised to be delivered in one month and it has been four months already and now the "promise" is "maybe May.

This is my 4th RX and the 2023 is much less vehicle than the 2016 I traded in. The Navigation system is a mess. There is considerable less storage in the cabin and in the spare tire area. You cannot even get your hand in the side door pocket. The digital key is essentially useless because Lexus warns that you should have the fob in your possession, when using digital key. I wish I had my 2016 back.
Old 03-17-23, 08:09 AM
Bo15
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Picked up new 350h yesterday and got just the 1 FOB. Said next month to pick up.
The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 02:53 PM
Vanguard
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

I just got an email today saying "A new key has been registered for your Lexus"

So maybe its getting mailed to me?
madmax24 (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 03:01 PM
Bo15
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanguard

My dealer told me to expect an email, but I'll have to pick it up at the dealership since they have to program it.
Old 03-17-23, 03:21 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

I hope you do get it soon. I was told last week that they would send a post card out to let me know when I could come in a pick it up
Old 03-17-23, 03:31 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax24
According to Lexus there is a global supply issue but it seems to not affect some other car models. Toyota has enough leverage to move to the top of the supply chain. It just disturbs me that the 2nd fob was promised to be delivered in one month and it has been four months already and now the "promise" is "maybe May.

This is my 4th RX and the 2023 is much less vehicle than the 2016 I traded in. The Navigation system is a mess. There is considerable less storage in the cabin and in the spare tire area. You cannot even get your hand in the side door pocket. The digital key is essentially useless because Lexus warns that you should have the fob in your possession, when using digital key. I wish I had my 2016 back.
Don’t you check those things out before you plunk down over $60k?
Urlik (03-19-23)
Old 03-17-23, 03:57 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

Would you tell us when you purchased? Might tell us if the older orders are being fulfilled first. Thanks.
madmax24 (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 06:15 PM
madmax24
Driver

That's great. I hope it gets there right away.
Old 03-17-23, 06:21 PM
madmax24
Driver

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
Don’t you check those things out before you plunk down over $60k?
I have been trying to get a new RX for over 3 years. My dealer could never get one with the Luxury package (heads-up display, triple beam headlights, etc). When I was at the dealership getting my 2016 serviced and saw them unloading the nori green off the hauler, it looked much better than it did on the web site. I called my wife and asked her how she would like a green car. She was OK with it, so I went inside and bought it. I should have been a more diligent consumer but I was really excited to finally be getting a new RX.
The following 2 users liked this post by madmax24:
BBQapple (03-17-23), Freds430 (03-18-23)
Old 03-17-23, 06:34 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

I have been trying to get a new RX for over 3 years. My dealer could never get one with the Luxury package (heads-up display, triple beam headlights, etc). When I was at the dealership getting my 2016 serviced and saw them unloading the nori green off the hauler, it looked much better than it did on the web site. I called my wife and asked her how she would like a green car. She was OK with it, so I went inside and bought it. I should have been a more diligent consumer but I was really excited to finally be getting a new RX.
I know exactly what you're talking about. When it came to trading my 22 450h for the 23 350h, I had no impulse control either. I was at the dealership to have my car (with only 6500 miles on it) serviced, and a few odds and ends fixed. When I saw the caviar with light interior, I had to talk to the dealer. I really did not like the front end of gen. 4, the seats were too narrow for my ***, the screen required a touchpad, and the color was what I had originally wanted, instead of the nightfall mica. So, like an idiot I wrote them a check for the difference and drove home in a new 23. I do not regret it.
Old 03-17-23, 07:32 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

The digital key is essentially useless because Lexus warns that you should have the fob in your possession, when using digital key. I wish I had my 2016 back.
Is that the black credit card looking access key? I didn’t know it was unreliable by itself, I gave that one to my wife while I wait for the second fob. Incedentally I took delivery of my ES in mid December and still waiting. We also just bought an IS a couple weeks ago and it only came with one fob.
Old 03-17-23, 07:40 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by tedward155
I know exactly what you're talking about. When it came to trading my 22 450h for the 23 350h, I had no impulse control either. I was at the dealership to have my car (with only 6500 miles on it) serviced, and a few odds and ends fixed. When I saw the caviar with light interior, I had to talk to the dealer. I really did not like the front end of gen. 4, the seats were too narrow for my ***, the screen required a touchpad, and the color was what I had originally wanted, instead of the nightfall mica. So, like an idiot I wrote them a check for the difference and drove home in a new 23. I do not regret it.
LOL the lure of a shiny new Lexus is strong!

I was tasked with buying my wife an SUV but got sidetracked by a beautiful IS350 F on the lot. Sent her a text “check out this red interior” and the rest was history. We swap our two cars back and forth and love it (I’ve got a ‘23 ES300h)
tedward155 (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 09:04 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BBQapple
LOL the lure of a shiny new Lexus is strong!

I was tasked with buying my wife an SUV but got sidetracked by a beautiful IS350 F on the lot. Sent her a text “check out this red interior” and the rest was history. We swap our two cars back and forth and love it (I’ve got a ‘23 ES300h)
I've asked my partner to ensure that I do not go by the Lexus dealership when the new RZ 450e comes in. I'm very very afraid I would be tempted to trade again. And for no other reason than it is new, shiny, and sexy. Forget the crappy range and useless sunroof that doesn't open...... it just so damn pretty.
Old 03-18-23, 08:34 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

3 years? The new RX has only been out for 4 months.
Old 04-04-23, 09:43 AM
IBen
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone actually received the second key, or just empty promises from Lexus?

Quick Reply: How many Key Fob are included with new RX?