RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Tire Pressure Monitor Questions (Merged multiple threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-23, 09:30 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 427 Likes on 290 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Monitor Questions (Merged multiple threads)

1. Under Settings - Vehicle Customize: you can set indicated tire air pressure. Really? Is there some way the tires inflate from the car? Huh?

2. Using the left steering wheel “Four Arrows” toggle, I can toggle the driver’s dash and HUD easily from Audio, where I leave it, to see fuel economy. Is there a way to easily toggle to see tire pressure? Or is the only way to see tire pressure to use the center big screen on VEHICLE (car icon) then Tire Pressure? On my old 2020RX I could toggle to see tire pressure in the driver’s dash.

3. On the right steering wheel “Four Arrows” toggle, the 12 o’clock and 3 o’clock “dots”, seen in the HUD, are “dead”. Can something be programmed into them? For reference, the 9 o’clock position shows “following distance”. And 6 o’clock has “Mode” for driving assist mode.
Old 01-18-23, 12:19 PM
FMY421
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Tire pressure no longer shows up in the driver's dash.
1:33:08 Tire Pressure Settings

programming steering wheel.
1:33:39 Steering Switch: Customize Steering Wheel Buttons for NXs with HUD

I can't help with the other questions.
Old 01-18-23, 01:06 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Thank you for that. It answers some questions. A few more, above, remain.
Old 01-19-23, 04:50 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Default Automatic Tire Air Pumper Upper

I mentioned this buried in another of my recent threads, but it seems that no one noticed. The 2023RX has options in the settings that ask for desired tire air pressure. I'm afraid to play with it until I know more. Does this vehicle have some sort of way to increase (or decrease) air in the tires? Doesn't seem possible. What are these settings all about?

NOTE: I apologize to the moderators and this community if my posts are becoming annoying. I'm hopeful that you will view them as useful and probably what many other and future lurkers will want to know. Yeah, I'm sort of lazy...the owner's manual is rough to navigate. And there aren't many YouTube videos on this brand new vehicle up yet. So by posing targeted questions, I do primarily hope to pique interest for others to help me find out the secrets of the 2023 Lexus RX. But I do so secondarily with the focus that this will be useful for others as well. And I'm almost up to my desired level of learning curve and will probably be able to return to "occasional poster" status again soon. Oh, and I'm happy to return the favor and answer questions that I've figured out. Like yesterday's question about how to disable the side-view mirror tilt upon putting the car into reverse.
The following users liked this post:
Criticalman (12-25-23)
Old 01-19-23, 05:12 AM
bdspilot
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I think this setting is for the TPMS. The TPMS alert can be based on the recommended pressure (say 33psi) or you can reset it to what ever is currently in the tires if you want to run them higher or lower.
I left mine set to recommended.
The following 2 users liked this post by bdspilot:
dklanecky1 (01-19-23), FMY421 (01-19-23)
Old 01-19-23, 05:36 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bdspilot
I think this setting is for the TPMS. The TPMS alert can be based on the recommended pressure (say 33psi) or you can reset it to what ever is currently in the tires if you want to run them higher or lower.
I left mine set to recommended.
​​​​​

Ah, so this is just an alert sensor.
Old 01-19-23, 10:57 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
NOTE: I apologize to the moderators and this community if my posts are becoming annoying. I'm hopeful that you will view them as useful and probably what many other and future lurkers will want to know. Yeah, I'm sort of lazy...the owner's manual is rough to navigate. And there aren't many YouTube videos on this brand new vehicle up yet. So by posing targeted questions, I do primarily hope to pique interest for others to help me find out the secrets of the 2023 Lexus RX. But I do so secondarily with the focus that this will be useful for others as well. And I'm almost up to my desired level of learning curve and will probably be able to return to "occasional poster" status again soon. Oh, and I'm happy to return the favor and answer questions that I've figured out. Like yesterday's question about how to disable the side-view mirror tilt upon putting the car into reverse.
hi dayrll, appreciate the comment and yes we are starting to get some complaints, especially on the stuff that is spelled out in the owners manual. I’d suggest seeing if you can download it from the Lexus owners site and that way you can more easily search it for the keyword & topics you are looking to learn about. Don’t stop the participation, but do please use resources you’ve got first! Thanks.
Old 01-19-23, 11:02 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
hi dayrll, appreciate the comment and yes we are starting to get some complaints, especially on the stuff that is spelled out in the owners manual. I’d suggest seeing if you can download it from the Lexus owners site and that way you can more easily search it for the keyword & topics you are looking to learn about. Don’t stop the participation, but do please use resources you’ve got first! Thanks.

OK, I hear ya! Thanks for putting up with me. I’ll pipe down a bit. At the very least, I’ll try to limit my near future activity here to only the existing threads. 😀
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (01-22-23)
Old 01-22-23, 06:27 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

I still can’t figure out what this screen is supposed to lead me to do in regards to setting indicated and current air pressures.

Last edited by daryll40; 01-22-23 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-22-23, 06:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Did you download the pdf owners manual? If you did post it and I’ll search it for you
Old 01-22-23, 07:37 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Did you download the pdf owners manual? If you did post it and I’ll search it for you
I’m embarrassed to admit that I can’t get the Lexus App or the MyLexus account to find the manual in pdf. I keep getting “no file found”.
Old 01-22-23, 08:26 AM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 406 Likes on 271 Posts

The PDF manuals are available in this forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...s-manuals.html
Old 01-22-23, 09:11 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusnyca
The PDF manuals are available in this forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...s-manuals.html
That was handy. Thank you!
Old 01-22-23, 09:14 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Thanks to Lexusnyca, just above, I downloaded the pdf of the owner's manual. I tried to post it so you can see what I'm talking about...there's no definitive explanation of how to activate Traffic Jam Assist...but the file is to big to post. But here is the direct link to the manual for the 2023 RX350h: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...s-manuals.html
Old 01-23-23, 01:18 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Default Tire Pressure Setting (closed covered in RX forum multiple posts)

Can anyone explain what this screen is for? What does imputing indicated and current tire pressure do? Why must current pressure be inputted if the vehicle already know what it is? And can the vehicle actually increase tire pressure to the indicated (doubtful). In all honestly, I have the new RX but no one over there seems to know what this is, and I understand that the NX got this last year.

Also, is there any way to show the four tire pressures in the “little driver’s screen” and/or on the HUD screen? So far it appears that the only way to check pressure is in the infotainment screen.

Also one other question: Do the 2023 Lexi still come with the first two services “free”? The mini 5000Mi “check” and the “real” 10,000Mi actual oil change? A few of us on the 5th Gen new RX board noted that our dealers didn’t mention this as was the case in the past,

Last edited by daryll40; 01-23-23 at 01:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitor Questions (Merged multiple threads)