RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lexus Prepaid Maintenance plan

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-24, 07:12 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by hoangdeptrai
I'm at 5000 miles and I am so torn at getting oil changes and tire rotations at the dealership in the future. I absolutely can do it at home. However, by doing at dealership, I could get maintenance history record and also multi-point vehicle check. By doing at home, I could put in high quality oils, right torque specs and scratch free on the vehicle.
I have decided to have my trusted (validated by past experience having honesty) independent mechanic do it, and they even get Toyota-branded 0w-16 and filter to put in. They also provide written record of the oil/filter changes (including note of oil brand etc), and the record also gets updated automatically by them at Carfax.

I just can't trust any Lexus dealer at this point - at least in Northern California, they pursue highway robbery with regards to what they charge. And I can't trust their workmanship (putting oil from generic barrels, etc) necessarily like I can trust my indie mechanic. I just don't have the time/patience to do it myself, however.
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (09-21-24)
Old 09-19-24, 11:35 AM
budwom
Advanced

Received 230 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkle
I have decided to have my trusted (validated by past experience having honesty) independent mechanic do it, and they even get Toyota-branded 0w-16 and filter to put in. They also provide written record of the oil/filter changes (including note of oil brand etc), and the record also gets updated automatically by them at Carfax.

I just can't trust any Lexus dealer at this point - at least in Northern California, they pursue highway robbery with regards to what they charge. And I can't trust their workmanship (putting oil from generic barrels, etc) necessarily like I can trust my indie mechanic. I just don't have the time/patience to do it myself, however.
I have been doing this for years and have saved a whole lot of money. Find an honest, smart independent guy (tough in some cases) and stick with him.
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (09-21-24)