RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-23, 04:41 PM
goodyrl
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RX350PLAYAPRO
I'm buying the RX 450h plug in hybrid within a month, upgrading from my 2013 RX350. Just letting you guys know, I found a contact at a franchise dealer in the bay area that sells 3rd party warranties for all cars, but get this; for hybrids and certain cars, they have unlimited miles AND unlimited time bumper to bumper coverage that's good at Lexus or anywhere. I think the company is National Auto Care(https://www.nationalautocare.com), so I'll be taking advantage of this, because that 2024 RX 450H+ plug in will be my forever car.
Jerry at Midwest Lexus Platinum only way to go
+1 (620) 664-8844
The following users liked this post:
jollick (07-11-24)
Old 12-27-23, 01:21 PM
RX350PLAYAPRO
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goodyrl
Jerry at Midwest Lexus Platinum only way to go
+1 (620) 664-8844
I called Jerry and he has 10 year 100k miles for $3185. I talked to Ben at 925-338-7118 from dealership and he offered Unlimited Miles AND Unlimited Time full bumper-to-bumper coverage for $2877 so I'm going with him because I'm keeping this SUV past 100k miles and I drive a lot. He even included unlimited no time and no mileage cap 12v car battery changes parts and labor included as well.

Last edited by RX350PLAYAPRO; 12-27-23 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-27-23, 01:40 PM
goodyrl
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I called Jerry and he has 10 year 100k miles for $3185. I talked to Ben at 925-338-7118 and he offered Unlimited Miles AND Unlimited Time full bumper-to-bumper for $2877 so I'm going with him because I'm keeping this SUV past 100k miles and I drive a lot. He even included unlimited no time and no mileage cap 12v car battery changes parts and labor included as well.
But it isn’t Lexus Platinum. You’ll need claim approvals which can be a hassle
dklanecky1 (12-28-23)
Old 12-27-23, 02:02 PM
RX350PLAYAPRO
5th Gear

Originally Posted by goodyrl
But it isn’t Lexus Platinum. You’ll need claim approvals which can be a hassle
Last claim I made on my RX350 for door electrical problems, I handed him a copy of my 3rd party warranty paperwork to the Lexus Service Advisor and they did everything. I just paid the deductible when I picked up the car. No hassle on my end. They are used to taking all forms of payment from customers and how to process them.
Old 12-28-23, 01:35 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 130 Likes on 96 Posts

I called Jerry and he has 10 year 100k miles for $3185. I talked to Ben at 925-338-7118 from dealership and he offered Unlimited Miles AND Unlimited Time full bumper-to-bumper coverage for $2877 so I'm going with him because I'm keeping this SUV past 100k miles and I drive a lot. He even included unlimited no time and no mileage cap 12v car battery changes parts and labor included as well.
Which dealership is this, sounds like East Bay ? Are you convinced that the forever coverage will work out practically (that there will be no denials based on arbitrary reasons), because thats what insurance companies tend to do…

And Jerry’s coverage is the Lexus Platinum (and not a 3rd party), correct ?
RX350PLAYAPRO (12-28-23)
Old 12-28-23, 02:22 PM
RX350PLAYAPRO
5th Gear

Originally Posted by wrinkle
Which dealership is this, sounds like East Bay ? Are you convinced that the forever coverage will work out practically (that there will be no denials based on arbitrary reasons), because thats what insurance companies tend to do…

And Jerry’s coverage is the Lexus Platinum (and not a 3rd party), correct ?
Yes, it's East Bay in California. I never had an insurance company deny me a claim I was entitled to and I made plenty of claims for Auto insurance, auto warranties, homeowner's insurance, health coverage insurance.. etc. This isn't some company that called me from a 1800 number from India. I'm the one who reached out first to this dealership to shop around for warranties. So I guess it looks like my chances are good for a LIFETIME unlimited miles and unlimited time warranty for only $2877. Yes, Jerry's coverage is Lexus, but only 10 years 100k only and it cost more. 3rd party or not, I want the best deal and I don't think Lexus is the only place that offers warranties on their car, just like Geico isn't the only company that offers car insurance. There's Progressive, State Farm, Mercury, Farmers... etc. Like I said I used a 3rd party warranty already on my RX 350 and it paid out just fine.

I don't know.. do you know anyone offering a lifetime warranty on Lexus for under 3 grand without any mileage restrictions? Please help as I'm looking for the best deal. So far Ben is the best I've found.
Old 12-30-23, 10:18 PM
djrees
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, it's East Bay in California. I never had an insurance company deny me a claim I was entitled to and I made plenty of claims for Auto insurance, auto warranties, homeowner's insurance, health coverage insurance.. etc. This isn't some company that called me from a 1800 number from India. I'm the one who reached out first to this dealership to shop around for warranties. So I guess it looks like my chances are good for a LIFETIME unlimited miles and unlimited time warranty for only $2877. Yes, Jerry's coverage is Lexus, but only 10 years 100k only and it cost more. 3rd party or not, I want the best deal and I don't think Lexus is the only place that offers warranties on their car, just like Geico isn't the only company that offers car insurance. There's Progressive, State Farm, Mercury, Farmers... etc. Like I said I used a 3rd party warranty already on my RX 350 and it paid out just fine.

I don't know.. do you know anyone offering a lifetime warranty on Lexus for under 3 grand without any mileage restrictions? Please help as I'm looking for the best deal. So far Ben is the best I've found.
I have been a service advisor in a car dealership, read what is "NOT COVERED" on any extended warranty. Extended warranties are sold with a statement that it is bumper to bumper coverage. It is a lie! These were a major pain for the technician, the customer and for me as well. Had to wait for an inspector to come out, claims were denied quite often, In fact the inspector had a nickname of Dr. NO! With the Manufactures warranty we had no issues, almost always covered. In fact, the last finance guy I dealt with sent me a picture of the brochure and left out the "not covered" section. Did not buy from them. Fortunately I had the same brochure and knew what he had omitted. Even the Lexus coverage has batteries listed in the not covered section. That makes me wonder if the Hybrid Traction Battery would be not covered as well. The 12 volt battery is not an issue, can buy them for less then $250. Anyhow, buyer beware!

Last edited by djrees; 12-31-23 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added info
wrinkle (12-31-23)
Old 12-31-23, 10:07 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

To each his own, I get it, but I can't believe some folks will pay out $3k + for an extended warranty on a Lexus.
The following 3 users liked this post by budwom:
djrees (12-31-23), jahnjva (12-31-23), Urlik (12-31-23)
Old 12-31-23, 11:13 AM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by budwom
To each his own, I get it, but I can't believe some folks will pay out $3k + for an extended warranty on a Lexus.
Agreed. I didn't have any on an LX, ES or even two Land Cruisers I previously owned.

But I bought a Lexus platinum for the '24 500h. Two reasons:

1. Bought the 500h and while doing the customer tech training (after signing all the papework) they found it couldn't communicate to navigate or have a SOS response. Took them 3 weeks and systems reset plus a new data module to fix it. They had to go back to the vendor in Japan to figure out was was wrong. I would have hated to pay the labor bill if this happened out of warranty.

2. The 2.4 turbo engine, new 6-speed tranny, sheer amount of new electronics/software (see item 1 above) scared me enough to bite the bullet.
The following 2 users liked this post by oneround:
jollick (07-11-24), Measured (01-20-24)
Old 02-02-24, 11:37 AM
Measured
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by oneround
Agreed. I didn't have any on an LX, ES or even two Land Cruisers I previously owned.

But I bought a Lexus platinum for the '24 500h. Two reasons:

1. Bought the 500h and while doing the customer tech training (after signing all the papework) they found it couldn't communicate to navigate or have a SOS response. Took them 3 weeks and systems reset plus a new data module to fix it. They had to go back to the vendor in Japan to figure out was was wrong. I would have hated to pay the labor bill if this happened out of warranty.

2. The 2.4 turbo engine, new 6-speed tranny, sheer amount of new electronics/software (see item 1 above) scared me enough to bite the bullet.
Having had Lexus for a few decades now. This is the first one I purchased ECP for just to be on the safe side for long term ownership, plus I got a discount and free servicing. Granted the engine T24A-FTS is in many vehicles for the last several years in different configurations. I suppose time will tell .
Old 02-02-24, 07:51 PM
Scientifix
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by budwom
Agreed, we just switched last month from a BMW to Lexus precisely to avoid paying for extended warranty! Of course this is our first Lexus, so only time will tell, but based on our friends and family experience and reviews we aren't buying any extended warranty for the Lexus. We have a 2010 Acura MDX with 160K miles, stilling running! We didn't get the extended warranty on the Acura and we didn't regret that because we hadn't need to do any crazy repairs on it whatsoever, other than usual wear and tear.
Old 07-05-24, 08:08 AM
AznD85
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question

I'm new to the forum. I am interested in the Lexus Vehicle Service Agreement / Extended Warranty. I've seen Jerry Joseph (Warranty Manager) at Midwest Toyota. Anyone got pricing from him for the 2024 Lexus RX350H?
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM
AznD85
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Which 3rd party warranty company did you use?